UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

9/7/12 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/07/12 2:56 PM
Yep, definitely a great win over NY.

Some heartening signs that bode well for the future were the play of Kevin Ogletree at the #3 WR spot, and the fact that our patchwork offensive line was able to weather the storm of that Giants defensive front.

On the defensive side of the ball we were downright dominant at times. Once Morris Claiborne gets over his rookie mistakes we are going to be very hard to pass on I think.
9/9/12 2:20 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless you actually think that the Eagles have something this year, you can all but pencil in the Cowboys as NFC East champs: Dating back to 1997, teams winning the first meeting vs. a division rival on the road have also won the second meeting at home more than 70% of the time - so that means it is very likely that in order for the Giants to finish ahead of the Cowboys they will have to win three unanswered games vs. Dallas from the rest of their schedule - and the Giants have a tougher schedule (they have to play Green Bay and San Francisco while Dallas gets to play Chicago and Seattle).
9/9/12 3:02 AM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/09/12 3:05 AM
Philly pushed our shit in last year, twice. So while I'm optimistic we can do well against them it's by no means a done deal.
9/9/12 9:59 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TenOfSwords - Unless you actually think that the Eagles have something this year, you can all but pencil in the Cowboys as NFC East champs: Dating back to 1997, teams winning the first meeting vs. a division rival on the road have also won the second meeting at home more than 70% of the time - so that means it is very likely that in order for the Giants to finish ahead of the Cowboys they will have to win three unanswered games vs. Dallas from the rest of their schedule - and the Giants have a tougher schedule (they have to play Green Bay and San Francisco while Dallas gets to play Chicago and Seattle).

A win over Seattle, Tampa Bay and Chicago gets us to 4-0 by the bye.

:)
9/10/12 12:15 PM
SinCityHustler

Wasington looked pretty damn good yesterday and Philly squeeked one out against the Browns.  This will be very interesting as we roll into October and November.  If the O line issues get addressed in Dallas, they are the best team in the div ision and legitimate play off contenders.  
9/15/12 2:18 PM
Jayreeee
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboys gonna do work in Seattle Phone Post
9/16/12 6:29 PM
itskrisdude
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. Go Hawks.
9/17/12 10:59 AM
Out To Lunch
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

itskrisdude - LOL. Go Hawks.

THIS
9/17/12 11:40 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 09/17/12 11:54 PM
Seattle beat our ass worse than we beat GMEN Nation.

I am hopeful that it was just one bad game on Dallas' part and not an indication of things to come.
9/18/12 3:06 AM
SinCityHustler

PoundforPound - Seattle beat our ass worse than we beat GMEN Nation.

I am hopeful that it was just one bad game on Dallas' part and not an indication of things to come.

The good thing is we get the Giants again soon and we can get well at their expense.  Seattle just looked awesome.  Perhpas they're that good.  Hard to say, Dallas owned NY and looked fantastic.  The team did not look the same vs Seattle. 
10/2/12 8:53 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 10/02/12 8:57 PM
Dez Bryant plays as if he has no brains or desire. And the O-line can't protect Romo or block for the running game.

Let's see what the changes they make during the bye week and if they can get some players healed up.
10/2/12 9:16 PM
HEMAN
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to resign Montrae Holland to replace Mackenzie B. He is the weak link along with Doug Free on the line.

Ratliff and Spencer should be back for BMORE. I'm hoping Ryan move Ratliff to DE and let Brent continue to be plug as the NT. Moving Ratliff and Ware around to provide pressure.
10/5/12 10:34 PM
Jayreeee
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a cowboys fan, we SUCK

Truth hurts sometimes Phone Post
10/6/12 3:39 AM
J Utah

Cowboys fan checking in. I agree with the guy that said we need to resign Montrae Holland he would be a huge upgrade over Mack B.Holland is very good run blocker. I agree brent has been good at NT play Ratliff at End when he comes back. Our defense finally gets good now our offense goes into the shitter. Unless this oline can get better there is no hope for this season.
10/6/12 1:02 PM
HEMAN
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OLINE is the weak link on this offense. They cannot pass protect or run block. And NOW...our WRs can't run the route routes or catch the ball...LOL!
12/4/12 8:30 PM
SinCityHustler

Well, the season is appearing to come down to the final 5 games, needing to win them all.  With the Philly win, that leaves 4 more to go.  Cinci is going to be tough but with Demarco Murray back in the line up and seemingly running the ball effectively, I expect to see the offense more dynamic and successful in moving the ball as well as punching it in the end zone.  There are key injuries on the Defensive side of the ball but they've been making plays lately.  That's encouraging.  So what is it friends, is Big D capable of of putting a run together to win the diviison and get into the oturnament?  And what about next season, is Garret back?  Romo?  

12/4/12 9:27 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 12/05/12 3:21 AM
The loss of Bruce Carter and Sean Lee has crippled the defense. Not to mention that the safety play is atrocious.

On offense Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, and Miles Austin appear to be hitting their stride. And having DeMarco Murray back does indeed provide a more balanced attack. However the offensive line can't be relied on and is a fatal flaw.

So even if we were to get into the playoffs we would get bounced out pretty quickly in my opinion. It might be better to not get in at all and have a higher draft pick instead. I don't mind giving Jason Garret one more year, to see what he can do with everyone healthy. But it would be his last chance.
12/5/12 3:03 AM
SiftMyMind

What positions should we draft in the first three rounds?
12/5/12 3:20 AM
PoundforPound

Edited: 12/05/12 3:22 AM
I'd like to see a pass rusher, an offensive lineman, and a safety.
12/5/12 10:26 AM
HEMAN

P4P hit it on the nail. Although, I don't think they'll draft a safety in the 3rd. I think they may go after a RB/CB/OG/OC/DL. Jerry Jones seem to like Sensabaugh and Church as starters.
12/10/12 2:17 PM
Joulnx

Edited: 12/10/12 5:09 PM
Haven't posted here in a while. Just wanted to say that I'm very proud of the way the team played yesterday especially given the very difficult circumstances. They beat a good team on the road and came back from down 9 in the fourth to do it. I've been pretty bearish on the 2012 Cowboys but the win yesterday showed me that they have a lot of character and heart in that locker room and if one thing can be said about this team is that they're fighters and they never give up even in the face of tragedy, injuries and a hostile crowd. Haven't been this proud to be a fan of this team in quite some time.

How bout dem Cowboys!!
12/10/12 2:33 PM
Joulnx

Edited: 12/10/12 5:06 PM
I think Garrett has earned another year given the injury situation and the fact that the team despite its lack of talent in key areas, looks like they give it 100 percent every week. OL and DL need to be the major offseason priorities. Football is still and will always be a game that is won and lost in the trenches, its the engine that drives the bus both offensively and defensively. We have the skill position players to win now, we have the DBs and LBs to win now. OL and DL needs to be the focus in the offseason.
12/10/12 4:34 PM
SinCityHustler

Very well said.  I spent the majority of my sunday on the couch, taking in football, especially nervous about our chances in Cincinnati.  And true to their reputation, Dallas didn't make it easy, falling behind and needing late game heroics in order to get the win.  But what a win it was.  I was about as happy as I''ve been over a football game in recent memory.  

12/10/12 6:09 PM
PoundforPound

That sucks what happened with Josh Brent and Jerry Brown. They were best of friends supposedly.

Never drive drunk.
12/18/12 4:12 AM
SinCityHustler

Gut check time and Dallas comes through, sets up NFC East title game against Washington with a win over New Orleans.  Wow!

I was in AZ this weekend for the Lions vs Vardinals game and once the game was out of reach, I dipped out and went across the street to a br showing the cowboys game.  Pandemonium exploded out into the street with the win.  Steelers fans were in tears, Cowboys fans were in jubilation.  Awesome!

Looking at tickets for the NO matchup.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.