UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

12/18/12 4:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gut check time and Dallas comes through, sets up NFC East title game against Washington with a win over New Orleans.  Wow!

I was in AZ this weekend for the Lions vs Vardinals game and once the game was out of reach, I dipped out and went across the street to a br showing the cowboys game.  Pandemonium exploded out into the street with the win.  Steelers fans were in tears, Cowboys fans were in jubilation.  Awesome!

Looking at tickets for the NO matchup.  

4/2/13 1:52 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/13 1:53 AM
I hope they get Chance Warmack in the upcoming draft. The offensive line has been a problem for far too long.

But safety is also a need. And we could use a stud defensive tackle for the new 4-3 defense that Monte Kiffin is going to install.
4/4/13 10:14 PM
HEMAN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OL. Romo needs protection. Murray needs running lane. I think this draft is about the Oline. A FS would be a great find too. But the DLINE needs to be address next year.
4/25/13 5:49 PM
Caleb
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

The correct pick would be Sheldon Richardson, but I would be fine with Warmack, Cooper, lotulelei, etc. Do not want Vaccaro.

4/26/13 5:33 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/13 5:33 AM
Damn, Richardson/Warmack/Cooper/Lotulelei/Vaccaro were all gone by the 18th pick. Crazy.

I thought we should have gotten back a little more for the trade (look at what New England got for theirs) but this Travis Frederick guy is supposedly the best center in the draft. He should help our offensive line.

4/28/13 8:30 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/cowboys-execs-appear-glum-after-trade-down-in-first-round.html/

IRVING — The scene in the Cowboys’ war room Thursday night was nothing like what took place a year ago.

Last April, the Cowboys pulled off a trade with St. Louis to jump eight spots in the first round and select LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne with the sixth overall pick.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, executive vice president Stephen Jones and coach Jason Garrett celebrated the move.

The Cowboys’ website again had a live feed of the team’s war room.

This time around, there weren’t any smiles or high-fives among the Cowboys’ executives in the team’s draft room at about the time Dallas’ first-round trade appeared to go down with San Francisco.

Garrett and Cowboys assistant director of player personnel Tom Ciskowski didn’t look happy after Stephen Jones hung up the phone. They were both slumped back in their chairs.

Garrett, at one point, had a blank look across his face as he started rubbing his forehead with his hand. Ciskowski and Stephen Jones also had an animated exchange. It was a rare show of emotion by Ciskowski.

The Cowboys traded their 18th overall pick to the 49ers for San Francisco’s 31st and 74th picks. To add a third-round pick, the Cowboys had to drop 13 spots in the first round.
11/23/13 8:53 AM
SinCityHustler

Going to need a big effort Sunday against New York.
11/24/13 1:49 AM
EHC
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for the Boys to destroy the gmen in a few hours!
11/25/13 1:41 AM
SinCityHustler

Pretty solid effort
12/6/13 12:08 AM
HEMAN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough game this Monday against the Bears. Hopefully we can get some sembelance of a running game. It'll be freezing and Romo doesn't do well in cold weather games.
12/22/13 8:44 PM
SinCityHustler

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
12/24/13 9:05 PM
Cbass

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/24/cowboys-will-sign-jon-kitna/

LOL the Cowgirls are signing 41 year old Jon Kitna
12/27/13 6:14 AM
TenOfSwords
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But would you trust Chip Kelly in a big game?

I know I wouldn't!

12/27/13 11:06 AM
HEMAN

We don't stand much of a chance in the game. :( NO ROMO...NO PLAYOFFs.
2/25/14 9:55 AM
SiftMyMind

Cowboys right now = garbage

Direction Cowboys are going in = garbage

:(
2/25/14 1:20 PM
PoundforPound

I saw Jerry Jones being interviewed on ESPN yesterday. When they asked him about being the general manager he defiantly brought up how much money he paid for the team and how that entitles him to have the last word on football matters.

Technically he is right I suppose. But this f*cking moron doesn't get it, it's about putting competent people in charge not about his ego.

2/25/14 1:33 PM
Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a Giants fan I praise JJ for destroinyg the Cowboys org helping out NY. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 3:39 PM
SiftMyMind

When the Cowboys failed to qualify for the post-season for the fourth consecutive season, Jerry was asked if he was embarrassed.

His reply was, "Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium?”

What does the stadium have to do with the terrible performance results the Cowboys have been getting on the field?

Unreal

2/25/14 10:33 PM
SinCityHustler

The reality is the Cowboys are really handcuffed by the salary cap. Currently over $20M and needing to restructure or let go of guys like Romo and Ware. Of course Romo isn't going anywhere but the talent level will take a hit as the team makes business decisions in order to get back to where they need to be in reference to the cap.

I hate to say it but it's time to bite the bullet. Lets part ways with Ware, that saves $7M and lets get young again. The key is having a great draft, picking up inexpensive players who will net results coming out the gate, and provide much needed relief for the cap. But under the current system it will not work. Dallas used to draft well, it was a strength of the organization. With Jones calling the shots, the Cowboys have not done well on draft day.

It's a shame it has come to this, but we could be looking at a 5 win season next year or even worse, but it is a necessary evil if the tarnished star is to regain it's proud shine of yester year.
2/26/14 11:21 AM
HEMAN

I would love to trade Romo to Houston for a 1st round pick.
2/27/14 12:23 AM
SinCityHustler

Who would you take with their pick? Rom of or the overall #1? Don't see that happening.

How about Kaepernick, dude makes $970k per season and is on his last year. .
2/27/14 12:43 PM
SiftMyMind

SinCityHustler - The reality is the Cowboys are really handcuffed by the salary cap. Currently over $20M and needing to restructure or let go of guys like Romo and Ware. Of course Romo isn't going anywhere but the talent level will take a hit as the team makes business decisions in order to get back to where they need to be in reference to the cap.

I hate to say it but it's time to bite the bullet. Lets part ways with Ware, that saves $7M and lets get young again. The key is having a great draft, picking up inexpensive players who will net results coming out the gate, and provide much needed relief for the cap. But under the current system it will not work. Dallas used to draft well, it was a strength of the organization. With Jones calling the shots, the Cowboys have not done well on draft day.

It's a shame it has come to this, but we could be looking at a 5 win season next year or even worse, but it is a necessary evil if the tarnished star is to regain it's proud shine of yester year.

With Jones calling the shots, the Cowboys have done a lot worse than just messing up draft picks!

I assume you are a Cowboys fan, why aren't you more angry/frustrated like I am?
2/27/14 3:01 PM
SinCityHustler

Way back in the early 90s I wished Dallas could turn it around and deliver a Super Bowl to its fans, the world over. And out of nowhere, it happened not once but three times in 4 years. My wish having been answered 3 times over, I can't complain or be upset. So teams are still sitting at 0 super bowls and here Dallas has 5. Sure I get frustrated but I don't let it ruin my day. I follow for game day enjoyment and take the good with the bad. I hope to see them return to the top of the mountain but if they don't, that's ok too.
3/1/14 6:07 PM
HEMAN

SinCityHustler - Who would you take with their pick? Rom of or the overall #1? Don't see that happening.

How about Kaepernick, dude makes $970k per season and is on his last year. .

I would go for Clowney. This defense needs to be rebuilt. I would look for a QB in later rounds or years. Build up both lines for the future.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.