UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

9/21/10 1:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn good article on the coaching situation:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/469371-the-dallas-cowboys-wade-phillips-a-prime-example-of-the-peter-principle-at-work
9/21/10 1:19 PM
SiftMyMind

(Can some plz advise me how to make actual clickable links for URLs on the forum)
9/21/10 5:03 PM
caleb
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't do it unless you are a pro member on the site. No worries...we can just copy and paste.. I'm going to read it now.
9/21/10 7:39 PM
TheRealJoker
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So do y'all think the Texans or gonna run for 250+ yards or throw for 450+ yards against your team? Either way, I expect a repeat of what happened during the preseason a few weeks ago ;)
9/21/10 8:34 PM
Joulnx

I predict a close game with the Texans winning.
9/22/10 12:04 AM
drjim

As bad as the cowboys offense is I think their d is just as bad. The d has not created any turnovers in 2 games and one of them was against the interception guru Jay Cutler. Totally pathetic. They may not win 9 games this year.
9/23/10 3:13 PM
SiftMyMind

Earlier this afternoon, a rumor surfaced out of Dallas that the Cowboys could be on the verge of firing head coach Wade Phillips.

Kevin Lee from prosportsblogging.com was on the air with Gavin Dawson and Gregg Henson with 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas, Texas and told them that the Dallas Cowboys are on the verge of firing head coach Wade Phillips and team owner Jerry Jones already has a "handshake agreement" in place with this head coach.

Lee told Gavin and Gregg that the two prominent names that are out there are former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick. Other names that are apparently on the list are Tony Dungy, Steve Mariucci, and Marty Schottenheimer.

- Kevin Lee from prosportsblogging.com
9/23/10 3:17 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 09/23/10 3:18 PM
9/23/10 3:18 PM
SiftMyMind

SiftMyMind - Lee told Gavin and Gregg that the two prominent names that are out there are former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick. Other names that are apparently on the list are Tony Dungy, Steve Mariucci, and Marty Schottenheimer.

If there is any truth to this, the best case for Dallas would be Bill Cowher.
Actually, I'd be okay with every coach on that list except for Brian Billick.

9/23/10 3:39 PM
Doomsday

Marty! Bill! Both former Chiefs coaches. :)
9/23/10 3:56 PM
SiftMyMind

Just did a search on Cowher and inadvertently saw that his wife died a few months ago.

"Kaye Cowher died of skin cancer at age 54 on July 23, 2010."

Very sad.

RIP.
9/24/10 3:08 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 09/24/10 3:09 PM
"The Cowboys have decided to part ways with fullback Deon Anderson, a virtual starter for three seasons who was cut on Friday."

- NFL.com

9/24/10 5:44 PM
HEMAN
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboys will need to attack from the AIR. Then run the ball.

Double cover the BEAST.
9/25/10 1:35 PM
drjim

I'm in the doom and gloom mode with the cowboys this years. They sucked in pre season and they suck now. They will lose against Houston and the only saving grace will be Wade getting fired next week. I only wonder who the puppet master will hire. Probably some other yes man. Hope he fires Jason Garrett as well.
9/26/10 4:08 PM
SiftMyMind

Nice win.
1-2 into the bye week.
9/26/10 5:41 PM
Joulnx

Wow. Roy W really stepped up today..best game as a Cowboy by far..if we can get a consistent contribution from him this offence will be hard to stop.
9/26/10 7:49 PM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealJoker - So do y'all think the Texans or gonna run for 250+ yards or throw for 450+ yards against your team?

No?
9/26/10 8:06 PM
caleb
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that was the Dallas Cowboys we all expected at the beginning of the season. Roy Williams delivered finally, but he still owes us a lot more. He screwed us for 2 years straight.

I see they are getting Bryant in the game more which is what we need to do. He had 2 "almost touchdowns" in that game. One where he was pushed out of bounds and came back and caught the ball, and another that he caught and fell just out of bounds in the endzone. He reminds me of Andre Johnson.. very physical, adjusts to the ball, and has great hands. The guy is a playmaker period, you want him on the field at all times.

We established the running game and did a few screen passes out of the backfield that looked good as well.

I think we can certainly beat TN after the bye week.

9/26/10 8:13 PM
drjim

Well I'll be damned. Romo had a great game and the d got 3 turnovers. I'll pick them to lose from here on out in hopes they get to the playoffs.
9/26/10 8:24 PM
TheRealJoker
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cowboys wanted to avoid 0-3 more than the Texans wanted to go 3-0. Texans just looked like shit against a Cowboys team that came hungry for a win. Hopefully my squad is genuinely ashamed of themselves for that "performance" and don't get embarrassed again this season.
9/26/10 8:33 PM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We already know that Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are going to cause havoc for opposing defenses. But if Roy Williams can keep playing like he did today look out!
9/26/10 8:49 PM
TheRealJoker

caleb - 

I hope you do.
9/27/10 7:58 PM
HEMAN
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kosier out for 4 weeks. HOWEVER, Holland has been solid. If it was Columbo than I would be very concerned.
9/27/10 9:03 PM
caleb

TheRealJoker - 
caleb - 

I hope you do.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I really do think Dallas beats TN. I don't see what TN has to offer other than Chris Johnson. He can certainly burn us, but I don't see us having any problems putting up points against TN either.
9/27/10 9:27 PM
HEMAN

From the way we look...we are a passing team first...use the run later. I wish it was the opposite but it seems that is what we are. I just wish we figure out who is the no. 1 RB. I think they should let FELIX get the ball more and BARBER be the closer. Choice will be a player a year or 2 from now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.