UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

10/11/10 9:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/11/10 9:07 PM
Joulnx - Wade just needs to go, he's a DC not an HC, and Jerry needs to just STFU and let his next head coach have 100% autonomy. The only reason this team is even decent now is because of guys Parcells brought in. The core of this team is filled with Parcells signed and coached players..Romo, Witten, Austin, Ware, Newman, Ratliff, Barber. Jerry thinks he can do it by himself but he can't..since Jimmy left the team has gone into the abyss and only with the Parcells effect are we somewhat talented now. We will be basement dwellers again within 3 years and one of the worst teams in the NFL if JJ doesn't change his ways and hire a strong head coach and/or GM with 100% freedom to make his own decisions.

Exactly.

Jerry needs to hire smart football people at head coach and at GM. Then stay the hell out of their way.

I'd love to get Bill Cowher. Knows how to run a 3-4 defense plus the system he helped build in Pittsburgh seems to produce good teams year after year.
10/12/10 2:30 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 
Joulnx - Wade just needs to go, he's a DC not an HC, and Jerry needs to just STFU and let his next head coach have 100% autonomy. The only reason this team is even decent now is because of guys Parcells brought in. The core of this team is filled with Parcells signed and coached players..Romo, Witten, Austin, Ware, Newman, Ratliff, Barber. Jerry thinks he can do it by himself but he can't..since Jimmy left the team has gone into the abyss and only with the Parcells effect are we somewhat talented now. We will be basement dwellers again within 3 years and one of the worst teams in the NFL if JJ doesn't change his ways and hire a strong head coach and/or GM with 100% freedom to make his own decisions.

Exactly.

Jerry needs to hire smart football people at head coach and at GM. Then stay the hell out of their way.

I'd love to get Bill Cowher. Knows how to run a 3-4 defense plus the system he helped build in Pittsburgh seems to produce good teams year after year.

Jerry's ego won't permit him to fire himself.
Stephen Jones is the next GM anyway.

Jerry is holding the team back these days.
10/12/10 7:30 PM
HEMAN
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed with everything. Jerry is the PROBLEM. He wants the glory. He's the failure. All he has to do is look at the Washington Redskins owner. Snyder steps back...let's Bruce Allen runs the show...let's Mike Shanny coach...results? WINs with LESS TALENT.
10/13/10 9:25 AM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bwahahahah I love this. I hope Wade retires as the Cowboys coach. Fuck Dallas and fuck you bandwagon fans (I bet most of you aren't even from Texas)
10/13/10 1:29 PM
SiftMyMind

Tommy Gunnz - bwahahahah I love this. I hope Wade retires as the Cowboys coach. Fuck Dallas and fuck you bandwagon fans (I bet most of you aren't even from Texas)

Whoa Tommy!
That's not nice, bro.
I don't hate on the Jets (neither in times of their success nor in times of their failure).
Also, there is no stipulation anywhere in the Rules of Being an NFL Fan that states that one has to be from the same city/state as a team in order to be a fan of the team.

I will agree with you that the Head Coaching situation (and the GM situation) in Dallas is pretty laughable though.
10/14/10 8:15 AM
Khun Kao
1034 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/14/10 4:44 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't have to be from Dallas to like the Cowboys. Since they are America's Team and all.
10/14/10 10:17 PM
HEMAN
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Jets will falter. I mean it's the Jets...they haven't won shit since Johnny Unitas.

Redskins are experiencing Jim Zorn envy season 1. You guys remember? When they started off 6 and 2 and went to 8-8???
10/14/10 10:31 PM
HEMAN

Davis is starting at RG again. YIKES. One sack on him and he should immediately be replace by Holland for the season. Davis has been awful lately with his inability to block 1 on 1 in space. When Holland relieved Davis last game...ROMO threw 2 TDs.

Columbo is showing his age.

Simply put the RIGHT SIDE of the Dallas O line needs to be address next year. Not much you can do this year. :( :( :(

Felix is finally getting the touches. The RB committee nonsense needs to go. Felix ran for 100 yards. Barber should be the closer/short yardage man. Felix is also the homerun RB.

10/14/10 11:12 PM
HEMAN

For Cowboys fans...analysis of the OLINE:

http://footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2010/word-muth-base-weak
10/17/10 9:10 PM
PoundforPound

At least Roy Williams continues to play well...that's about the only positive thing I can say about this team.
10/18/10 10:21 PM
Joulnx

They need to fire Wade if they lose to the Giants on Monday night at home. This would officially put a fork in us 1-5 (0-2 in the division) get an early start on next year's coaching search and clean house at the end of the year. I have a strong feeling Jerry will pull the trigger if this were to happen, he's tired of being embarassed.
10/19/10 10:14 AM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^I agree 100%. However, JJ won't fire him until the end of the year. I can tell he is very tired of being embarassed though. He usually finds something upbeat to point out.. but he didn't say anything upbeat last time the reporters talked to him. He did say he would fire Wade in the middle of the season.. he has never fired a coach midway in a season.

10/20/10 10:13 AM
SiftMyMind

Rest of the schedule is no joke either:

Mon, Oct. 25 N.Y. GIANTS (ESPN) 7:30 PM
Sun, Oct. 31 JACKSONVILLE (CBS) Noon
Sun, Nov. 7 @ Green Bay (NBC) 7:20 PM
Sun, Nov. 14 @ N.Y. Giants (FOX) 3:15 PM
Sun, Nov. 21 DETROIT (FOX) Noon*
Thu., Nov. 25 NEW ORLEANS (FOX) 3:15 PM
Sun, Dec. 5 @ Indianapolis (Fox) 3:15 PM*
Sun, Dec. 12 PHILADELPHIA (NBC) 7:20 PM*
Sun, Dec. 19 WASHINGTON (FOX) Noon*
Sat, Dec. 25 @ Arizona (NFL NETWORK) 7:30 PM
Sun, Jan. 2 @ Philadelphia (FOX) Noon*
10/20/10 11:22 AM
SiftMyMind

caleb - ^^^^^I agree 100%. However, JJ won't fire him until the end of the year. I can tell he is very tired of being embarassed though.

The fans are tired of the embarassment too.
Hopefully, JJ will run to hire a decent HC like he did in the hiring of Parcells when the team was in trouble.
10/20/10 2:16 PM
Khun Kao
1034 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HEMAN - For Cowboys fans...analysis of the OLINE:

http://footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2010/word-muth-base-weak

Football Outsiders is an amazing website!
10/25/10 3:00 PM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/25/10 3:00 PM
  Lookin forward to tonight.  I think it will be a good game even though the Giants lose =(

10/26/10 12:05 AM
Joulnx

SEASON OVER
10/26/10 3:58 AM
PoundforPound

The Boys are done. What should we do with the high draft pick we are going to get, guys?
10/26/10 4:01 AM
SiftMyMind

Turn out the lights, the party's over.
10/26/10 4:02 AM
SiftMyMind

PoundforPound - The Boys are done. What should we do with the high draft pick we are going to get, guys?

O-Line
10/26/10 11:11 AM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/26/10 11:14 AM
 What was up with Igor Olshansky doing that punt celebration after making a tackle?  I think he did it twice.  The first time it was only second down.

10/26/10 10:55 PM
HEMAN

PoundforPound - The Boys are done. What should we do with the high draft pick we are going to get, guys?

We have some flexibility here. There are some OLINEman in FA and possibility trade players or picks for. Players I would consider trading for an OLINE starter or PICKs are Witten( Bennett/Phillips are waiting in the wing )...Roy Williams( Dez Bryant )...Barber( Choice/Jones ).

Current Olinemen:
Marc Colombo will be cut.
Leonard Davis will be cut.
Andre Gurode retain.
Kyle Kosier will be cut.
Doug Free retain.
Phil Costa will be a starter the next 4 games. TIME TO EVALUATE him. See if he can be a starter at G.
Alex Barron will be cut OR retain at a cheaper cost.
Sam Young needs to be evaluated at RT.
Jermey Parnell ?
Montrae Holland will be retain.

I would sign FA: Logan Mankins( RG/LG ) and Jared Gaithers( RT ). I'll update the potential draft scenario...keep an eye on Phil Costa at GUARD. If he can win a spot...we may not need to draft a guard with a 1st.
10/27/10 12:58 AM
PoundforPound

Goddamn, that is almost our entire line that you are going to cut. Not that they don't deserve it but still...that's a lot of new faces for next year.
10/27/10 8:31 AM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need to draft a shut down corner... or 2. Newman is getting old, Jenkins went from great to downright terrible. We have to make some changes with our corners and safeties. Besides Newman.. these guys don't want to tackle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.