UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

10/27/10 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
east
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

east -  What was up with Igor Olshansky doing that punt celebration after making a tackle?  I think he did it twice.  The first time it was only second down.

Just in case you missed it...
10/27/10 4:41 PM
caleb
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL... TOO FUNNY
10/28/10 5:11 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, what a douche. You are down by 18 with 3:55 left on the clock and you are dancing because you made a tackle? Where was he when the Giants were racking up 200 rushing yards?
10/28/10 12:37 PM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - LOL, what a douche. You are down by 18 with 3:55 left on the clock and you are dancing because you made a tackle? Where was he when the Giants were racking up 200 rushing yards?

That's how the Cowboys have been though.
Players aren't focusing on the bigger picture.

There are a lot of decent pieces (players) but they are NEVER on the same page working together as one unit.
When the players show no signs of cohesion, correlation and coordination, the BLAME can lie in only one place; coaching and Mgt.

11/1/10 11:36 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/01/10 11:35 AM
I want Jon Gruden as HC next year.
11/1/10 4:01 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't.

Chucky is overrated in my book....he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's team and then it seemed like the Bucs got progressively worse under him each year.
11/1/10 5:33 PM
caleb
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - I don't.

Chucky is overrated in my book....he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's team and then it seemed like the Bucs got progressively worse under him each year.

I don't want him either. I want Bill Cowher.
11/2/10 1:05 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/02/10 1:07 PM
11/2/10 1:06 PM
SiftMyMind

PoundforPound - I don't.

Don't forget that Gruden had the Raiders playing very well before he got traded to Tampa Bay.
So well, in fact, that it was (effectively) Gruden's Raiders team that Tampa Bay faced in that Super Bowl.

Gruden also has a history of success working under difficult conditions as far as problematic Owners/GMs are concerned.
(Can anyone say 'Al Davis'?)
11/2/10 1:07 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/02/10 1:18 PM
caleb -
PoundforPound - I don't.

I don't want him either. I want Bill Cowher.

I like Bill Cowher also.

However, I believe that Bill Cowher will want be with a team where he has control over more than just HC factors.
He would want to control personnel decisions, drafting choices, etc.
I can't see Cowher agreeing to be a lackey like Wade is.

So, unless Jerry is planning a major pullback as far as his own involvement with the team, it is unlikely that the conditions in Dallas will be to Cowher's liking.
11/3/10 6:31 PM
HEMAN
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gruden is a good fit. This season although a disaster can be look upon as a positive. Jerry Jones will have to step back on his GM duties especially after the 2009 draft which is the worst the Boys have experienced. Additionally, we will finally get rid of Wade who should have been fired last year or 2 years ago after the Philly game. We will have an easier schedule next year finishing last and draft pick. There are a few FA I want us to pursue...Logan Mankins and Jared Gaithers. We will prob. cut Marion Barber to make way for Choice/Jones. We could also CONSIDER trading Jason Witten( age 30 ) to a team like NE for a draft pick which will allow Bennett and Phillips( age 24 ) to get playing time. We have alot of needs...unfortunately...we will have to spend quite a bit in FA since the 2009 draft was such a disaster.
11/4/10 4:01 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ re the easier schedule. 14 games are predetermined and have nothing to do with the standings. Only two games are decided on your final place in the standings. With the way alot of teams bounce up and down each year, you have no idea how tough/easy the cowgirls schedule will be.
11/8/10 3:44 PM
SiftMyMind

Wade Phillips has been fired and Jason Garrett named as interim head coach.

I'm sure all the Cowboy's problems will now be solved.
11/8/10 3:45 PM
SiftMyMind

SiftMyMind - Wade Phillips has been fired and Jason Garrett named as interim head coach.

I'm sure all the Cowboy's problems will now be solved.

I'm being sarcastic (just an fyi)
11/8/10 5:51 PM
caleb

Yeah, I would like to see them cut Marion Barber, Roy Williams, Mike Jenkins, and Marcus Spears for starters.

This team needs to start all over. We need new defensive players, new offensive players, and a real head coach.. not Jason Garrett who decides to do a hail marry from 80 yards out with 4 seconds on the play clock (Washington game).

11/9/10 7:42 PM
HEMAN
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - Yeah, I would like to see them cut Marion Barber, Roy Williams, Mike Jenkins, and Marcus Spears for starters.

This team needs to start all over. We need new defensive players, new offensive players, and a real head coach.. not Jason Garrett who decides to do a hail marry from 80 yards out with 4 seconds on the play clock (Washington game).

I understand the anger against those players. However..the only one I would cut is Barber. Roy Williams is serviceable for depth...plus he got a fat contract. I would give him another year before cutting him. Mike Jenkins is too talented to let go. However...he needs a coach that is going to force him to run laps for making business decisions = not tackling/hitting. Marcus Spears is unfortunately...the only reliable DE that does his job which is to take on blockers in a 3-4. The LBs are suppose to make the plays...Spencer is not getting off to a good year at all.
11/20/10 6:43 PM
SiftMyMind

Great win against the Giants!

It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys play this week.
11/21/10 5:04 AM
SiftMyMind

HEMAN - 
caleb - Yeah, I would like to see them cut Marion Barber, Roy Williams, Mike Jenkins, and Marcus Spears for starters.

I understand the anger against those players. However..the only one I would cut is Barber. Roy Williams is serviceable for depth...plus he got a fat contract. I would give him another year before cutting him. Mike Jenkins is too talented to let go. However...he needs a coach that is going to force him to run laps for making business decisions = not tackling/hitting. Marcus Spears is unfortunately...the only reliable DE that does his job which is to take on blockers in a 3-4. The LBs are suppose to make the plays...Spencer is not getting off to a good year at all.

Barber can play well if used correctly.
11/21/10 9:36 AM
HEMAN

There's no use for Barber anymore. We have CHOICE/JONEs combo. No need to have 3 RBs. Keep the younger guy.
11/26/10 10:18 AM
SiftMyMind

HEMAN - There's no use for Barber anymore. We have CHOICE/JONEs combo. No need to have 3 RBs. Keep the younger guy.

It is possible that Barber won't be back next year.
I think it all depends on how he performs for the rest of this season.
(He and most of the other players on the team are now playing to keep their jobs next year as the season already pretty much over for the Cowboys.)

I remember a Marion Barber that was a BEAST a few years back.
He hasn't shown that type of form recently though.
If he can regain his previous success as a power rusher, then he’ll be back.

I disagree with you that there isn’t a place for three RBs on the team.
Injuries are common for that position.
Remember when Choice was asked to take a lot more carries a year or two ago because both Barber and Jones were banged up?

Finally, Choice hasn’t shown himself to be a suitable replacement for Barber IMO.
(One can argue back and forth as to whether he has had the opportunity to do so)

11/26/10 10:36 AM
SiftMyMind

Can't see Roy Williams returning next year after his fumble late in the game.

Here's a quote from Roy Williams via the Associated Press:

"I lost the ballgame," Williams said. "I let my teammates down. I need to fall down. We run the clock down and win the game. I was trying to make a play, and they did a good job. It's late in the game. That's the nail in the coffin. We had the momentum going our way. We were there. That was a W. I get tackled, we get in the end zone, and we win. I fall down, and we win."

11/26/10 10:37 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/26/10 10:42 AM
11/26/10 10:42 AM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 11/26/10 10:52 AM
I am impressed and surprised with how the Cowboys have responded to Jason Garrett.
Even with a loss to NO last night, the Cowboys' resilience and overall level of play was impressive.
(Remember that NO is the reigning World Champ and was a 7-3 team coming into yesterday's game)

Dallas could have quit on Garret when the Saints had a 17 point lead and they were not playing well.
But they didn't.
They fought back in the 2nd half and played like a different team.
Although Dallas lost the game, the Cowboys showed a lot of positives yesterday.

Who would have thought that Garrett would have had this type of success so soon after being named interim head coach?
11/26/10 5:12 PM
deus ex machina

It happens all the time after a coaching change. I would still be surprised if Garrett got the job next year.
11/26/10 9:57 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm happy we lost yesterday. I was seeing our high draft pick slip away until Roy Williams got stripped of the ball.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.