UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

9/10/11 7:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith and Jenkins are both questionable. I think Jenkins plays for sure and I also think Smith is going to play as well. I follow this team pretty close and I live here in Dallas.
9/11/11 1:30 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/11/11 1:47 AM
9/11/11 1:49 AM
SiftMyMind

Jenkins might play.
Not as sure about smith.
9/11/11 11:58 PM
SiftMyMind

caleb - Smith and Jenkins are both questionable. I think Jenkins plays for sure and I also think Smith is going to play as well. I follow this team pretty close and I live here in Dallas.

k...you were right
I'll never doubt you again.

What bullshit the Cowboys managed to pull in tonight’s game.
After last season's debacle, I am sure I am not the only fan whose patience is very thin.
Fuck it.

Good game by the Jets.

9/12/11 1:16 AM
Doomsday

Why throw it at Revis? Why?
9/12/11 2:05 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doomsday - Why throw it at Revis? Why?

Further to that, why throw it at Revis when he has help over the top so he can make any play he wants.
9/12/11 3:34 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Rob Ryan called a tremendous game on defense, especially given how the secondary is severely depleted due to injuries.

Tony Romo's turnovers (the fumble and the interception) came at the worst possible time. And the punt getting blocked for a touchdown was a killer. The team isn't going to win if they don't eliminate the tendency to make these bonehead errors.
9/12/11 5:58 AM
skeme99

Revis was constantly grabbing & holding. I guess it's easy to be the "best" corner in the league when the refs never call a penalty on you. In fact, how many penalties were called on the Jets....0!
9/12/11 6:34 AM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - 
Doomsday - Why throw it at Revis? Why?

Further to that, why throw it at Revis when he has help over the top so he can make any play he wants.

Why even throw it Bryant's way when he is cramping up and dehydrated? He was CLEARLY not himself. They should have taken him out of the game at that point..MUCH LESS throw the ball to him with time running down. Ogletree was actually playing well and so was Austin... just put in another fresh receiver. BONEHEAD.

Jason Witten should have ran that ball in instead of getting knocked out at the 3 or 4.
9/12/11 7:25 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ yeah that turned out to be a massive play by Leonard. The fumble is all they are talking about but there is no fumble if Witten goes over. Phone Post
9/12/11 8:47 AM
caleb

Waylay - ^ yeah that turned out to be a massive play by Leonard. The fumble is all they are talking about but there is no fumble if Witten goes over. Phone Post

Exactly... you have to finish plays. Witten should have started running inwards at around the 10 yard line and stiff armed that guy or jumped to cross the goal line. We seriously gave that game away. Poor coaching job to leave Bryant in the game knowing he is only at 50% too. If you are going to do that, just make him a decoy and throw to the receivers who have one on one.

Dumb dumb dumb! The good news is we have a good team this year that is completely different from last year.
9/12/11 9:14 AM
FreakZilla
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant believe they topped last years embarrassing opener.
9/12/11 9:48 AM
Enamoratu

PoundforPound - I thought Rob Ryan called a tremendous game on defense, especially given how the secondary is severely depleted due to injuries.

Tony Romo's turnovers (the fumble and the interception) came at the worst possible time. And the punt getting blocked for a touchdown was a killer. The team isn't going to win if they don't eliminate the tendency to make these bonehead errors.
THIS!

Every year I get this glimmer of hope in the offseason when they dump guys like Flozell Adams and Roy Williams, yet they always find some other bonehead to step up and replace them.

9/12/11 1:35 PM
caleb

We were kicking ass last night for most of the game. We do all have something to be excited about. This team doesn't have any quit in it. Everyone is playing with heart out there. Completely different from last year. I think we are going to trounce the 49'ers and then come home and beat Washington and Detroit before the bye.

We will iron out the mistakes. This is a team that will win games in the trenches and that will take us a long ways.

Newman should be back next week... so we will have our starting corners going against San Fran. I feel sorry for Alex Smith.
9/12/11 1:36 PM
Tommy Gunnz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jets played fucking HORRIBLE and still came out with the win......i'll take it
9/12/11 3:23 PM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so cowboys fans, this is tony romo's year right? the year he finally puts it all together?

LOL
9/12/11 8:25 PM
caleb

The Jets won but the Cowboys were the better team. Just made some mistakes at crucial times. I feel like the Cowboys have more to be excited about than the Jets fans do this year.
9/13/11 1:42 AM
SiftMyMind

caleb - The Jets won but the Cowboys were the better team. Just made some mistakes at crucial times. I feel like the Cowboys have more to be excited about than the Jets fans do this year.

Not being able to win games while being the better team has been the Cowboy's problem for a long time.
As a result, I take no solace in the Cowboys 'being the better team'.
Tired of the bullshit 'looking on the bright side' mindset.
I'm interested in one thing and one thing only and that’s winning games (both the ones we are supposed to win and the ones we aren't).

9/13/11 7:53 AM
caleb

SiftMyMind - 
caleb - The Jets won but the Cowboys were the better team. Just made some mistakes at crucial times. I feel like the Cowboys have more to be excited about than the Jets fans do this year.

Not being able to win games while being the better team has been the Cowboy's problem for a long time.
As a result, I take no solace in the Cowboys 'being the better team'.
Tired of the bullshit 'looking on the bright side' mindset.
I'm interested in one thing and one thing only and that's winning games (both the ones we are supposed to win and the ones we aren't).

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from Sifty but at the end of the day, most people didn't even think the game would be close, they thought the Jets were going to blow them away. The truth is Dallas was the better team but had some bad coaching and playing at the very end. I'm pissed off about it too but at the same time excited about this team this year.
9/13/11 9:21 AM
Tommy Gunnz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who the fuck said the Jets were supposed to 'blow away' the Cowgirls??? Most experts had this as a pickem type of game with the Jets getting the nod for home field.

The Cowgirls were absolutely the better team on Sunday but they arent the BETTER team. The Jets literally cant and probably wont play worse than that all season AND STILL WON THE GAME!!!! Jets beat them 7/10 games IMHO Phone Post
9/13/11 1:24 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - who the fuck said the Jets were supposed to 'blow away' the Cowgirls??? Most experts had this as a pickem type of game with the Jets getting the nod for home field.

The Cowgirls were absolutely the better team on Sunday but they arent the BETTER team. The Jets literally cant and probably wont play worse than that all season AND STILL WON THE GAME!!!! Jets beat them 7/10 games IMHO Phone Post

What analyst were saying it was a "pick em"? The Jets were favored by 6.5 points man.. don't make up stuff. Dallas gave that game away... I hate to tell you this, but the Jet's aren't going anywhere this year. I personally feel the Cowboys are the better team.. they just made some critical mistakes at the end.

It's not that the Jets played so bad.. it's that the Cowboys are better than you think they are and THEY made the Jets look bad.
9/13/11 1:56 PM
Tommy Gunnz

I have never said the Cowboys are a bad team, quite the opposite. I expect them to make the playoffs and be one of the best teams in the NFC (even before the season started)

Their offense should be UNSTOPPABLE with romo, felix, witten, dez and austin and their D was obviously gonna improve with Rob Ryan (and its not like they weren't not talented on defense anyway)

Dallas is gonna be a "surprise team" to most people this year, but not me, It wouldn't shock me at all if they made the superbowl.

but you talking about the jets play means nothing, how many jets games do you watch a year? they did play THAT fucking bad on sunday (and still won) They might not make it back to the AFC championship or superbowl this year but how many teams make the AFC championship 3 years in a row???? That is almost an impossible task. They are still super super young their window is far from closing and will be an elite team for at least the next few years
9/13/11 4:38 PM
HEMAN
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was surprise that we were able to COMPETE with the Jets. Tony fucked up. Lesson learned. Get that Brett Farve gunslinging shit out now! Dallas OLINE are made up of youngans. Romo was sacked 4x. Played well overall though. We have no secondary except Jenkins. Scandrick is out 3 to 4 weeks. Newman? Needs replacing next year. Great game. Congrats to the Jets.

Next on the plate for the Boys is the 49ers. Let's kick some ass. Skins/Eagles look good thus far too. Vick was unimpressive with his passes though. Giants looks like the lesser team this year. Too early to tell.
9/13/11 4:56 PM
caleb

I can agree with most of what you said Tommy. I do think the Jets are a solid team.. especially on defense. They are going to need to find a real running back because Shonne Greene isn't going to cut it and although Tomlinson played well and is a leader.. he is aging fast.
9/13/11 6:03 PM
Waylay

HEMAN - I was surprise that we were able to COMPETE with the Jets. Tony fucked up. Lesson learned. Get that Brett Farve gunslinging shit out now! Dallas OLINE are made up of youngans. Romo was sacked 4x. Played well overall though. We have no secondary except Jenkins. Scandrick is out 3 to 4 weeks. Newman? Needs replacing next year. Great game. Congrats to the Jets.

Next on the plate for the Boys is the 49ers. Let's kick some ass. Skins/Eagles look good thus far too. Vick was unimpressive with his passes though. Giants looks like the lesser team this year. Too early to tell.

This will haunt the Cowboys this year. Their secondary was their weak link last year, one of the worst secondaries in the league. They did nothing in the off season to fix it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.