UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Dallas Cowboys

9/14/11 1:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see what this defense can do with Newman in there (even if he does get injured just by getting breathed in.)

The havoc they created against the Jets was a joy to behold.
9/15/11 8:59 AM
HEMAN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay - 
HEMAN - I was surprise that we were able to COMPETE with the Jets. Tony fucked up. Lesson learned. Get that Brett Farve gunslinging shit out now! Dallas OLINE are made up of youngans. Romo was sacked 4x. Played well overall though. <b>We have no secondary except Jenkins. Scandrick is out 3 to 4 weeks. Newman? Needs replacing next year</b>. Great game. Congrats to the Jets.

Next on the plate for the Boys is the 49ers. Let's kick some ass. Skins/Eagles look good thus far too. Vick was unimpressive with his passes though. Giants looks like the lesser team this year. Too early to tell.

I think the JG blueprint is to build a team to make a run in the next 3 years. I see next year TNewman getting cut. We draft a CB OR FA a CB OR see if Scandrick can start. I can see this year being a rebuilding year for us. ROMO is an above average QB. If he loses the gunslinging mentality he would be an elite QB. HOWEVER, he needs a running game on offense to help him. I'm not sure if Felix can step up. TC seems to be in the doghouse with his inability to block pass rushers and play special teams. Hopefully that Murry dood will be the future. Defensively? I'm hoping Ryan's D can solve some of the secondary issue. Otherwise...we are in for along year of big plays :(

This will haunt the Cowboys this year. Their secondary was their weak link last year, one of the worst secondaries in the league. They did nothing in the off season to fix it.

9/19/11 12:24 AM
SiftMyMind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GREAT WIN!!!!

(A lot of injuries though)

9/19/11 12:29 AM
SiftMyMind

D Ware is a total beast!!!!
9/19/11 5:19 AM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many sacks does Ware have now, in just 2 games? Seems like a lot.

I have to admit that I was groaning when they took Kitna out for a banged up Romo. But he came through.
9/19/11 6:37 AM
caleb
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - How many sacks does Ware have now, in just 2 games? Seems like a lot.

I have to admit that I was groaning when they took Kitna out for a banged up Romo. But he came through.

He has 4 sacks. Beast
9/20/11 8:01 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From www.coldhardfootballfacts.com;

DeMarcus Ware is one of the most underappreciated great players in recent memory. Despite playing for a big-ticket franchise – and dominating, in every facet – he’s not talked about like guys like Troy Polamalu, Clay Matthews, etc. He’s never missed a game, and his career rate of .857 sacks a game through six years and two games is better than Lawrence Taylor, Bruce Smith, Michael Strahan and Derrick Thomas. Dating back to 2010, he has 10 sacks in his last five games.

That is some mighty fine company he is  keeping.
10/3/11 1:55 PM
SiftMyMind

Any one else as tired as I am of the type of BULLSHIT as was seen in Sunday's loss to the Lions?

Just asking.
10/3/11 2:59 PM
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb)
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SiftMyMind - Any one else as tired as I am of the type of BULLSHIT as was seen in Sunday's loss to the Lions?

Just asking.

I couldn't even comprehend what fully happened when I watched the game. The failure of that team was EPIC. I have backed Romo for a long time.. but I'm done. He owes me 3 straight wins with zero bullship before I will support him again. I would almost rather Kita or Mcgee as this point.
10/3/11 5:30 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Romo deserves a caning for two of those intercepts. (The Chris Houston one, Robinson needs to learn how to run a quick slant route properly). But don't you Cowboy fans let Garrett of the hook. That was some terrible play calling in the second half. You are up 27-3, you have a strong defense that is playing well, and you are calling more passes than runs?  At one stage in the second half it was 13 pass to 11 run plays.  Even if the running game can't sustain long drives, they would have taken enough time off the clock, and had no turnovers, to ice that game.  Did Garrett study under Andy Reid at some time in his past?

10/3/11 5:42 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here Here Caleb.
10/3/11 6:38 PM
SiftMyMind

Edited: 10/03/11 6:38 PM
10/3/11 6:38 PM
SiftMyMind

Waylay -  Romo deserves a caning for two of those intercepts. (The Chris Houston one, Robinson needs to learn how to run a quick slant route properly). But don't you Cowboy fans let Garrett of the hook. That was some terrible play calling in the second half. You are up 27-3, you have a strong defense that is playing well, and you are calling more passes than runs?  At one stage in the second half it was 13 pass to 11 run plays.  Even if the running game can't sustain long drives, they would have taken enough time off the clock, and had no turnovers, to ice that game.  Did Garrett study under Andy Reid at some time in his past?

Good post

10/3/11 7:09 PM
SiftMyMind

SiftMyMind - 
caleb - The Jets won but the Cowboys were the better team. Just made some mistakes at crucial times. I feel like the Cowboys have more to be excited about than the Jets fans do this year.

Not being able to win games while being the better team has been the Cowboy's problem for a long time.
As a result, I take no solace in the Cowboys 'being the better team'.
Tired of the bullshit 'looking on the bright side' mindset.
I'm interested in one thing and one thing only and that’s winning games (both the ones we are supposed to win and the ones we aren't).

This!

10/4/11 1:32 PM

Waylay -  Romo deserves a caning for two of those intercepts. (The Chris Houston one, Robinson needs to learn how to run a quick slant route properly). But don't you Cowboy fans let Garrett of the hook. That was some terrible play calling in the second half. You are up 27-3, you have a strong defense that is playing well, and you are calling more passes than runs?  At one stage in the second half it was 13 pass to 11 run plays.  Even if the running game can't sustain long drives, they would have taken enough time off the clock, and had no turnovers, to ice that game.  Did Garrett study under Andy Reid at some time in his past?

You are exactly right. They should have focused a lot more on the run to run the clock down and tried to pick up short first downs etc. The defense was playing lights out and we have an outstanding punter. If the Lions started coming back fast on us.. then that would be another story. Instead NOMO throws 3 crucial interceptions and KILLS us. EPIC FAILURE!
10/5/11 4:22 PM
HEMAN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

You are exactly right. They should have focused a lot more on the run to run the clock down and tried to pick up short first downs etc. The defense was playing lights out and we have an outstanding punter. If the Lions started coming back fast on us.. then that would be another story. Instead NOMO throws 3 crucial interceptions and KILLS us. EPIC FAILURE!

This is CORRECT. ROMO is ROMO = Brett Farve 2.0. The way to stop ROMO is to run the ball and keep a tight leash on him. HOWEVER, we all know Garrett loves throwing the ball. If not...I propose if we get a substantial lead to put Kitna in there to manage a WIN.
10/5/11 8:50 PM

HEMAN - 
Jetstook a GiantD on my Chest (Caleb) - 

This is CORRECT. ROMO is ROMO = Brett Farve 2.0. The way to stop ROMO is to run the ball and keep a tight leash on him. HOWEVER, we all know Garrett loves throwing the ball. If not...I propose if we get a substantial lead to put Kitna in there to manage a WIN.

I like your thinking.. we get a lead and then stick Kitna in there and rarely let him throw the ball.. just hand offs, and controlling the clock plays.
10/9/11 6:44 PM
PoundforPound

For someone who was on those great Cowboys teams of the 90s with Emmitt Smith, Jason Garrett doesn't seem to respect the running game enough.
10/9/11 7:22 PM
Waylay

Great weekend for the Cowboys. Giants and Eagles go down.
10/10/11 7:56 AM
HEMAN

NE will be a CHALLENGE. They showed a running game yesterday...Welker needs to be contain.
10/10/11 9:01 AM

I hate to say this but we don't have anyone who can cover Welker. Welker gave Revis all he could handle yesterday and Revis is the best in the business. Welker is going to be a pain in our side.

With that said, I think we will put a lot of pressure on Brady and we will be able to score at will on NE too.
10/12/11 8:07 AM
HEMAN

They should have a safety to constantly shadow Wes. And when he gets the ball to HIT HIM over and over again. I want Wes to be limping by halftime. Scandrick won't be able to stick him...although I would consider having Newman play the slot and Scandrick play the exterior.
10/17/11 5:34 AM
SiftMyMind

Dallas could easily be 5-0 right now.

Dallas could easily be 0-5 right now.
10/17/11 2:31 PM
BJJkilla
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wonder how long it takes jerry jones to fire someone this season.
10/17/11 6:41 PM
PoundforPound

The Cowboys need to get better at finishing off drives with touchdowns, not field goals.

You have to put a team like New England away when you have the chance. Let them hang around and they will eventually make you pay.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.