UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Yoshiyuki Yoshida v Mike "Joker" Guymon at UFC 114

2/3/10 7:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

A welterweight match-up has been added to the preliminary card for UFC 114 in Las Vegas as Japanese Judoka, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, will square off against Mike "Joker" Guymon.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday by sources close to the contest who advised the fight has been agreed to by the participants, with bout agreements to follow shortly.

Both Yoshida and Guymon are definitely going to be gunning for a big win to ensure their future with the UFC in this fight.

read entire article...

2/3/10 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always exciting to watch Yoshida fight
2/3/10 7:07 PM
Mike Sanders
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/10 7:10 PM
Good fight, I don't think the matchup favors either fighter too much stylistically. I guess I'll take Yoshida by submission off the top of my head.
2/3/10 7:10 PM
goku

meh
2/3/10 7:17 PM
soldierdad5417

Come on Joker.....WAR!!!!!
2/3/10 8:00 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mcpeepants232003 - cool this is a fight Yoshida can win. Honestly I was hoping he'd drop to lw after losing to Rumble but this is a good match up for him.

He's not a small WW, guy is near 6 feet tall. He's obviously just not in the league of the Blathetic.

I thought he had a chance against Johnson. As Kos showed, he can be taken down and submitted. But Yoshida has shown a terrible inability to avoid the strikes. His attempts to clinch against AJ were very disappointing.

As a B WW though, he's a good match for most.
2/3/10 9:28 PM
Rand McPherson
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad to see guymon get another shot. tough call when a guy loses their first fight quickly.

i think he takes this one if he avoids the early rush.
2/3/10 9:41 PM
BJJkilla
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yoshida by guillotine choke round 1
2/3/10 9:45 PM
Twostep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Yoshida fan here, I think he wins in round 1 by sub.
2/3/10 9:54 PM
CRBMoney14

Wasa-B - 
mcpeepants232003 - cool this is a fight Yoshida can win. Honestly I was hoping he'd drop to lw after losing to Rumble but this is a good match up for him.

He's not a small WW, guy is near 6 feet tall. He's obviously just not in the league of the Blathetic.

I thought he had a chance against Johnson. As Kos showed, he can be taken down and submitted. But Yoshida has shown a terrible inability to avoid the strikes. His attempts to clinch against AJ were very disappointing.

He is a small WW compared to most in the divison. Looked quite a bit smaller then Kos and waaaay smaller then johnson
2/3/10 11:41 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did not look small compared to Kos.

Did look small against AJ.

He's a normal sized WW.
2/3/10 11:58 PM
CRBMoney14

NarlyPersianDude - 
CRBMoney14 - 
Wasa-B - 

He is a small WW compared to most in the divison. Looked quite a bit smaller then Kos and waaaay smaller then johnson

What a croc of shit. He looked just as big as Kos, just got knocked out. Yoshida is heavily muscled and about 6 feet, probably walks around 180 or more, small ww you say, you need to get your fucking eyes checked. And if you think that guy could actually cut to 155 I would hate for you to be a a guesser at one of those things peopel guess weight at during fair's. Dude has no fat on him what the fuck would he cut. Man some people make me laugh.

He would cut water you clown. I just rewatched Kos/Yoshida and Koscheck definately had a size advantage. Koscheck has also said he could make 155.

Maybe you should calm down and go make another list thread and 75% of the posts
2/4/10 12:21 AM
CRBMoney14

NarlyPersianDude - Go to a eye lab, have them check you out. Come back and tell us what they said.

Regardless of what your clown ass thinks. Theres no debating hes not near the size of Alves, Fitch, GSP etc...

Hes a smaller WW
2/4/10 12:36 AM
LayzieTheSavage
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/10 12:36 AM
 LET'S GO MIKE!!! 

DO IT FOR BISHOP!!!
2/4/10 12:50 AM
SQad127

if Yoshida loses this fight he's done in the UFC
2/4/10 12:53 AM
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR YOSHIDA!!!!!!!!!!!
2/4/10 12:58 AM
Chris
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQad127 -  if Yoshida loses this fight he's done in the UFC
unfortunately in these times it's probably a loser leaves town match

2/4/10 12:59 AM
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 
SQad127 -  if Yoshida loses this fight he's done in the UFC
unfortunately in these times it's probably a loser leaves town match

yeah, that's too bad cause I like Joker too..

BUT IT'S FUCKING YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIDAAA!!!
2/4/10 1:12 AM
jjj2121

Yup prob loser leaves town.

And I agree...he's not a small WW...just looked tiny against an AJ who missed weight by 6 lbs and then rehydrated to probably 190-195 by fight night.
2/4/10 1:25 AM
CRBMoney14

What is that post even supposed to tell me?

You list 2 guys bigger then him, and 1 around the same size. The 1 around the same size has said he can cut to 155.

"Your stupid."

Oh the irony
2/4/10 1:32 AM
Wasa-B

lets argue and insult each other somewhere about someone's perceived physical size or weight

its a war, people
2/4/10 3:06 AM
DamonMMAWeekly
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a heads up the fight is actually going to be at UFC 113 in Montreal...I corrected the story I wrote originally, but wanted to give everyone a heads up here as well!
2/4/10 10:27 AM
Count Duckula

War Joker
2/4/10 11:44 AM
cortXbomb

Yoshida looks small 'cause he has a weird posture and kinda wiry long build.

This should be a good fight. I would hope it's entertaining enough that neither guy would get cut after a loss. It would only be their 2nd loss in a row and neither guy has an air of "why is this guy fighting here".
2/4/10 12:28 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Orion !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.