2/5/10 12:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gonzo45
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else going?
2/6/10 4:27 PM
ebullock
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for some results
2/6/10 5:46 PM
yoyo6314

I can't remember all the fights but as far as pro goight 5: 140 lbs: Pro MMA
Nate Ford vs Scott Farhat if i remember correctly farhat won

John Cofer vs Joe Elmore--elmore won with a nasty head kick after getting hit in the balls

Andy Roberts vs Eric Kriegermeier--i think kriegermeir won but cant remember exactly

Brian Keller vs Will Kuhn--kuhn by ko at 31 seconds of round 1

Tim Gawenda vs Dustin Chovanic---Gawenda in a hard fought decision

Aaron Hall vs Junie “The Lunatik” Browning
RUSH MMA Tapout Gym

This was the fight everyone was there to see. Junie came in .8 pounds off and almost didnt fight. Promoter got it worked out though. Hall was extremely quick and junie was looking very unmotivated. He kept looking over to his corner during the fight mouthing something. At the end of round one junie's corner through in the towel i guess because of some freak accident. Don't really know why he quit but not to take anything away from Hall because he definetley won round 1 and was looking sharp. That was my first show at wild bills and it was pretty good. Met the assuncao bro's there and they both were really cool.
2/6/10 6:59 PM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd/Brawlmall, MMA sponsor
Wild Bills always puts on good shows

Sad to see Cofer lost. Any more details on that fight?
2/6/10 7:06 PM
yoyo6314

it was pretty even in my eyes if i remember correctly (alcohol+long day at work=bad memory). I actually liked cofer in the fight. elmore was accidentally hit in the nuts and looked like he was in severe pain. He took his time and regained himself and right after they started back up he hit cofer with a head kick from hell. Cofer was out for awhile. He eventually was helped up and looked to be ok.
2/6/10 7:16 PM
yoyo6314

also not trying to talk shit about anybody but i was amazed at how there were so many self proclaimed "huge mma fans" there and then proceeded to walk right past raphael assuncao like he was nothing. I definitely would have liked to see more people showing respect instead of walking around with their chests poked out like they were hard. If you claim to be an expert or huge mma fan and then walk past a guy the caliber of raphael or junior you need to check your head
2/6/10 10:12 PM
Gonzo45

There was a total of ten fights on the card, 4 amateur and 6 pro. All of them were good. Pro results: Nate Ford vs. Scott Farhat: Farhat rocked Ford early in the first round but Ford was able to gain the clinch and get the takedown. Ford threw up a solid looking triangle and it didn't look like Farhat was going to be able to escape but he wiggled out and eventually got to mount. He threw a bunch of punches that Ford really wasn't answering and the ref stopped it. John Cofer vs. Joe Elmore: During the first round, the fight was fairly even with both fighters exchanging good looking combinations. Cofer shot in for a takedown, ate a knee on the way in, but secured the TD. After a couple of positional scrambles, they eventually worked back to their feet before the round came to a close. In the second, Elmore caught an accidental knee to the balls but was able to recover. Cofer then decided to shoot in for a takedown and got caught with a knee or a kick (hard to see from my angle) and got knocked out. Rd 2 Andy Roberts vs. Eric Kriegermeier: Roberts started out a super-fast pace but EK withstood the pressure. Roberts gassed pretty quickly and EK capitalized with a RNC at the end of the 1st. Brian Keller vs. Will Kuhn: Kuhn has my vote for entrance of the night. Dude had virtually the whole building hyped by the time he made it to the ring. Very charismatic. He backed it up too and got the fastest knock out of the night when Keller tried to jump guard. Kuhn caught him, slammed him almost through the mat, and then followed it up with either an elbow or a forearm smash (again, hard to tell from my angle). Keller was out for a couple of minutes. Tim Gawenda vs. Dustin Chovanic: Easily the best fight of the night. Those two guys went back and forth the entire three rounds in a straight up war. By the end, both were a bloody mess. Fun fight to watch very impressive heart from each of them. Gawenda via Dec. Aaron Hall vs. Junie Browning: Aaron Hall looked fast, confident, and in great shape. Junie Browning looked slow, unmotivated, and in mediocre shape. Hall pushed the pace in the first round and it didn't look like Browning was going to be able to hang. Towards the end of the round, Hall got a takedown and, after a minute or so, Browning was telling his corner his groin was injured. The first round came to a close after the ref stood them up and Browning didn't answer the bell for the second round, apparently because of a pulled groin. I've been to a lot of local shows and, in terms of fighter talent and production, this ranks among the best I've seen. For anyone that lives in the Atlanta area, I definitely recommend going out to their next Fight Night (I think the next one is in April). Really fun night of fights.
2/6/10 11:14 PM
yoyo6314

Gonzo45 - There was a total of ten fights on the card, 4 amateur and 6 pro. All of them were good. Pro results:Nate Ford vs. Scott Farhat: Farhat rocked Ford early in the first round but Ford was able to gain the clinch and get the takedown. Ford threw up a solid looking triangle and it didn't look like Farhat was going to be able to escape but he wiggled out and eventually got to mount. He threw a bunch of punches that Ford really wasn't answering and the ref stopped it. John Cofer vs. Joe Elmore: During the first round, the fight was fairly even with both fighters exchanging good looking combinations. Cofer shot in for a takedown, ate a knee on the way in, but secured the TD. After a couple of positional scrambles, they eventually worked back to their feet before the round came to a close. In the second, Elmore caught an accidental knee to the balls but was able to recover. Cofer then decided to shoot in for a takedown and got caught with a knee or a kick (hard to see from my angle) and got knocked out. Rd 2Andy Roberts vs. Eric Kriegermeier: Roberts started out a super-fast pace but EK withstood the pressure. Roberts gassed pretty quickly and EK capitalized with a RNC at the end of the 1st.Brian Keller vs. Will Kuhn: Kuhn has my vote for entrance of the night. Dude had virtually the whole building hyped by the time he made it to the ring. Very charismatic. He backed it up too and got the fastest knock out of the night when Keller tried to jump guard. Kuhn caught him, slammed him almost through the mat, and then followed it up with either an elbow or a forearm smash (again, hard to tell from my angle). Keller was out for a couple of minutes.Tim Gawenda vs. Dustin Chovanic: Easily the best fight of the night. Those two guys went back and forth the entire three rounds in a straight up war. By the end, both were a bloody mess. Fun fight to watch very impressive heart from each of them. Gawenda via Dec.Aaron Hall vs. Junie Browning: Aaron Hall looked fast, confident, and in great shape. Junie Browning looked slow, unmotivated, and in mediocre shape. Hall pushed the pace in the first round and it didn't look like Browning was going to be able to hang. Towards the end of the round, Hall got a takedown and, after a minute or so, Browning was telling his corner his groin was injured. The first round came to a close after the ref stood them up and Browning didn't answer the bell for the second round, apparently because of a pulled groin. I've been to a lot of local shows and, in terms of fighter talent and production, this ranks among the best I've seen. For anyone that lives in the Atlanta area, I definitely recommend going out to their next Fight Night (I think the next one is in April). Really fun night of fights.

where were you sitting at? if you were looking at the ring from the bar entrance i was to the west of the ring. We started out not being able to see hardly anything than walked up to the second level and stood there for about twenty minutes before a group of four left there reserved table and offered my group there seats. Easily the best view from that angle.
2/7/10 1:31 AM
Gonzo45

we were in the front section of seats, 5 rows back from ringside. The few times that I had trouble seeing was when the fighters had their backs to us.
2/7/10 9:49 AM
yoyo6314

oh ok cool.... next time we need to get a whole underground group together and tailgate before

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.