UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Crazy Info I Stumbled Accross...Multi- Use Glue...

2/7/10 2:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As many of you know super glue can be used to seal some wounds without sutures. While looking up info on superglue on wiki I also found that if it is applied to cotton (perhaps balls or swabs) it can create intense heats and possibly ignite the material.

I will run some tests on it in the morning when my wife is not sleeping (JIC I burn the house down) and let you know what occurs. If it starts fire I am thinking some super glue and cotton balls (which should already be in a survival kit) could have extra uses.
2/7/10 7:25 PM
MATBATTLING SWOCK SUCKER
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep us updated.
2/7/10 9:20 PM
LakerGirl

Sorry, will have to wait. I thought I had some but cant find it. Will have to buy tomorrow.
2/8/10 2:01 PM
LakerGirl

Total FAIL. In defense of the glue my experiment was not very strict. Basic breakdown...

Bought a 3 pack of Elmers Super Glue containing cyanocrylate at CVS.

Took a cotton ball from my wifes bathroom.

Went in the basement and squirted half a 2 gram bottle onto the cotton ball and nothing.

No smoke, no fire and I put my fingers just over the ball and glue and got no heat coming off of it. Maybe the ball isnt real cotton? Maybe you need a shit ton, maybe wiki is wrong.

Feel free to run some experiments too and see what you can find out. It seems like a great pairing if true.
2/8/10 2:08 PM
LakerGirl

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/613004/spontaneous_combustion_how_to/

What a baffoon. Here is a link to a vid of it actually happening. I should have looked around more. Apparently it takes a lot of glue (looks like this guy used 3 x 2g tubes) and you have to wait a few minutes he claims (thank god I disposed of my experiment in the toilet and not the trash). Anyhow, it definitely works, but reality is that you get one fire unless you plan on carrying a shit ton of glue. Also, do this one outside. The vapors created are harmful to breath in.

Watch the vid. Try it out. Good in a pinch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.