UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serra: 'Hughes is taking Renzo too lightly'

2/8/10 4:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Cagewriter asked Hughes at Strikeforce: Miami about why he took the Gracie fight. He joked, "'cause he's older than I am to be honest."

Serra was surprised by that answer.

"Maybe he's joking around that guy. He's doing that thinking Renzo's an easy fight. He's in for a rude awakening."

When asked about a rematch down the road, Serra said he doubts it'll happen and that Hughes wouldn't want it. If Hughes gets by the 42-year-old Gracie, let's hope there's a push for Hughes-Serra II. 

read entire article...

2/8/10 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KneeStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it will be great to see renzo fight again. he will make up for rolles doing so horrible.
2/8/10 9:56 PM
Rappy Gilmore

Not a fan of Cofield either....

2/8/10 10:01 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariel should beat the ever loving tar out of Cofield. 

I'd just like to see it.
2/8/10 10:21 PM
The Kangaroo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you guys are tough. Ariel is the man when it comes to interviews but Cofield is generally pretty solid
2/8/10 10:33 PM
Fenix
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kangaroo -  you guys are tough. Ariel is the man when it comes to interviews but Cofield is generally pretty solid

Cofield talks a lot of shit for a reporter. I hate his guts.
2/9/10 12:07 AM
Bonedog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno. Hughes seems to be getting worse every fight. He'll probably squeak out another LnP victory but you never know.

In my dream scenario, Hughes gets the takedown, Renzo sweeps to full mount and finishes there with GnP. Would be poetic justice.
2/9/10 12:13 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 02/09/10 12:13 AM
yes that's completely believable. Matt hughes is now afraid of matt serra. That's not laughable at all!!!

Christ what a dumb statement that hughes wouldn't want it. the ONLY reason hughes wouldn't be interested would be because serra isn't anyone high profile enough to fight, and beating him again would mean nothing.
2/9/10 12:58 AM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd/Brawlmall, MMA sponsor
 Hughes has said numerous times he has a lot of respect for Renzo
2/9/10 1:21 AM
greentrousers
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was pretty weak stirring shit up. props to serra for not going along, its obvious hughes was joking around.
2/9/10 1:40 AM
TheAlchemist
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Renzo lightly. Renzo be smilin', but he wants to eat your fukkin children!
2/9/10 7:39 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 02/09/10 7:42 AM
EDIT: lol wups, wrong thread
2/9/10 8:28 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cofield is a total weasel.
2/9/10 8:50 AM
Leigh
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Renzo has a great chance in this fight. He's WAY better than Royce and is far more aggressive
2/9/10 8:50 AM
ChimpFL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dudes, I truly believe that Renzo is going to beat hughes, preferably by rear naked choke followed by a Brazilian foot stomp.
2/9/10 9:04 AM
Ramon Maroni

I'd love to see Serra/Hughes II
2/9/10 9:15 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/10 9:16 AM
Renzo is the most progressive of all the Gracies, spending time working on all facets of fighting with good guys. He is well rounded enough to give A level fighters real problems. Renzo knows how to wrestle, his striking isn't great, but he has spent enough time working on it that he understands how to defend against guys with great striking and set up take downs. And the take downs he uses are quality attempts, not old school Gracie dives getting your opponent down to the ground, doesn't matter whether hes on top or bottom. I wouldn't count him out when it comes to a realistic possibility of winning this fight.
2/9/10 9:50 AM
NHBDaddy
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Renzo wins this fight. How long has it been since Hughes has fought?
2/9/10 10:16 AM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "cause he's older than I am to be honest." A rare bit of insight from Hughes. He will destroy Renzo, and it will be meaningless.
2/9/10 10:51 AM
Morgz
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It will be great to watch Renzo beat up Hughes.  It would be even better to watch Serra do it again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.