UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> message to mark from Bobby Razak

2/8/10 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
myrites
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My name is Bobby Razak I just wanted to come on the forum and speak a little about Mark Coleman, Mark and Kevin also gave me my first break in this biz almost 11 -12 years ago . Mark opened a lot of doors for me, he even fought for me for free in pit fight to help a young upcoming filmmaker. I saw him and filmed him many times all over the world including many great battles in japan with Pride. I went to Vegas to see him fight with Randy at ufc 106 and also to take the Ruffo Bros to show them there new commercial on the jumbo tron. Sitting in the audience with the fans I had one thought in mind, mma please don't forget this man . Mma please keep helping this man. I saw his payout for this fight 60k. 60k will be gone soon after taxes , management , training expenses that cash wont last more than 9 months. I filmed a doc called fallen soldier on my friend ex middleweight champion Gerald Mclellan. The thing I found out that boxing does not give a fuck about its own and let G-Man rot in Freeport, while his two sisters work in 12 hour shifts to look after him, to let him know in the darkness that he will be ok. This post is not about G-Man but about Mark. Why am I writing this??? I want Mark to be ok I want him to have a happy and fruitful life deserving of a legend like him. I want mma to be diff. I hope he finds his way after mma. I hope the powers that be will keep looking out for him, keep him in the mix. Help him find his way as he transitions to life after competing. Mark is great he even made it to the Olympics in Barcelona. Mark you are a legend and thank you for all your help I wont forget that. To the powers that be DONT FORGET HIM and others in his situation.
Bobby Razak
2/8/10 11:41 PM
Waterbottle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Coleman is a Legend. Those knees and headbutts were vicious back in the day.

Waterbottle
2/9/10 12:13 AM
CindyO

Classy post, Bobby.

Cindy
2/9/10 12:16 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
Great post
2/9/10 12:17 AM
Stonemann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1

Coleman has all my respect

true mans man, and pioneer of the sport
2/9/10 12:19 AM
HardHittingHeeb

ttt

my first favorite fighter.
2/9/10 12:22 AM
PAGrappler412
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/9/10 12:22 AM
Owned Entertainment
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Owned Entertainment, Inc., James Hergott, Pres.
 TTT
2/9/10 12:40 AM
Kirik
1627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 This is my favorite post of 2010. Thank you Sir.
2/9/10 12:40 AM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd/Brawlmall, MMA sponsor
 Well put
2/9/10 1:23 AM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
2/9/10 1:36 AM
jshtempe

Respect to Coleman. Good post
2/9/10 1:52 AM
nyhcloyalty
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope this get stickied.

TTT for a classy post and a couple of classy fellas.
2/9/10 2:04 AM
LayzieTheSavage
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT 
2/9/10 2:05 AM
bignightmare
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A perfect post.

Mark is a legend and at one time the most feared dude on the planet. He was considered washed up when he won the Pride GP...... He main evented this last UFC.

Mark should Never have to buy a beer again in a new bar.
2/9/10 2:21 AM
victorchensky

With that transition from old school ufc1 days to ufc109 a lot of things have changed. People like Mark Coleman who have stuck with it for all those years really deserve credit. I hope Bobby Razak's dream of MMA taking care of their fellow fighters comes into fruition however, the cynical part of me doesn't believe this with family members such as Tito Ortiz promptly informing Coleman that his career is over. I am not sure what family Tito Ortiz is protecting when it is Mark who like an older brother paved the road for Tito to follow, after all Mark is the grandfather of ground and pound.

It's a damned shame to see what befell Hammer House and how Hammer House was one of the most powerful gyms in the world. Now, hardly anyone talks about it, and all people can say about their former fighters is, Mark shout hang it up, Kevin Randleman is not the same man he used to be, Wes Sims is a joke. If you went back a decade and said that this was going to happen, people would have laughed at you Kevin probably would have suplexed you to death.

I believe what these people ultimately deserve are two things, financial stability and respect, neither of which they seem to receive. Mark is fighting for his life here, he needs the money, what is he going to do after Dana White brings in the bad news? But, hey at least if he doesn't have money he will have respect, ah wait no he will not have that either with guys like Tito Ortiz running his mouth. The point is, now that his fighting career is basically over, what the hell is he going to do? Dana claims that because he now owns the likeness of most of the fighters in the UFC, he is working on being able to support fighters in their later careers. Call me pessimistic but, the chances of the UFC getting big enough to start a retirement fund for fighters is scarce. Well then what else is there to do? Perhaps Mark should start a gym? Well he already tried doing that and look at what happened. It prospered for years and now that it declined, nobody talks about it except when they talk negatively.

The point is, this whole situation is a goddamn shame and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. As fans we should bear the burden of supporting these people who have given their lives to entertain us. These guys like Mark probably are not even asking for fancy cars, all they want to do is take care of their families.

I hope Bobby can start some sort of fund or clothing line that will be able to support Mark in his future years so that the days ahead are not so dark.
2/9/10 3:52 AM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voted up......

Cool post bobby

2/9/10 4:09 AM
JimmersonzGlove
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Randleman part on Rites of Passage is so awesome. I wish he was born a little later...he would be a huge star right now for the mainstream fans and have tons of loot. His interviews are infectious.
2/9/10 8:29 AM
Massa
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does The Antidote not have a club that he owns and teaches at?
2/9/10 8:30 AM
threestars35

Coleman would have won if not for Tompkins.
2/9/10 8:55 AM
victorchensky

Bobby Lupo - I'm sure he could get a job as a wrestling coach @ a school or for an MMA team. He has both his health and mind, which is something most boxers who fight at 46 can't say.

You say that now, after Mark just basically embarrassed himself in that last fight, the truth is life sucks, people remember you mainly for how things ended. What is a guy like him supposed to do? Restart a failing Hammer House with a shitty reputation or continue a losing career until there are just no more fights left to lose? Nobody wants to learn from someone who looks all washed up, not everyone can end a career on a high note when you have to pay the bills for your family.

And as for Massa, he did have a club, if you read what was written above you would know that he did have a club and things ended badly. Look at Ken Shamrock, he used to run Lion's Den, back then everyone ran there to train it was without a doubt one of the best schools. Now that Ken's career doesn't look so great, how many people are flocking to him now?
2/9/10 9:21 AM
damaebushi
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great post.  Mark is a true legend and pioneer who stuck with MMA through good times and bad.  He was one of the ones who paved the way and help build what we have today.  He should always be respected, and never be forgotten.  The few times I have met him, he was always a really decent person.

Respectfully:

Fred
2/9/10 11:12 AM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Coleman - huge reason why I ever stepped in a ring.
2/9/10 11:47 AM
brdrchoker

Edited: 02/09/10 11:47 AM
 I respect Mark Coleman as a fighter...but this please help bullshit is just that..........bullshit.

Now Before you all start flaming, hear me out.

Mark is a grown man, who should have taken some of what he was earning and invested wisely. Is it our fault he didn't ....no

No as for having a school, hammer house, why are the not discussed anymore? They never evolved with the sport so they were passed by. This is a proven point by th rnc that was applied by a fighter from the same era who chose to evolve.

Guess he will have to get a career and work like others, alot of other people start second careers late in life.

I personally wish him the best of luck, but you coming on here pandering on his behalf....I would bet without his knowledge, disrespects him. Just my humble opinion.

2/10/10 5:19 AM
pato1

Edited: 02/10/10 11:07 AM
I actually hope Mark Coleman makes it on his own, with or without MMA and that any sentimentality for him here is misplaced. With his credentials, what should stop him from pitching up his tent and heading over to strikeforce or from training/co-training other talent? If Sokoudjou can enter the Super Hulk tournament... I would've thought that he has quite a few options left open.Maybe his time at the top of the food chain is and has been done awhile but getting there is reserved only for a select few anyway. Its always sad to see an ageing, proud champion lose in dominating fashion.Here's to success on whatever he decides to do next.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.