UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Knife as a tool

2/9/10 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some folks have been doing some discussion on edged weapons as of late. Some mentioned the knife as a tool.
The knife is one of the early basic machines called a wedge. Two incline plains put together. These tools have been made from, stone, bone, and wood in the earliest stages then progressed in the copper, bronze and iron age.
Understanding how and why a knife is used can be traced to prehistoric times. I use to roll my eyes when Dan Inosanto would lecture on tribes, cultures, tools and weapons. But as I grew older I gained a huge appreciation for history and is now a part of my ongoing studies.
I would urge anyone who is interested in edged weapons to make history part of your game plan. .
Flint knapping with obsidian and flint/chert or blacksmithing to fordge your own blade is a lot of fun and to learn a craft like knapping that dates back to cave dwellers making spear heads and such is pretty cool.

Sometimes it’s nice to get out of the fighting stuff and broaden your MA’s with archeology, anthropology, metallurgy, social studies. many would not consider this JKD, but it's JKD to me...:)
2/10/10 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paul Hopkins
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.