UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen: "Ed Soares isn’t in a position of power"

2/9/10 4:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmahq.com/blog/2010/02/09/sonnen-talks-marquardt-mw-title-shot/

“I won’t respond.  Ed isn’t in a position of power – he is in a position of opinion.  Dana (White) and Joe Silva have already spoken, their word is final, my fate is set.”

2/9/10 4:41 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the past I could not stand this guy, but he is a pretty funny dude.  WAR SONNEN! 
2/9/10 4:46 PM
jdindiana
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can Soares just give us a list of fighters worthy of fighting Anderson without having to fight someone else first?
2/9/10 4:48 PM
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^jesus himself. at least we know he wont tap!
2/9/10 4:52 PM
MuchRespec'
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timmy B - Chael Sonnen had no chance against Yushin Okami, Paulo Filho, and Nathan Marquardt....

Or Demian Maia. Or Jeremy Horn. And be fair Filho smoked him before going insane.

Get on board the love train quick boys 'cause it's running out of track, Sonnen's fate is set...
2/9/10 4:53 PM
threestars35

jdindiana - can Soares just give us a list of fighters worthy of fighting Anderson without having to fight someone else first?

Leites and Forrest rematch
2/9/10 4:57 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he went from being a guy with the personality of a floppy fish to a somebody in 3 days, pretty impressive PR...
love him or hate him, I think a lot of people will want to see this fight when it is set.
2/9/10 5:08 PM
Chris
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen FTW!
2/9/10 5:15 PM
DevilsAdvocate
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael should release some spoken word album's. I'd listen.
2/9/10 5:23 PM
the dazzle

LiftStrong -  In the past I could not stand this guy, but he is a pretty funny dude.  WAR SONNEN! 

im on the same boat brah. this fucker literally makes me laugh out loud. id never thought id say thi but WAR SONNEN!
2/9/10 5:25 PM
MillhouseMMA
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just telling it like it is
2/9/10 7:12 PM
CindyO

jdindiana - can Soares just give us a list of fighters worthy of fighting Anderson without having to fight someone else first?

I don't think such a list exists.

Cindy
2/9/10 7:36 PM
lookoutawhale
996 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/10 7:44 PM
CindyO - 

Cindy

I think this is Ed Soares' diagram. No one gets to fight Anderson. Contenders can only fight other contenders until there are no more contenders left.

Its like the game "musical chairs." The one chair remaining is always left for Anderson Silva.

2/9/10 7:37 PM
jjj2121

CindyO - 

Cindy

Sure it does, any blank piece of paper will do.

Ed Soares needs to shut the fuck up about who doesn't a title shot, the act is old.
2/9/10 7:38 PM
jjj2121

lookoutawhale - 
CindyO - 

Cindy

I think this is Ed Soares' diagram. No gets to fight Anderson. Contenders can only fight other contenders until there are no more contenders left.

Its like the game "musical chairs."

Be honest, did you put Wandy in there with a straight face?
2/9/10 7:41 PM
lookoutawhale
996 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heh i still rank a tail end Wanderlei above lutter, leities, cote, leben.
2/9/10 8:34 PM
ajjr0ller
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe I actually agree with Chael about something.
2/9/10 9:36 PM
williepep
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like Nick Cage in that picture.....
2/9/10 11:03 PM
Grakman

jjj2121 - Be honest, did you put Wandy in there with a straight face?

Didn't Soares say Wand didn't deserve a title shot either, when they first announced Wand moving to middleweight? I don't know that he does deserve a title shot but I figured his diagram was just all the people Soares had said didn't deserve a title shot (six of the top ten at middleweight?)
2/10/10 12:15 AM
jjj2121

Grakman - 
jjj2121 - Be honest, did you put Wandy in there with a straight face?

Didn't Soares say Wand didn't deserve a title shot either, when they first announced Wand moving to middleweight? I don't know that he does deserve a title shot but I figured his diagram was just all the people Soares had said didn't deserve a title shot (six of the top ten at middleweight?)

I love Wand, but I agree w/ Soares there...you need more than drawing power to get a title shot...Wand v Anderson would be really ugly at this point.
2/10/10 12:58 AM
orcus

"Its like the game "musical chairs." The one chair remaining is always left for Anderson Silva."

You'd have a point except Anderson already tooled two of those guys, is fighting one of the others soon, Wand has never even fought at 185, Maia got KTFO one fight ago, and Chael is probably getting the next shot.
2/10/10 1:07 AM
HardHittingHeeb

Cyril Jeff -  he went from being a guy with the personality of a floppy fish to a somebody in 3 days, pretty impressive PR...
love him or hate him, I think a lot of people will want to see this fight when it is set.

Very impressive and I think it bodes well for his political career. I barely followed him a few weeks ago and now I'm googling all his interviews.

He has my vote - HHH (d)
2/10/10 1:14 AM
CindyO

HardHittingHeeb - 
Cyril Jeff -  he went from being a guy with the personality of a floppy fish to a somebody in 3 days, pretty impressive PR...

Very impressive and I think it bodes well for his political career. I barely followed him a few weeks ago and now I'm googling all his interviews.

He has my vote - HHH (d)

Right or wrong, he's the only one talking with something interesting coming out of his mouth at the moment, IMO.

Cindy
2/10/10 1:17 AM
Crooklyn
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
CindyO - 

Cindy
word.com

2/10/10 1:29 AM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/10 1:30 AM
yes, that interview about running Anderson out of his neighborhood will live infinitely after Anderson beats him senseless and kicks his head off his shoulders as soon as he tries to shoot for a double.

it's gonna be fun to read while watching gif's post-fight.

and lol @ the MW division being the toughest.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.