UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ricardo Almeida: Renzo may move to 155

2/9/10 6:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After getting smaller in the gym, Almeida told MMAjunkie.com that the Gracie statesman is himself considering a drop to the lightweight class after the April 10 fight in Abu Dhabi. Almeida's New Jersey gym has served as a primary meeting place for an ongoing camp that includes Gracie, Frankie Edgar, Rolles Gracie, and Dante Rivera.

"I think just [his] frame (suits a drop)," said Almeida. "Guys are cutting a lot of weight, and now I'm going down to 170 (pounds), and I think my frame's a little bit bigger than Renzo's."

"If you look at all the guys Renzo fought, it's guys who are past UFC champions," Almeida said. "Not to take anything away from Royce, but they had different careers. Royce started it all while Renzo was the one running with the flag the whole time."

"To be honest, [Renzo] did a lot better than guys are doing against B.J. now," Almeida said. "I think that eventually he wants to fight at (155), but he wants to see what Frankie is doing."

read entire article...

2/9/10 7:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MillhouseMMA
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Hughes will send him there
2/9/10 7:23 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is my favorite Gracie and he did very well against BJ in the past...but now? He needs to avoid BJ.
2/9/10 9:32 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grachuss seems upset
2/9/10 9:40 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OWNEDbythe209 - 

Renzo, Trigg, Coleman.... Baroni....

the UFC is getting lame as hell

I'd almost agree but Renzo rules.
2/9/10 10:08 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, when I met Renzo last year he was a solid 180+, don't know if his body can really take that cut but here's hoping.
2/9/10 10:12 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's just being brought into the UFC to lose.
2/9/10 10:35 PM
JSMHP
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who belongs in the UFC instead of Renzo?? All prospects have contracts with either UFC Dream or Strikeforce....who's spot is Renzo stealing
2/9/10 11:22 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hughes has a farm to attend to. 
2/10/10 8:32 AM
banging
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can beat hughes but it'll be a tough fight for sure. Respect that he wants to go in there and it will be competitive and exciting. Renzo is not scared about losing, he'll fight and fight and fight.
2/10/10 9:54 AM
Mako_
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grachuss - Maybe we can get Renzo out of the UFC, and get an up and coming young guy that actually earned his spot through fighting, not through business.

I think I can live with one less TUF cast member in the UFC.

Earned through fighting? are you kidding me! Ok then, just for you maybe Renzon can fight the winner of TUF for the spot... I'm sure that would be competitive given how undeserving Renzo is....
2/10/10 9:58 AM
Jonny Future

grachuss - Maybe we can get Renzo out of the UFC, and get an up and coming young guy that actually earned his spot through fighting, not through business.

You are a fucking idiot and should be banned....

How could anyone hate on Renzo.

FUCKING NOOB
2/10/10 9:59 AM
Jonny Future

GO TELL YOUR MOMMY TO BUY YOU LEGACY FOR CHRISTMAS NEXT YEAR
2/10/10 10:53 AM
HardHittingHeeb

Mako_ - 

I think I can live with one less TUF cast member in the UFC.

Earned through fighting? are you kidding me! Ok then, just for you maybe Renzon can fight the winner of TUF for the spot... I'm sure that would be competitive given how undeserving Renzo is....

He's fought and beat a who's-who. Renzo deserves to be in he UFC more than anyone.
2/10/10 12:33 PM
jmmz
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're a fucking moron. Renzo is the man and in my opinion the best Gracie MMA fighter ever. Hughes is going to be a tough fight. I hope he wins and avenges is lost to the back stabbing trader BJ.
2/10/10 3:29 PM
johnnykage
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmmz - 

You're a fucking moron. Renzo is the man and in my opinion the best Gracie MMA fighter ever. Hughes is going to be a tough fight. I hope he wins and avenges is lost to the back stabbing trader BJ.

I didn't know BJ was a trader. I thought his money came from his family. Thanks for the update jmmz.
2/10/10 3:36 PM
HoldYerGround
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmmz - 

I'm pretty confident that that whole thing is just hype.
2/10/10 3:40 PM
da Vinci 81
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this was going to be just a one-off return fight? Going to be pretty tough to make a comeback to full-time fighting when you're in your 40s.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.