UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> has Frank Trigg been released from UFC yet?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/9/10 7:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everbody said he was gonna get cut if he lost to Serra. Has he?
2/9/10 7:27 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/09/10 7:27 PM
The letter is in the mail.

He got 2 fights and not been competitive in either.
2/9/10 7:30 PM
HexRei

lol, even TRIGG said the loser would cut. bad thing to discuss in the pre-fight lead up, imho.
2/9/10 7:32 PM
jjj2121

HexRei - lol, even TRIGG said the loser would cut. bad thing to discuss in the pre-fight lead up, imho.

Except he was wrong about Serra...Serra would not have been cut. Former champs get a ton more rope, plus a TUF winner and owner of one of the biggest upsets in history? Serra will be in the UFC until he retires.
2/9/10 7:32 PM
Bill Pharoni
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Trigg get one more fight. It's a shame that people on this forum are so hungry to see people lose their jobs.
2/9/10 7:36 PM
Chappie
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually feel bad for Trigg, he has obviously has experienced 2 horrifically bad losses in his most recent run int eh UFC. Even at age 37, Trigg is a substantially better fighter than he has shown.
2/9/10 7:39 PM
jjj2121

Bill Pharoni - I'd like to see Trigg get one more fight. It's a shame that people on this forum are so hungry to see people lose their jobs.

Weren't people saying that about his last fight?

If he gets yet another fight after yet another loss he got blown the fuck out of the water in, it had better not be on the main card of a PPV...I'm done paying to watch Trigg get his ass kicked.
2/9/10 7:41 PM
nofatchicks

I dont want to see frank lose his job, I just dont want to see him on the main card. Hes not competitve it seems. Maybe he can make a run in SF.
2/9/10 7:44 PM
dimesnake

i just can't take any of Jack Skellington's thread seriously
2/9/10 7:55 PM
Jack Skellington
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dimesnake - i just can't take any of Jack Skellington's thread seriously
you & me both buddy
2/9/10 7:56 PM
White Culture

ya it would have been retarded if serra had lost and they cut him... that said i dont think serra ever would have lost to trigg and i made plenty of money to prove it
2/9/10 7:57 PM
EKPOGI
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i always thought Trigg was better @185.(aside from the Lawler KO).
2/9/10 7:57 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

serra wasn't going to lose to a guy with a tramp stamp.
2/9/10 8:04 PM
orcus

That was a bad performance. He just looked lazy. Should have shot a double immediately and pounded the F out of Serra.
2/9/10 8:23 PM
Styro

Trigg lost to Kos and Serra, there are several ufc WW's that would have done the same.

Give him one more fight imo.
2/9/10 8:26 PM
jjj2121

orcus -  That was a bad performance. He just looked lazy. Should have shot a double immediately and pounded the F out of Serra.

Yup, it's not like Serra's used his BJJ off of his back much, and he is prone to be taken down...a Hughes-like LnP win was his best shot and he never even tried.

If I had VTFU's to offer you'd be getting mine tonight goodsir, I've agreed with several of your posts across different threads tonight.
2/9/10 9:10 PM
CindyO

Styro - Trigg lost to Kos and Serra, there are several ufc WW's that would have done the same.

Give him one more fight imo.

I hope so. If he doesn't pull the trigger then, well... it would be hard to protest him getting cut if that is the result. Love the guy, though, and keep hoping for him to nail it and secure his place on the roster. So many talented guys out there right now-- this makes Joe Silva's job much harder.

Cindy
2/9/10 9:38 PM
ajjr0ller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Anthony Johnson needs another win. Why not put Trigg in there with him?
2/9/10 10:41 PM
jjj2121

ajjr0ller - I hear Anthony Johnson needs another win. Why not put Trigg in there with him?

AJ doesn't need gimme wins...he'll earn enough with those fists (he NEEDS to continue making weight though). He's fighting Doomsday on the loaded VS card next month.
2/9/10 11:27 PM
Poindexter
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One more for twinkle toes.
2/9/10 11:31 PM
Jack Skellington

Trigg should fight a guy like Renzo or Baroni for his last UFC fight.

I think he would have a 50/50 chance at beating both of them.
2/10/10 12:11 AM
jjj2121

Not sure why everyone is campaigning for 1 more fight...he's not overly exciting and he's been destroyed twice in his UFC comeback. Koscheck can be explained due to the huge KO power but Serra finished him inside of half of the first round, which outside of the GSP fight, Serra generally doesn't do. He looked way overmatched against a guy who in all honesty should be at 155.

I'd like to see him in SF, lots of intriguing fights that he could be competitive in.
2/10/10 12:17 AM
Bill Pharoni
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look it Up - I wouldn't mind seeing him in the booth next to Goldie & Rogan, he's got skills on the mic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/10/10 12:37 AM
nyhcloyalty
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - I'd like to see Trigg get one more fight. It's a shame that people on this forum are so hungry to see people lose their jobs.

Holy shit thank you for saying this. Like to see Trigg against a bunch of guys in the UFC, he was thrown into two huge fights in his return, give him someone smaller on the undercard or prelims.
2/10/10 1:09 AM
CindyO

Bill Pharoni - 
Look it Up - I wouldn't mind seeing him in the booth next to Goldie & Rogan, he's got skills on the mic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? He did a good job commentating for Pride.

Cindy

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.