UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Going to see Tommy Emmanuel tomorrow!!!

2/9/10 9:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Iron Man
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am so looking forward to seeing Tommy Emmanuel in concert tomorrow at Pepperdine college. I know it will be amazing.
2/12/10 1:55 PM
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, I can't believe I'm out of town for this.
2/14/10 12:57 PM
whaledog
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/10 12:56 PM
so, how wuz it? 
2/17/10 10:13 AM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I`ve seen Tommy many times. What an inspiring player, I just wish he wouldn`t play the same set every time..
2/17/10 11:58 AM
whaledog

Edited: 02/17/10 12:40 PM
 I've never seen him, so it wouldn't have been such a big issue for me.  :)

On the other hand, with everything on youtube, I've probably heard his set a bunch of times.

2/17/10 6:42 PM
Iron Man
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great show and tommy was on the top of his game. My friend who went to the show with me has seen tommy on youtube but he said seeing tommy live is a totally different experience. Tommy plays with such emotion and you can feel it in the theater. when tommy plays he give 110%. His guitar sounded amazing.

The only negative thing i could say is the song initiation was a bit long. I would have rather have him play others songs like Dixie Mcguire or Papa George. He did play a new song on his upcoming new CD. Also, tommy did an amazing medley in honor of Chet and Merle. That was my favorite part of the show.

I also got to meet tommy again at the meet and greet he signed my guild guitar of 30+ years.
2/19/10 8:30 AM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool Iron Man!
3/3/10 12:15 AM
Iron Man

check out joe robinson...he will be the second coming of Tommy...
3/3/10 9:07 AM
whaledog

Iron Man - check out joe robinson...he will be the second coming of Tommy...

He played in Santa Monica  a few weeks ago, but I couldn't go.  I REALLY wanted to check out his show, too.
3/5/10 1:59 AM
Iron Man

hey whaledog

joe robinson opened for lee ritenour at the broadstage in santa monica. i actually took him to the show and i got to watch joe and lee rehearse together. unfortunately i could not make the show.

joe is extremely talented and amazingly humble. he is in nashville for the next month just hanging out.

the next time he is in town i am going try to help set up a house concert/workshop if he has the time.

richard smith is coming to town in april. you need to see him too.
3/5/10 12:24 PM
whaledog

Iron Man - hey whaledog

joe robinson opened for lee ritenour at the broadstage in santa monica. i actually took him to the show and i got to watch joe and lee rehearse together. unfortunately i could not make the show.

joe is extremely talented and amazingly humble. he is in nashville for the next month just hanging out.

the next time he is in town i am going try to help set up a house concert/workshop if he has the time.

richard smith is coming to town in april. you need to see him too.

That's awseome!  That was the show I wanted to see, too.

I'm down for the workshop or show.  Keep me in the loop.
3/10/10 8:53 AM
Hillbilly

Edited: 03/10/10 8:58 AM
I`ve seen Richard Smith a few times but haven`t heard of Joe Robinson.

The times I`ve seen Tommy at WInfield he would alwys come to the campground stage and play with us regular folks.. What a cool guy. He is getting REALLY good with the Django stuff. I also love the tune Drivetime and have been working it up lately.
3/10/10 4:00 PM
Iron Man

joe robinson is from australia and he won australia's got talent show a few years ago. on that show he did mostly tommy's stuff. but check out his original stuff like struttin it, fireflies, and it's not easy...good stuff.

other young gun fingerstyle players are emil ernebro, keiran murphy, gareth pearson, sungha jung and ben owens. all of them including joe are under 23 years old. sheesh. this kids have so much talent...i hate them. hahahahaha.

tommy is so cool and down to earth. great guy.
3/10/10 11:43 PM
whaledog

Edited: 03/11/10 12:13 AM
 Here's a video of Joe.  He wrote this song when he was 17.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.