UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> 7th Australian Submission comp in Syd postponed

2/10/10 12:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bjjbb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi everyone,

The 7th Australian Submission Championship at Sydney UNI Sports & Aquatic Centre is postponed 2 weeks from Sunday Feb 28th to SATURDAY MARCH 13th.

The event is a No Gi BJJ event so all weight, belts, age divisions apply and also all BJJ rules.

Please check www.nswbjj.com.au for entry forms and waivers for the comp.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

NSWBJJFEDERATION.
2/22/10 5:46 PM
blakGSR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone advise when the online entry will open for this comp?
3/8/10 5:17 PM
Hodgeny
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else having problems with the online entry? A couple of my students have tried (even me and my limited computer skills helping) ... and we can enter our details ok, but then it falls over when it crosses to PayPay. We get a PayPayl error message saying "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

Just us?
3/9/10 3:14 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Conspiracy theory??? :-)
3/9/10 4:32 AM
gumby1
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just had the same problem.............
3/9/10 4:44 AM
gumby1

Jumped on my email to ask them about it, and there was an email already there with a link to payment website (its a secure paypal one) that worked nicely (I hope!)

Now I'm all paid up to get destroyed ;)
3/9/10 11:19 PM
Old Boxer

gumby1 - Jumped on my email to ask them about it, and there was an email already there with a link to payment website (its a secure paypal one) that worked nicely (I hope!)

Now I'm all paid up to get destroyed ;)

I think you will win!
3/13/10 10:59 AM
Mulisha01
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how did u end up goin gumby1 ?
3/14/10 8:01 PM
gumby1

Got done by anaconda. Drew an old training partner of mine, and he knew my game too well! That and he's just plain better. At least he went on to win the division.

Despite losing, really happy with how it went. Managed to do a few things I wanted to, and learned from the experience. ALl you can ask for really.
3/15/10 1:33 AM
dojo stormer

which division gumby1?
3/15/10 7:08 AM
gumby1

Purple Belt 85-91kg. Spectators probably missed my glorious debut at purple since i think there were maybe 10 people left in the building (cleaning staff included!) at 4:40 in the afternoon....... Long day when you've cut weight and have to stay down all day!

A mate of mine involved in comps in SA told me that their weigh ins are set for an hour in the morning, which doesnt seem to me to be a bad idea. Wonder if it might be an option?

3/15/10 7:29 AM
dojo stormer

yeah, i saw your match, ben won his other match with a similar choke.

3/15/10 8:24 PM
gumby1

Yeah, got him in about half the time, they didnt get to ground until it was already locked on.

After watching the video I made a real rookie mistake - instead of continuing on my way with the sweep and winding up off the mats I turned back inside like you would at training and dove straight into that choke!

Thats what I like about comp - you learn from your mistakes!
3/15/10 10:45 PM
bmscrew

the guy that won the purple under 79 was pretty impressive
3/15/10 11:53 PM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bmscrew - the guy that won the purple under 79 was pretty impressive

Agreed! :-)
3/16/10 6:35 PM
bmscrew

haha yes it was me- always keen for feedback to improve.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.