Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rolles Gracie talks about his recent UFC debut

http://www.graciemag.com/en/2010/02/rolles-comments-on-loss/
2/10/10 10:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HardHittingHeeb

Classy article - no excuses.

"I understand the fans are disappointed. I appreciate all the support I received and I wanted to put on a good show. What can I say? It wasn't my day. I mean, this is MMA, not golf. The fans are a different breed and when they are angry, they definitely let you know."
2/10/10 1:19 PM
Telamon
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA fans dump on you when you win. When you lose, it's a nightmare.
2/10/10 1:22 PM
donkypunch55
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i personally wasn't dissapointed that he lost. It was HOW he lost.

Gassed and straight gave up.

Look at the legions of fans that Wandy still has and he's lost 4 of 6, but he brings it...

That's what we really care about.
2/10/10 1:30 PM
ElPapaya

Gassing out for no apparant reason seems kinda  disrespectful at this level
2/10/10 2:31 PM
The Sultan
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Telamon - MMA fans dump on you when you win. When you lose, it's a nightmare.

Yeah some MMA fans are fickle shitty people.

2/10/10 2:34 PM
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - It was disrespectful for the uFc to give him a no name opponentant. He deserves and should be facing top heavyweights. Getting someone in his first fight with no name value, of course Rolles is not going to be motivated to train as hard, why would he? he feels disrespected and this would make anyone slack off training and not go 100% in the fight, uFc more specifically Joe Silva has himself to blame not Rolles who did nothing wrong and actually still turned up and gave the fans a good fight.

lol, this is so ridiculous it has to be a troll.
2/10/10 2:41 PM
PJ Benn Fan
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - It was disrespectful for the uFc to give him a no name opponentant. He deserves and should be facing top heavyweights.

Obviously he doesnt deserve top opponants if he cant beat Joey Beltran

Getting someone in his first fight with no name value, of course Rolles is not going to be motivated to train as hard, why would he?

Because its his motherfucking cocksucking job you dolt. Most people would rather be doing something different professionally than what they are but at the end of the day we have mouths to feed so we suck it up and go to work and do the best we can.
Your telling me that this guy cant even stay motivated at something he loves!!!!

he feels disrespected and this would make anyone slack off training and not go 100% in the fight, uFc more specifically Joe Silva has himself to blame not Rolles who did nothing wrong and actually still turned up and gave the fans a good fight.

So its the UFCs role now to keep the fighters moitivated? Shouldnt the quest of being the champion in the most popular MMA org in the world be enough motivation besides all the money and fame that goes with it?

2/10/10 2:45 PM
That Guy in the Back
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - It was disrespectful for the uFc to give him a no name opponentant. He deserves and should be facing top heavyweights. Getting someone in his first fight with no name value, of course Rolles is not going to be motivated to train as hard, why would he? he feels disrespected and this would make anyone slack off training and not go 100% in the fight, uFc more specifically Joe Silva has himself to blame not Rolles who did nothing wrong and actually still turned up and gave the fans a good fight.

WHAT??? That's like me knocking up some whore and blaming her parents for making so attractive that I had to bang her. Just completely retarded.
2/10/10 3:14 PM
FearMir
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Troll or huge retard here.
2/10/10 3:54 PM
munsturrman28
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Guy in the Back - 

WHAT??? That's like me knocking up some whore and blaming her parents for making so attractive that I had to bang her. Just completely retarded.

hahahahaha!
2/10/10 4:35 PM
10mtncombat

talent and ability will only get you so far without good training--ask bj

he gassed-it's his own fault- no one elses- he should have more pride in himself and dominate a "no name opponent" as you put it. instead of giving up after gassing-no one to blame but himself for that performane
2/10/10 4:56 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Until you step foot in the cage of the #1 org in the world, in front of thousands of people, being watched by millions, carrying the pressure of the name of the most prominent fighting family ever, with a total MMA experience of about 4 minutes total across 3 fights......

... You have no fuckin idea what the fuck happend to him. Honestly, He shouldnt have been put in that position in the first place. He was set up to fail
2/10/10 4:59 PM
D3structo
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not sure who looked worse, him or Coleman. They should set up a fight for the most 1 dimensional fighter.
2/10/10 5:07 PM
Humboldt JuiJitsu
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/10 5:07 PM
 ^ (BUFFGEO)

I would not go as far as to say he was set up to fail, but you do bring up some very valid points.  MMA fans are not only "fickle", but for the most part highly uneducated or at the very least lacking real world experience.

Gassing sucks, and typically has more to do (at this level at least) with sports psychology as it does with a bad weight cut or a poor training camp.  Not sure what other factors were inolved, but the adrenaline dump of being on that stage alone is enough I am sure. 
2/10/10 5:10 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/10 5:11 PM
Oddessa
The Sultan - 
Telamon - MMA fans dump on you when you win. When you lose, it's a nightmare.

Yeah some MMA fans are fickle shitty people.

that's how  life is ....

2/10/10 5:12 PM
ECWCock

ttt
2/10/10 5:13 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa
 Rolles definitely has great resumee .. . Maybe just not cut out for full contact...
2/10/10 5:19 PM
macdawg

10mtncombat - talent and ability will only get you so far without good training--ask bj

Yep, and superCalo's post says Rolles is a BJJ teacher doing the UFC as a hobby. I think Rolles did a perfect interview and look forward to seeing him back provided he has passion for fighting and isn't doing it just for a hobby.

Guys like BJ, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Lesnar, or any mma champ are 100% dedicated and love the sport. I think mma should be something either your either 100% in it or all out and hard to do as a hobby at the UFC level.
2/10/10 5:29 PM
newbloodmma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew watching that fight that Rolles was going to get destroyed on teh UG. I feel for him, hopefully he will come back from this.

It did look like he didn't spar in preparation for his bout. He was throwing horribly telegraphed punches while off balance. Rolles just needs to suck it up and get some quality boxing training, quality sparring. Grappling wise, he has the goods. A guy his size and strength has no reason to have at the very least a quick powerful jab. This guy could greatly benifit if he works closely with a good standup coach.
2/10/10 5:33 PM
BUFFGEO

Humboldt JuiJitsu -  ^ (BUFFGEO)

I would not go as far as to say he was set up to fail, but you do bring up some very valid points.  MMA fans are not only "fickle", but for the most part highly uneducated or at the very least lacking real world experience.

Gassing sucks, and typically has more to do (at this level at least) with sports psychology as it does with a bad weight cut or a poor training camp.  Not sure what other factors were inolved, but the adrenaline dump of being on that stage alone is enough I am sure. 

Yes i didnt mean he was personally set up to fail and look bad, I meant the situation in general was a set up for failure
2/10/10 5:35 PM
billy914
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He basically had a panic attack. He might not be well rounded, but it wasn't exactly Fedor he was up against, I believe he had more than enough ability to win and training with a good camp there is no way he didn't get his conditioning in. I don't know if he can turn it around though, some people just can't deal with fighting mentally and it wasn't a good sign that he gave up after he was exhausted.
2/10/10 6:14 PM
nofatchicks

does anyone else think of that old Run DMC song every time they hear this guys name? "It's Christmas time in Hollis, Queens, moms cookin chicken and collard greens"
2/10/10 11:28 PM
Joeajitsu

Rolles actually is great fighter. he looked great in training,was in good shape cardio wise, just got caught up in the anxiety and pressure of the big stage. not uncommon of many ufc debuts. he will be back to show his true skills
2/11/10 12:00 AM
SQad127

LOL @ the Rolles Gracie super troll superCalo 
congrats you're a RETARD!!!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.