UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Anyone interested in a DAVE CAMARILLO seminar?

2/11/10 12:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sputniik
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok Just spoke to Dave's manager and he is interested in doing a one day seminar on the saturday before the fights.

Cost would be around 120-130 dollars and limited to 25 guys

Clarification on this when we iron out the particulars with his side.

Venue: Boxingworks gym: Pelican lane (old golds gym), Darlinghurst.

Date: Saturday 20th of febuary.

here is Dave in action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R602yHp4nuQ&feature=related

Let us know if you guys are interested please as this is a last minute thing!
2/11/10 6:30 AM
rbl
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested, what kind of stuff will he cover? I have his book but it seems like it was written with judo guys in mind.
2/11/10 7:34 AM
sputniik
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From what I have gathered he will be condensing his usual two day seminar format into one. so I believe it will possibly be a mix of judo for bjj and some
ground work as well. As for the specifics on ground work.... Well what would you like to cover? Dave is open to suggestions.
2/11/10 7:34 AM
sputniik

From what I have gathered he will be condensing his usual two day seminar format into one. so I believe it will possibly be a mix of judo for bjj and some
ground work as well. As for the specifics on ground work.... Well what would you like to cover? Dave is open to suggestions.
2/11/10 8:14 AM
sputniik

Sorry for the double post!
2/11/10 11:43 PM
rbl
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His judo stuff is great, I'd be interested in standing stuff for BJJ comps but starting with minimal judo experience. Also the flying armbar and triangle stuff is really interesting.
2/12/10 8:27 PM
sputniik

rbl,
there are spaces still available if you are interested in coming. Its gonna be a great seminar...He is definitely one of my all time favourite bjj players !!
2/13/10 1:07 PM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds excellent ... let us know the details.

Will he be working any nogi?
2/13/10 7:23 PM
sputniik

Yeah no this is a gi seminar. Times have not been confirmed but will let you know hopefully by tomorrow. It has been really hectic at the gym, team quest have just arrved and are also using the facility. So come down and say G'day to kristoff, mayhem and big dan after the seminar!!
2/14/10 2:22 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sputniik - Yeah no this is a gi seminar. Times have not been confirmed but will let you know hopefully by tomorrow. It has been really hectic at the gym, team quest have just arrved and are also using the facility. So come down and say G'day to kristoff, mayhem and big dan after the seminar!!

Kick ass man!

I am in Brisbane but will be down this week. Will be sure to bring my gear with me.

How do I sign up for the seminar?
2/14/10 3:39 AM
sputniik

At this point i would ask that you call the gym to arrange payment for the seminar:

Boxingworks Gym
23 Pelican Street, Darlinghurst
02 9283 6421

thanks again, its gonna be awesome!
2/14/10 5:00 AM
crazydave

Do they realise the Saturday clashes will all the fight club and weigh in stuff?
2/14/10 5:56 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there still any places left? I would be interested with at least one of my students! Thanks
Felipe
2/14/10 4:48 PM
sputniik

Felipe,
Yes there should be a few spots left.
i ask that all enquiries be made with the Gym now. Give them a call and mention the seminar.

Cheers,
Oscar

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.