UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand wants to train with, not fight Anderson Silva

2/12/10 11:50 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

There is no doubt that Brazilian fighters are a proud people, and when rivalries rise up sometimes there's not much anybody can do to put out the fire.  One rivalry that came and went recently was between former training partners Wanderlei Silva and UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com, Wanderlei says that he no longer has a need to fight Anderson, and he even plans on working with the champ’s Black House team in the near future.

"From now on I don't want to fight this man," Wanderlei said.  "Maybe as soon as possible I'm going train with him in L.A. because he has a good thing there."

"He offered to give me a few classes and I think it would be good for me, for him, and I'm going to train with him there," Wanderlei commented.

read entire article...

2/12/10 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
disbeliever
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: I can never beat him :(
2/12/10 11:53 AM
Birdman3015
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Anderson train with Wandy way back when?
2/12/10 11:56 AM
crunk404
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Birdman3015 - Did Anderson train with Wandy way back when?

yes, back in the chute boxe days.

from what i've read online, it was not a happy moment when anderson left.

i've also heard that wand used to tool anderson on the regular when they sparred. i wonder how that would go today.

and hey, if i read it on the internet, it must be true!
2/12/10 11:58 AM
nofatchicks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, I'm gonna err on the side of skeptical on this one.
2/12/10 11:58 AM
nofatchicks

Edited: 02/12/10 11:59 AM
thats crazy!
2/12/10 12:39 PM
DevilsAdvocate
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem just said he wants to train with Fedor again and not fight him. This is not a team sport for fucks sake.
2/12/10 1:27 PM
MMA Monkey

crunk404 - 
Birdman3015 - Did Anderson train with Wandy way back when?

yes, back in the chute boxe days.

from what i've read online, it was not a happy moment when anderson left.

i've also heard that wand used to tool anderson on the regular when they sparred. i wonder how that would go today.

and hey, if i read it on the internet, it must be true!

No, I'm afraid it was the other way around. Anderson used to tool Wanderlei on a regular basis when sparring.
2/12/10 1:28 PM
MMA Monkey

Kimbos Beard - 
crunk404 - 

Not according to what I've read. What I've heard is that Anderson was much sharper and technically dominant, but couldn't handle Wand's power in 100% sparring.

Supposedly he used to box everybody up at CB, but then Wand KO'd him twice inside of one week, after which Anderson refused to ever spar with Wand again.

Where the fuck are all these newbs getting these rumors from? Jesus Christ stop making shit up.
2/12/10 1:33 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: Now that Belfort is out, Wanderlie vs Anderson may be a reality so I better be nice and stop talking smack.
2/12/10 2:09 PM
DevilsAdvocate
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Anderson pissed at Wandi for dropping to MW?
2/12/10 2:49 PM
ausgepicht

You douchebags can't form decent friendships, so you think it's impossible for anyone else?
2/12/10 3:00 PM
DevilsAdvocate

^^^No, friends have fought each other several times in the past. It's bullshit to be a fighter and not fight someone because you know him well. The only people they hang out with are each other.
2/12/10 3:03 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 02/12/10 3:22 PM
DevilsAdvocate - ^^^No, friends have fought each other several times in the past. It's bullshit to be a fighter and not fight someone because you know him well. The only people they hang out with are each other.
Yeah no shit. Friends have fought each other. You act like it's some gold nugget that no one knew and you unleashed on us.

The point is that every friendship is different and maybe Wand values his friendship more. I have friends that I would fight no problem, but then there are friends I would NOT.

2/12/10 3:19 PM
remybonjasky

actaully anderson got wooped by pele landi in muay thai match then decided to join chute boxe where pele was at and when anderson went to join he had to get initiated which was the whole gym beating him down anderson says only wandi went light on him that day
2/12/10 3:23 PM
remybonjasky

the article is up at http://www.portaldovt.com.br/english/
if you click on magazine in corner of screen then click on the back issue with anderson on the cover.Read the first magazine though the Pele interview its time you people get educated on chute boxe and the fact anderson is 0-3 against chute boxe fighters lost 2 times to pele in muay thai and once to another chute boxe student in mma for his first loss
2/12/10 3:27 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Kimbos Beard - 
crunk404 - 

Not according to what I've read. What I've heard is that Anderson was much sharper and technically dominant, but couldn't handle Wand's power in 100% sparring.

Supposedly he used to box everybody up at CB, but then Wand KO'd him twice inside of one week, after which Anderson refused to ever spar with Wand again.

I love how people talk about this shit like they were there
2/12/10 4:46 PM
nofatchicks

HOLLYWOOD-MO - 
Kimbos Beard - 
crunk404 - 

I love how people talk about this shit like they were there

lol, the first guy says "I've also heard" and the second guy says "according to what I've read" and "supposedly".

It doesnt really look like anyone is talking about it like they were there.
2/12/10 4:51 PM
DevilsAdvocate

ausgepicht - 
DevilsAdvocate - ^^^No, friends have fought each other several times in the past. It's bullshit to be a fighter and not fight someone because you know him well. The only people they hang out with are each other.
Yeah no shit. Friends have fought each other. You act like it's some gold nugget that no one knew and you unleashed on us.

The point is that every friendship is different and maybe Wand values his friendship more. I have friends that I would fight no problem, but then there are friends I would NOT.

So what you meant to say is you have a soft spot for you boy toys...?
2/12/10 4:53 PM
Retard
765 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mooosaucy is the most likely replacement for Vitor.
2/12/10 5:24 PM
jkd4200

ausgepicht - You douchebags can't form decent friendships, so you think it's impossible for anyone else?
2/13/10 1:12 AM
Balance

thelibrasimilar - 
BruceLeeMMAfighting - Translation: Now that Belfort is out, Wanderlie vs Anderson may be a reality so I better be nice and stop talking smack.

are you shitting me?...

Translation: Wandy and Andy (and the UFC) both realize that Wandy will never, ever, ever be in position to fight for the MW belt. And Andy will never, ever be in position where he's more than one fight removed from a championship belt (worst case scenario).

Silva vs. Silva will never be a legit or wanted fight.

Cindy.

Cindy is right. The idea that Wand is scared of losing or getting hurt is ridiculous.
2/13/10 3:27 AM
EckY
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also heard that Wanderlei badly KOd Anderson and Anderson had to be sent to hospital. Chuteboxe used to go all out in training, there are a ton of stories of guys gettign KOd in sparring there. I remember a video came out not long ago of the gym initiation of some guy and he took a fucking beating, he had to go 1 minute wuith every guy in the gym and none of them held back, crazy stuff.
2/13/10 3:58 AM
Winston Wolf
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva lost to Pele in Mu Thai but also beat him they are 1-1 .SilvA also is muh better now
2/13/10 12:04 PM
eljamaiquino
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

remybonjasky - the article is up at http://www.portaldovt.com.br/english/
if you click on magazine in corner of screen then click on the back issue with anderson on the cover.Read the first magazine though the Pele interview its time you people get educated on chute boxe and the fact anderson is 0-3 against chute boxe fighters lost 2 times to pele in muay thai and once to another chute boxe student in mma for his first loss

I was just gonna mention this interview...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.