UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Buchholz released from UFC

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/12/10 6:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
959 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team

- JUSTIN BUCHHOLZ LATEST FIGHTER RELEASED FROM UFC
Friday, February 12, 2010 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com

Team Alpha Male fighter, Justin Buchholz, is the latest casualty of the UFC 109 fighter cuts as the Alaska native has been released from his contract following a loss to Mac Danzig last weekend.

The news of his release was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fighter on Friday.

Following a stint of fights in organizations like ICON and Elite XC, Buchholz moved over to the UFC in 2008, and entered their lightweight division.

After going 1-1 including a win over Corey Hill, Buchholz ran into some tough fights against Terry Etim and Jeremy Stephens, and he looked to bounce back when facing Danzig at UFC 109.

A back and forth battle ensued, but Buchholz came up short and lost a unanimous decision. For now, Buchholz will get back to training with Urijah Faber and his camp in Sacramento as several teammates get ready for upcoming fights.

2/12/10 6:13 PM
MillhouseMMA
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll be back, win or lose he's always exciting.
2/12/10 6:25 PM
DamonMMAWeekly
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big fan of Justin, and he's a kid that is always exciting in his fights. Sucks he got released, but I'm sure he'll work his way back.
2/12/10 6:30 PM
Crooklyn
959 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
I'm also a fan.
2/12/10 6:35 PM
Redneck
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Co-Host
That's a pity. He was good.
2/13/10 9:05 AM
Card
2884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that 6 fighers cut on one card.
2/13/10 9:08 AM
Blazing Knees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out with the old, in with the new
2/13/10 10:03 AM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If TJay and I were still running Icon we'd welcome back immediately. He's a great kid, exciting fighter, and always was a crowd favorite when he was our Hawaii LW State Champ. At the time he signed with the UFC I didn't think he was quite ready, and unfortunately I was right. But I think a time will come - maybe after a series of good wins and extended training - when he will be ready to return to the UFC.

Good luck Justin.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.