UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Gegard joined the UFC tomorrow...

2/13/10 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HardTimes
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...who would you want to see him fight first, and why?

Personally, I'd love to see him fight Rampage first. I think it'd be one helluva standup fight, as Gegard isn't afraid to trade with anyone. Of course if he got in danger he'd probably immediately look for the sub, but I think they'd bang right off the jump (with Mousasi taking the W).

Then I'd love to see him him fight the winner of Shogun/Machida (hopefully Shogun), for the strap.

What say you, UG?
2/13/10 7:37 PM
HardTimes
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
2/13/10 7:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi and Rampage are two of my favorites, I don't want to see that fight lol. Machida, Shogun, Rashad would be great fights for Mousasi.
2/13/10 7:44 PM
HardTimes

Timmy B - If he joined the UFC tomorrow, he would lose one of his 1st 3 fights and completely lose his luster to you fans.

Outside of Anderson Silva, who is in a weak division.... Nobody stays undefeated in the UFC.....

As for who I would want him to fight.... Jon Jones....

What does "you fans" mean??? And what's all this "won't go undefeated" talk???

The question was who you'd like to see him fight first. I detect underlying hate in your post.
2/13/10 7:49 PM
HardTimes

MaliceX - Ace

I wouldn't be opposed to this matchup, although Gegard's confidence in being able to move up to HW (at least at one point in time) leads me to believe there might be a considerable size difference. Although, Rich is a large MW and didn't look overweight when he fought Wand in that Catchweight bout.
2/13/10 7:50 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone like Jardine...an established name where Gegard would most likely win and look good doing so.
2/13/10 7:52 PM
HardTimes

jjj2121 - Someone like Jardine...an established name where Gegard would most likely win and look good doing so.

Goog point. I think that fight would look a lot like Jardine vs Thiago.
2/13/10 7:53 PM
cdmontgo
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thiago Silva
2/13/10 7:56 PM
Fenix
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - Someone like Jardine...an established name where Gegard would most likely win and look good doing so.

Yep Jardine always makes a good highlight reel KO for fighters.
2/13/10 8:00 PM
midwestbred
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timmy B - If he joined the UFC tomorrow, he would lose one of his 1st 3 fights and completely lose his luster to you fans.

Outside of Anderson Silva, who is in a weak division.... Nobody stays undefeated in the UFC.....

As for who I would want him to fight.... Jon Jones....

So you're discrediting Anderson's record in the UFC because he's in a weak division? Just Stop...
2/13/10 8:04 PM
TPhenom01
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him face the winner of Nogueira vs. Griffin (which will be Nogueira).
2/13/10 8:11 PM
BzGrappla

Gegard would put Franklin into retirement
2/13/10 8:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishRottie -  he is not ready for top 5 guys.

yea since 30 fights isn't enough experience.
2/13/10 8:28 PM
MW
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimbo
2/13/10 8:56 PM
AstroZombie707
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vera
2/13/10 8:58 PM
sparkuri

Edited: 02/13/10 9:29 PM
 He looks ready for a title fight to me.   It wouldn't bother me to see Jardine or Griffins' asses handed to them as well as their walking papers. Although they've both had good/important wins, I beleive they'd lose their rematches, and have always been overrated.
2/13/10 11:07 PM
mshagger
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy Couture. Ultimate test for Gegard. He beats Couture, the the loser of Shogun/Machida then a title shot. If he could win all three, then IMO he would be the baddest man on the planet.
2/13/10 11:27 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad, since I think Gegard could KO him.
2/14/10 12:04 AM
mshagger
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IrishRottie - Mousasi has been finishing fights easy at MW, LHW and HW in the last year.

He isnt ready for the shoguns and rampages but he would tool guys like vera.

Wow no respect for Vera. IMO Vera is going to have a great 2010. I wouldn't be shocked if he is contending by the end of the year.
2/14/10 3:23 AM
Boldar

Don't you think he should beat a decent B level LHW first before you start throwing him to the wolves at LHW? Gegard has a lot of potential so why ruin it? Let him win one or two at the B level first.
2/14/10 3:43 AM
DannyOcean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the best fight is someone who has a name but will also be a highlight for him

Jardine is good, probably the best matchup.

Or if he hypothetically joined the UFC trash the chuck/tito fight and let gegard whoop tito's ass. That'd be AWESOME in ALL CAPS.
2/14/10 3:54 AM
Mc6pack

i'd like his first fight to be against someone like Brandon Vera.
2/14/10 5:07 AM
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun
2/14/10 10:01 AM
jake11

franklin
2/14/10 1:37 PM
torquemada
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If smart, they'd bring him in against someone light but legit. The way they put Irvin against Silva in his 205 UFC debut. Legit but not considered a top name.

Build him up. To be honest I'm really surprised Gomi is getting Florian for his first fight...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.