UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Good, easy and quick baked fish recipes?

2/15/10 5:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are looking for some nice and easy recipes for baked fish?  The local mini-grocery store has a decent but limited selection of seafood.  They usually have Tilapia, Salmon and swordfish.  They also carry scallops and shrimps.

Any recommendations for quick and easy recipes for baked fish would be appreciated!
2/18/10 10:55 AM
MetaDevil
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't fuck with seafood too much.

simple pan-sears with lemon, capers, salt & pepper are really all you need.

Alton Brown has a pretty good thing on scallops.

Wild-caught fish is much better than farmed fish (both in taste and in nutrition). As for scallops, make sure to try and get Diver's scallops, they're fresh and people catching them don't sterilize large swathes of the sea floor with dredges.
2/19/10 12:47 AM
ashleigh11
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like to bake my fish in parchment paper. i julienne root vegetables (keep everything small or thin so it all cooks evenly)maybe some fennel, sprigs of fresh herbs, pat of butter, slice of lemon, salt, pepper. put it all in the oven.

pretty hard to fuck up poached or steamed fish.
2/28/10 2:51 PM
ashleigh11
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

another recipe i use with white fish like tilapia is to brown skin side down in an iron skillet, then smear with olive tapanade, little bit of feta or goat cheese, then add cherry tomatoes and fennel, finish in the oven.
2/28/10 8:21 PM
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys.  I'm going to try a few of these recipes this week.
3/1/10 8:17 PM
Pito Chueco
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next to frying, oven baking is my least favorite method to cook fish. IMO, baked fish always seem to be a bit drier than other methods.

Just use a grill pan. If you really want to bake, wrap in some parchment paper.
3/17/10 8:34 PM
samichlaus
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ashleigh11 - i like to bake my fish in parchment paper. i julienne root vegetables (keep everything small or thin so it all cooks evenly)maybe some fennel, sprigs of fresh herbs, pat of butter, slice of lemon, salt, pepper. put it all in the oven.

pretty hard to fuck up poached or steamed fish.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.