UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> Referees / Staff Members wanted for Vic Champs

3/23/10 6:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
4Fingers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Charles. Appreciate the feedback. That was my first attempt at reffing since prob 2002! Things have changed a little since then! The standard of competitor and the speed of the game is much higher these days! Great job on the weekend!
3/23/10 9:57 PM
Goodo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the comp was heaps better ran this year. Fridays times were spot on for mine and my team mates mats and saturday appeared to only be about 20 minutes late (not that I made it to the finals). This is a massive improvement on the last few years.

I thought the umpiring was pretty solid also. I'm pretty sure I saw the half guard sweep get missed that was mentioned above and I would have been pissed also if that was me. The only other thing we questioned was a guy who got two points for a sweep twice when one of our guys went for a footlock - this was confirmed by several people to be the right call so I guess we'll have a different gameplan around footlocks next time.

Congrats to the organisers I think you guys are slowly getting it right.
3/23/10 11:36 PM
Cuts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was well run. I think the biggest problem though and a big mistake was having ALL the Absolute matches on Saturday. I think the heats should of been on Friday and the Finals on Saturday like they once were.

I had to pull out of both the Abs NOGI and Abs GI because I wanted to focus on the final of my GI and NoGi divison as the ABS were BEFORE my Finals. This was my choice, I understand that. I just think it worked well when the heats were one day and the final the next.

that was my ONLY complaint for the weekend. I traveled down from Sydney to compete and was very impressed with it. I have done the Pan Pacs in the past and have walked away very pissed off with the lateness of matches and the way it was run. But they have almost got it worked out.

Good job.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.