Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DirtESanchez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timmy B - You people make me laugh...

"Sick fight"

"oh fuck yes this will be sick"

"Great match-up."

"Seriously awesome fight."

If the UFC put this fight together people would be bitching about Eddie Alvarez getting an easy fight.

In Neer's last 6 fights, he is 3-3 with losses to Diaz, Pellegrino, & Tibau. His only meaningful win is over Mac Danzig.

The guy couldn't even cut it against the lower level UFC Gatekeepers.....

And now he makes for a great fight with Eddie Alvarez?

The slanted views on this forum make it a complete joke...

Exactly!
2/16/10 9:00 PM
orcus

Neer is cool but his standup is nothing special and his wrestling is poor.
2/16/10 9:00 PM
Phundamental
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - What boy? Timmy fell into a well, well, well, motherfuckers?

best reply of the year right here.
2/16/10 9:17 PM
LayzieTheSavage
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Neer for the win.  
2/16/10 9:29 PM
smth416
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/16/10 9:50 PM
caposa - 
smth416 -  Oh no, was this even in question? Im in the city and am really looking forward to this season.

i've been trying to find out but havent had any luck

but i remember when Affliction aired it prelims live on FSN

MSG+ ended up airing them at like 2am

lets just hope this wont be the case with Bellator

Thinking about it there is little chance this will be live in NYC. Bellator season three starts on April 8th. The NHL regular season doesnt even end until April 11th. Then the Devils, Rangers and Islanders (well at least the Devils) will have months of playoffs. By the middle of season four the NHL pre-season and 2010-2011 season will start.

I have FIOS and do have MSG plus and MSG plus2. So maybe its possible but not likely.
2/16/10 9:47 PM
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR EDDIE!
2/16/10 10:17 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Styles make fights! Alvarez isnt going to lay and pray on Neer. This is gonna be a ridiculously exciting fight. Far from a cake walk for Alvarez.
2/16/10 10:31 PM
endochokedme
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant recall Alvarez stalling or resorting to lay and pray in the fights i have seen

this should be an exciting scrap.

what weight?
2/16/10 10:33 PM
combatacademy

Do your thing Josh and run that pain train..The Dentist wins I fucking guarantee it..Great fight but anytime NEER fights a tough explosive fighter like Alvarez it is going to be exciting. NEER is a beast!!
2/16/10 10:37 PM
THP

I'm picking Neer in this fight.
2/16/10 10:38 PM
Son of Neckbone
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be a great fight. What ignorant fuckers like Timmy B don't realize is that Neer and Alvarez are warriors, and this is a matchup real fans want to see. I'm picking the Dentist by upset and sheer ferocity.
THP

And yes, Alvarez is grossly overrated. MMA fans love a guy who goes out there and just brawls. Any good striker would whoop Alvarez' ass and that's a fact.

He's still damn fun to watch though.
jbapk

Timmy B - You people make me laugh...

"Sick fight"

"oh fuck yes this will be sick"

"Great match-up."

"Seriously awesome fight."

If the UFC put this fight together people would be bitching about Eddie Alvarez getting an easy fight.

In Neer's last 6 fights, he is 3-3 with losses to Diaz, Pellegrino, & Tibau. His only meaningful win is over Mac Danzig.

The guy couldn't even cut it against the lower level UFC Gatekeepers.....

And now he makes for a great fight with Eddie Alvarez?

The slanted views on this forum make it a complete joke...

Maybe it's like how Matt Veach made a great fight for Frankie Edgar. You know, the guy who was 1-0 in the UFC, and who by beating Edgar earned a title shot?

Or how Diego Sanchez earned a title shot off a split decision over 5-3 gatekeeper Clay Guida?

Or the half dozen or no names and 145 pounders Roger Huerta was feed in a row?

Hell, even BJ Penn getting a title shot by beating Jens Pulver, who was coming of a loss to a UFC newcomer?

Clearly the UFC never gives tune up fights or gimmes to its top fighters.
2/16/10 11:28 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like Alvarez, cool dude and fellow PA guy but i think Neer is a bad matchup for him. Who knows, ive been wrong before.
2/16/10 11:29 PM
Kirik
1636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
2/17/10 9:10 AM
fightfan531
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like this matchup a lot. both guys have exciting styles and fight at a pfast pace. alvarez is definitely a top 10 lightweight and neer is always dangerous.

alvarez is still young and getting better every year...i think he may need to tighten up his boxing a little and he would avoid getting dropped occasionaly. other than that, this kid is going to be even more of a monster by the end of the year.
2/17/10 9:17 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/17/10 9:16 AM
I remember when Bellator brought this up about having their champions fight catchweight fights when not defending their title. What exactly is the idea behind that?

He is fighting a guy who fights at 155, why make it a catchweight?
2/17/10 3:23 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THP - And yes, Alvarez is grossly overrated. MMA fans love a guy who goes out there and just brawls. Any good striker would whoop Alvarez' ass and that's a fact.

People said the same thing when Alvarez fought Dida, Hansen, and Kawajiri. He was supposed to be ko'ed by all of them but it didn't happen.
2/17/10 3:26 PM
orcus

"Clearly the UFC never gives tune up fights or gimmes to its top fighters."

I'm pretty sure his point was that no one is talking about this as a tune-up fight or a gimme, but rather jizzing over what a "seriously great matchup" it is.

2/17/10 4:06 PM
Lancifer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight-Time for iPhone, Tha Realness
 Great fight!  Will it be televised?
2/17/10 5:02 PM
racyringqueen

FOX Sports Net, NBC and Telemundo

Great fight, can't wait! Go NEER!
2/17/10 5:06 PM
CindyO

That's gonna be a good fight!

Cindy
2/22/10 1:41 PM
smth416

[quote]caposa - Alvarez should be fighting higher ranked opponents, but Neer is a very dangerous guy this is a great pick up by Bellator im also glad to see that their champions will get a few fights in during the season now i just have to hope MSG+ (new yorks FSN channel) will air the events live [/quote] 

This may be a good sign that Bellator will get live play on MSGplus or MSGplus2

mmajunkie.com/news/18035/with-msg-deal-bellator-headed-to-chicago-and-boston-for-upcoming-shows.mma
2/22/10 1:44 PM
ajl416az

cyberc92 - 
THP - And yes, Alvarez is grossly overrated. MMA fans love a guy who goes out there and just brawls. Any good striker would whoop Alvarez' ass and that's a fact.

People said the same thing when Alvarez fought Dida, Hansen, and Kawajiri. He was supposed to be ko'ed by all of them but it didn't happen.
thats because Hansen and Kawajiri arent good strikers

but if you actually watched the Dida fight, you would see what happens when a real striker comes for that chin Eddie always leaves hangin.
2/22/10 1:47 PM
pierrot lunaire

Alvarez is massively overrated and only by a few kiddies on the fan sites. I am not sure he is a better wrestler than Neer anyway.

I say either Alvarez gets the KO early or Neeer wins in round three or by decision. I don't think a long fight favors Alvarez.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.