UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Owls are facking chill

2/17/10 10:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MXR
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops -  I was golfing in Roswell, NM. There were holes all over the course (not the cups). I figured little mice or something lived in there. I started sticking my club in one hole and I was completely prepared for a little mouse to run out at me. A fuckin owl flew outta the hole straight at me. I screamed like a girl.

Owned by an owl
2/17/10 10:11 AM
Pratty
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/17/10 10:26 AM
07BSPXR
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/17/10 10:27 AM
sacredhate - 
Hemlock - The crows here fly in numbers overtop of an owl's nest and will poop on them repeatedly, trying to get the owl to groom the shit from it's feathers. It is a good way to kill an owl.

However

What sometimes happens is the owl gets pissed and takes cover. Then when the crows head back to where they congregate the owl will follow them and start it's attack.

The owl will stay and dust every damned last one of them, usually pulling the heads from the crow's bodies.

wtf....how does grooming = death
 they get the shit in their mouths and it probably poisons them after enough "grooming"

2/17/10 10:34 AM
imeaniguess
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought it was about the band, Owls at first...they're also chill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czpthYgOF9g
2/17/10 10:34 AM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

07BSPXR - 
sacredhate - 
Hemlock - The crows here fly in numbers overtop of an owl's nest and will poop on them repeatedly, trying to get the owl to groom the shit from it's feathers. It is a good way to kill an owl.

However

What sometimes happens is the owl gets pissed and takes cover. Then when the crows head back to where they congregate the owl will follow them and start it's attack.

The owl will stay and dust every damned last one of them, usually pulling the heads from the crow's bodies.

wtf....how does grooming = death
 they get the shit in their mouths and it probably poisons them after enough "grooming"

Yes they get toxic and die

The Crows The
2/17/10 10:37 AM
balloon knotter
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was plowing snow one night in a narrow alley. i spooked a couple pigeons from the eves of the building and one flew through the headlights.

there was a puff of feathers and a noise like a ball hitting a catchers mitt. i looked and there was an owl sitting on top of a pigeon in the snow. he turned his neck without turning his body and looked right at me, then lifted off and took the pigeon with him.

all that was left was a few drops of blood in the snow.
2/17/10 10:44 AM
The Dark Canuck
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snowy owl ftw:

http://sdakotabirds.com/species_photos/photos/snowy_owl_2.jpg
2/17/10 12:13 PM
aamn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/17/10 12:22 PM
Col Angus
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Birds are disgusting. All birds.
2/17/10 12:30 PM
watch_lookoutawhale_videos
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

balloon knotter - i was plowing snow one night in a narrow alley. i spooked a couple pigeons from the eves of the building and one flew through the headlights.

there was a puff of feathers and a noise like a ball hitting a catchers mitt. i looked and there was an owl sitting on top of a pigeon in the snow. he turned his neck without turning his body and looked right at me, then lifted off and took the pigeon with him.

all that was left was a few drops of blood in the snow.

TITS!!!
2/17/10 2:31 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevia cures cancer - 
guy1 -  jesus what are you guys, amatures??

2/17/10 2:32 PM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Col Angus - Birds are disgusting. All birds.

I will agree with this.

I find birds....unnerving
2/17/10 2:34 PM
flowerfeeder
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking chill as shit.
2/17/10 2:43 PM
zunk1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whooooo? whoooooo!
2/17/10 2:45 PM
Cookie Monster
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to a birds of prey show at a local pet store. They had hawks and falcons as well as a couple of owls. The most impressive muthafucker of the whole lot was a Great Horned Owl. That stout son of a bitch was the dimensions of a fire hydrant and its talons were bigger than my hand and looked incredibly strong. Handler said he was a large Great Horned Owl by GHO standards, but my God that bird was impressive and chill.

He just cooly scanned every person in the store and had the look of absolute confidence, as if to say, "Yeah, I can take any fucker in here."
2/17/10 2:56 PM
jkd_guy
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guy1 - 
stevia cures cancer - 
guy1 -  jesus what are you guys, amatures??

2/17/10 3:02 PM
FreeCandy
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photobucket
2/17/10 3:07 PM
siouxNYC
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

one of my uncles on the reservation had a pet owl. he'd collect all the free puppies and kittens advertised in the newspaper as needing a home, and then he'd feed them to it. i'm pretty sure he didn't bother killing the puppies and kittens first, either.
2/17/10 3:15 PM
Hemlock

siouxNYC - one of my uncles on the reservation had a pet owl. he'd collect all the free puppies and kittens advertised in the newspaper as needing a home, and then he'd feed them to it. i'm pretty sure he didn't bother killing the puppies and kittens first, either.

Jesus Fucking Christ
2/17/10 3:15 PM
Dr Gonzo
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it begins....

2/17/10 4:07 PM
Mr B
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/76/1180903668_2.jpg
2/17/10 4:50 PM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/17/10 4:54 PM
seandiesel
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this thread delivers. i also concur
2/17/10 5:24 PM
KurtC
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subfuckingscribed! owls are bad ass!
2/17/10 5:49 PM
guy1

FreeCandy - Photobucket

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.