UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Going to see Clapton and Daltry

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/17/10 10:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

March 2 in Tulsa. I`m excited because I`ve never seen either one before.
2/18/10 1:47 PM
Extendo
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, saw Clapton last year for the first time because he had Derek Trucks with him and it would probably be the closest I could get to hearing Derek and the Dominoes tracks with Duane gone.

Going to see Clapton and Jeff Beck on Sunday night. I'll report back.
2/18/10 7:26 PM
whaledog
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.  Let us know how they sound.
2/19/10 8:44 AM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - Cool, saw Clapton last year for the first time because he had Derek Trucks with him and it would probably be the closest I could get to hearing Derek and the Dominoes tracks with Duane gone.

Going to see Clapton and Jeff Beck on Sunday night. I'll report back.

Since I`ll be seeing him in Tulsa I`m hoping JJ Cale shows up though he doesn`t live there any longer. Leon Russell has been sick so I doubt he`ll get up. Carl Radle died so he won`t be coming.. Jamie Oldaker might be there.. A couple of guys I know got to play on some of those Tulsa recordings with Eric and I know they are excited to get to see him again, though they doubt he remembers them..lol

Eric has a long history with Tulsa musicians it should be a blast!
2/19/10 9:43 AM
Extendo
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still have yet to see JJ Cale live and I listen to him almost every day.

Hope that comes true for you. That would be an amazing surprise guest.
3/10/10 8:49 AM
Hillbilly

Great show! Roger Daltry suprised the hell out of me though I`ve been a fan for 35 years.. He kicked ass and so did Pete Townsends brother on guitar.

Eric was awesome of course. Man can that write and play a song!! SOOO smooth.
3/11/10 12:51 PM
whaledog
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pete Townsend has a brother?  Who knew?

Sounds like a great show.
3/11/10 1:26 PM
Extendo

Clapton was pretty sleepy in Toronto. Jeff Beck completely blew him off the stage.
3/12/10 8:19 AM
Hillbilly

Extendo - Clapton was pretty sleepy in Toronto. Jeff Beck completely blew him off the stage.

He was extra good in Tulsa playing with Tulsa Musicians, not a bit sleepy. I doubt anyone would have blown him off the stage that night.
3/12/10 9:21 AM
Extendo

You are lucky, Hillbilly. Sounds like a great show.
3/16/10 8:39 AM
Hillbilly

Extendo - You are lucky, Hillbilly. Sounds like a great show.

The way my winter has been it was great just to get the hell out of this house! I sure wanted to see Beck.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.