UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> MAGIC BJJ in East Lansing - grand opening Feb 20th

2/18/10 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lansingbjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those interested MAGIC BJJ in East Lansing, MI is having our grand opening on Saturday, Febuary 20th, from 10am - 4pm to celebrate moving to our new location.

There will be free BJJ classes (Gi and No-GI) as well as a Muay Thai. Some special guests such as Tyrone Gooden (Rigan Machado Black Belt) will be on site doing his thing. Stop in for a class or to just check us out. We will have food and drink around noon as well as free massages in the morning.

For more information check out www.magicbjj.com or call 517-614-1376.

Hope to see you there!

Matthew Linsemier
Machado BJJ Purple Belt
2/18/10 11:54 PM
Crabnation

You are a purple belt? How long have you been training?
2/19/10 9:58 AM
lansingbjj

Edited: 02/19/10 10:02 AM
@ Crabnation

I have been training around 3 years, 5-6 times a week plus privates. I would note that I was just recently promoted to my purple belt through our affiliation through EWMA. My main training partner and one of the other instructors was also just promoted to his purple belt as well. We have a good group of students, all mature, and we strive to offer a safe training environment. In the Lansing area I believe we offer a top notch school for BJJ. Feel free to contact me any time!

@ RedCoat

Monthly is $55.00 for all the BJJ you can eat (5 classes a week)
2/19/10 11:10 AM
Samuraidog

Good luck with the new gym.

Which Machado were you promoted by? Rigan? Carlos?
2/19/10 2:48 PM
lansingbjj

@ Samuraidog

I was promoted by Tyrone Gooden and Ryan Firoenzi, both Black Belts under Rigan Machado.

Also, thanks. It's a smaller gym, focusing on BJJ mostly, but we are also trying to be sensible in regards to size so we can actually keep it open! It seems that gyms come and go to quickly in this current economy.
2/19/10 3:56 PM
PAC MAN

lansingbjj - @ Samuraidog

I was promoted by Tyrone Gooden and Ryan Firoenzi, both Black Belts under Rigan Machado.

Also, thanks. It's a smaller gym, focusing on BJJ mostly, but we are also trying to be sensible in regards to size so we can actually keep it open! It seems that gyms come and go to quickly in this current economy.

im sure he knows he is reputable if he got his rank by coming up thur EWMA
2/19/10 3:57 PM
PAC MAN

also good luck !
2/20/10 2:30 PM
The Ghost13

Edited: 02/20/10 2:30 PM
Good luck with your school. Who is teaching muay Thai there? Aaron Fisher www.sommaigym.com
2/22/10 7:43 AM
fuerstma

Additional details on the Muay Thai program would be awesome. As Aaron mentioned who is teaching. Do you have any bags, thai pads, kick pads? Right now is MT only Monday and Friday? I'd recommend you add some constant pages to your site instead of the current "blog only" style postings.

BTW - Hey Aaron, this is Matt Fuerst. We met a few times when you would come up and train with Matee. Looks like you are living the dream man, congrats!
2/22/10 11:34 AM
The Ghost13

Hey Matt, How's things? Still training with Matee? I'm living the dream all right, nothing but Thai Boxing day and night!
2/23/10 12:44 PM
lansingbjj

Thanks for all of the good fortune.

In regards to Muay Thai, Mary Fogal is teaching the class. There is a Monday / Friday class and then Wednesday is a open training where they are usually doing some sparring. We are pretty light on the equipment right now as the gym is pretty small, but we are working on getting more and expanding the space when necessary.

Also, thanks for the ideas on the website. Right now we are handling everything in house, but at some point (when I actually get a little extra money), we will look at having someone do a redesign of the website. I like the blog format for keeping up to date on events, but your right, static pages would help a bit. You can get to some of them on the right, but we are still working on content.

Grand opening was a success. Had allot of people and fun.

Matt
2/27/10 1:53 PM
Kyle Cooley
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a former Spartan, I'm pleased to see this. I used to run a "club" at MSU teaching no gi Jiu Jitsu in the judo room of IM West. Where are you guys located?
2/27/10 10:29 PM
lansingbjj

Edited: 02/27/10 10:30 PM
We are right around the corner from El Aztaco, across from the Marriot parking ramp, in the basement of the 301 building. It's not a huge space or anything, but we set it up nice and are off to a good start... We looked around and couldn't beat the price and location!

Matt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.