UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alvarez talks Neer -important to go after UFC guys

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/18/10 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://hardcoresportsradio.com/content/media/podcasts/aa9c1eaa-b893-4f0c-a776-9de2dd50dfc1.mp3

206bequ 

Eddie Alvarez (19-2)
- My biggest opponent is me.. I can't just win by decisions, I have to put guys away to make a statement
- I don't know why I'm not defending the title against Josh Neer
- Fight will take place end of May. Fighting in Philly would be a dream, but I don't think it will be possible
- The famous "Wrestling crucifix": "wasn't that funky? I looked at the crowd while I was in it and thought 'can anyone tell me what to do here?'"
- It's important for me to go after UFC guys
- I don't have to hate my opponent, we both are doing the same thing, fighting for money

Josh Neer (27-9-1)
- I don't like fighting guys that lay on me, and Eddie is a standup fighter
- Expecting a standup fight with Eddie Alvarez
- Bellator deal is for 3 fights
- I've worked on not chasing my opponent... my two losses in the UFC I was chasing my opponent and that's why they brought me down
- If I beat Eddie Alvarez, I am guaranteed a title shot

2/18/10 1:20 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I def respect Neer. He's got skill, size, and heart. I hope he prepares himself well because if not, he's going to get stopped.
2/18/10 1:23 PM
JoeVIP
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight.
2/18/10 1:28 PM
Uncle Justice
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/18/10 1:57 PM
nostripewhite
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timmy B - It's important to fight the guys who couldn't cut it in the UFC?

Now that is a winner mentality!!

Well, other then fighting guys who haven't made it yet what would you suggest? He fight people who are currently in the UFC?
2/18/10 2:00 PM
Hus

IrishRomo - eddie is going to beat him up. this is an elite top 5 lw here.

An elite top-5 lw that only wants to fight UFC flunky's.  He should be persuing Strikeforce and Gilbert Melendez (want's no part of it) or a rematch with Aoki (would get subbed again)...or a fight with anyone who is relevant in the rankings.  Nope.  He only wants to fight guys who were in the UFC and got cut for losing.
2/18/10 2:29 PM
FieryErmine

Josh is really good when he's on his game. I don't know if it's just because his opponents have been better lately, but he hasn't looked as vicious as I've come to expect from him. I hope he brings his best game to fight Eddie, because Eddie is no joke and if he fights like he has in his last couple of fights Eddie will make him look like a punk.
2/18/10 2:36 PM
hmb

Neer is the man, true fighting skills.
2/18/10 3:07 PM
Uncle Justice
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timmy B - It's important to fight the guys who couldn't cut it in the UFC?

Now that is a winner mentality!!
It is, actually. 

Other than Hus' suggestion that he fights people still in the UFC, which is impossible, that means he's fighting the best competition available.

Neer had respectable decision losses to many top UFC LW's, so it's a good measuring stick for a top-ranked LW outside of the UFC.

You do present an interesting new spin on disparaging non-UFC fighters though.  Well done.

2/18/10 3:27 PM
anunaki
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hus - 

An elite top-5 lw that only wants to fight UFC flunky's.  He should be persuing Strikeforce and Gilbert Melendez (want's no part of it) or a rematch with Aoki (would get subbed again)...or a fight with anyone who is relevant in the rankings.  Nope.  He only wants to fight guys who were in the UFC and got cut for losing.

This^^^^

I know hes gettin some paper in bellator, but he needs a sherk type apponent or a fight with gil or johs thomspon.
2/18/10 5:48 PM
Uncle Justice

anunaki - 
Hus - 

This^^^^

I know hes gettin some paper in bellator, but he needs a sherk type apponent or a fight with gil or johs thomspon.

Except... Eddie is signed with BELLATOR, they fight for STRIKEFORCE.

That tiny little problem might get in the way.

Without some major finessing, he is unlikely to fight anyone who is currently signed with a competing promotion.

2/18/10 5:57 PM
Marion Cobretti
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i got neer... hes the man...
2/18/10 7:35 PM
THP

I hope Neer whoops his ass. Alvarez is grossly overrated on these boards
2/19/10 1:35 AM
CONVEYOR BELT

THP - I hope Neer whoops his ass. Alvarez is grossly overrated on these boards

Sounds like you may need a little HATERADE!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.