UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Issue with a car dealership - Advice

2/18/10 8:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DevilDawg
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I bought a car in October. I sent them emails for over 3 months asking about my change of title. They kept blowing me off telling me to just wait for it, it will come. I sent emails and noone would reply when I make a phone call, all they would say is that it's coming.

Finally I couldnt take it anymore, so I call CA DMV. They say that the reason being is that the dealership put in the wrong dealer code so its not recognized. I immediately tell them about it, and they say they will do something about it. I don't get my transfer of title until 3 weeks after my tags expired. All this time I couldnt pay my registration cause the car is not under my name.

I check with DMV, and I now owe $156 in penalties. I had to take a day of work to take care of this, and had to pay the extra penalties just so I don't get a fix it ticket.

The sales manager says he will reimburse me for the $156 dollars, but I think something is owed for the time I had to take PTO from work. Can I take them to small claims court for what time lost at work, I didn't lose pay but I did have to use a vacation day for it?
2/19/10 11:38 PM
Fake Pie
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted my response on your OG thread.
3/1/10 12:07 PM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just ask them to service your car a couple times.

stephen
3/2/10 11:54 AM
DevilDawg
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their sending me a check. I was going to ask about servicing my car a few times as a win win, but I think the way I gathered facts and threw it on the email made them think otherwse.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.