UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Some U.S. Soccer Updates

2/19/10 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pinback
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/10 2:39 PM

After all of shitty luck US Soccer has seen over the last few months, it's good to see some good news/progress here recently. Here are some recent and notable updates for the other 3 people that actually visit this forum.

-Donovan is doing very well at Everton. Just awarded Everton player of the month by the fans.

-Freddy has finally found a starting position on 18 month loan to Aris of Greece. 2 goals and 1 assist in his first 222 minutes. He's probably a long shot at this point, but this certainly doesn't hurt his chances of making the WC squad.

-Eddie Johnson also doing fairly well at Aris. I've seen a couple games. Explosive as always... still a little clueless at times, but his work rate and back-line pressure looks to have improved. There may still be a chance of him earning a roster spot.

-Onyewu returned to training yesterday after his long lay-off.

-Davies returned to France this week to continue his rehab under Sochaux. They expect him to be training with the team in one month. I really think this kid is going to pull it off and be at least 70 minutes fit for the WC.

-Torres has returned from injury and scored last week for Pachuca. Nice free kick from 30 yards out.

-Dempsey is still expected to be back by the end of the EPL season.

-Jermaine Jones is supposedly pain-free now. He is working with the ball and doing light running. They are being extra cautious with his return due the prior set-backs. He is expected to resume full training in 3-4 weeks.

US Soccer--World Cup 2010 Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBlpzVSOCQ
3/2/10 12:05 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You just made my day, man. I had no idea Johnson and Adu were doing anything but picking splinters out of their asses. Actually, I don't believe you in their cases lol

Great to hear the injuries are healing so quickly. I didn't think Gooch would be close to training.

Davies is already expected to start training again within the month? Wow!
3/2/10 10:20 PM
Pinback
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This video might make your head explode.

Adu to Johnson for the goal.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVuA7ECk-c
3/4/10 10:35 AM
grizz632
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stuart Holden broke his leg in the loss to the Dutch yesterday. Out around 6 weeks
3/4/10 12:13 PM
invalid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For fuck's sake. That dude didn't even get carded.

We're cursed this WC

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.