UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> iTunes to home stereo via bluetooth/wireless?

2/19/10 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
garrote2007
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anybody recommend any setups that can do this? any help or step in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
2/21/10 12:43 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can skip the wireless & itunes, & stream both audio & video from your pc to your xbox or PS3 (& subsequently your stereo) using a UPnP streamer like TVersity.
3/14/10 6:56 PM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should really hardwire it if at all possible.  There will be some fidelity loss even with the best setup.  That said, there are numerous inexpensive audio transmitters on the market.  Most of them have RCA jacks, so you'll also need a 1/8" male stereo plug to female stereo RCA adapter to go from your sound card to the transmitter.  Then you would just plug the (radio) receiver into the (stereo system) receiver as usual. 

There are also receivers on the market that have WiFi built in that can stream directly from an iTunes server and the remote has all the iTunes controls built in.  This would probably be the best wireless setup, but I'm sure you weren't planning on spending a grand. 

I have my PC just wired directly to the receiver, but the only time I really use that setup is with my outdoor speakers.  I just have my laptop outside and I remote into the desktop and control it from there. 
3/28/10 6:42 PM
THATSCRAPTASTIC

Logitech Squeezebox is your friend.

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/
3/28/10 8:46 PM
pray for death

I've been having good luck using the Apple Airport Express.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.