UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Advice for Beginning Poker Player

3/16/10 10:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaveFu
1412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is your screen name on stars? I'll stop in and watch you play from time to time if you like.

It looks like you're running well, don't confuse that for great success, I'm not saying you're bad just that you're in the middle of an upswing. It takes 100s of thousands of hands to determine a win rate.
3/17/10 10:44 AM
Hob
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alabama Man - Hob that graph is hilarious. Thanks for the advice everyone. I am studying the book my friend Hob gave me and TOP every day.

Here is my graph from .01/.02 cash games on Poker Stars:

Wow, that's AWESOME for .01/.02 AB!!!1

3/17/10 2:04 PM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dave and Hob. I am fully aware I suck and don't know what to do. This is revealed more and more to me as I read the two Skalanksy books. A lot of the players at .1/.2 just call every hand.
3/17/10 8:42 PM
DaveFu
1412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should also go to twoplustwo.com and go to their micro stakes forum and look for their strategy sticky. ToP is great for conceptual knowledge, but it wont teach you the nuts and bolts of no limit hold em. I would look into The Sklansky NL book and the Harrington Cash Games.
3/17/10 8:49 PM
Hob
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just keep playing dood.  AM is a math whiz.  He will crush the game in no time flat. 
3/17/10 9:50 PM
DaveFu

I think I am going to take all my posts on this thread and consolidate them on their own thread.
4/21/10 2:29 PM
Retard
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ndfs
5/3/10 10:04 AM
billid
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did I ever send that email AM?

I'll shoot it out now.
5/3/10 10:19 AM
billid
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw, how are you doing?
5/3/10 11:26 AM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entered a 600+ person tourney last night and came in 13th. I enjoyed it a lot, especially since Ive been playing so much cash lately.
5/6/10 12:29 PM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hi billid,

just got your article and am reading it (i've been out of town).

i have been doing pretty well. my bank roll is sitting at $100. i've been playing regularly like every day. i am still trying to absorb the fundamentals and play TAG poker. i am playing 2NL on pokerstars as richarjs.

i bought a membership at the grinderschool.com . it's a video/instruction site aimed at low stakes players. i think it's helped my game a lot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.