UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Benji Radach suffers snakebite, MRSA, surgery

2/20/10 1:34 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Benji Radach has traveled down this road too many times before.

The 30-year-old middleweight underwent surgery on Thursday to clean out a staph infection that resulted from a procedure two weeks ago in which doctors repaired a torn pectoral muscle. Radach, who thinks it will be four to six months before he can train, may not be fit to compete again until 2011.

Radach has a long-standing relationship with the injury bug. Bitten by a brown recluse spider in 2004, he developed an infection that carved a golf ball-sized hole out of his leg. Still, he accepted a match against Chris Leben under the Sportfight banner and suffered a broken jaw in two places for his troubles. Radach eventually missed nearly three years of competition, as he underwent surgeries for a herniated disc and torn knee ligament, the latter of which resulted in a serious MRSA staph infection that led to talk of possible amputation. Broken hands and a broken collarbone have rounded out his injury checklist.

“I was trying to stay in decent shape,” he said. “I thought I had warmed up enough. The first thing out of my mouth was, ‘F--k, f--k, f--k!’ I felt like my shoulder was going to come out of the socket. I’ve never had it come out before, but that’s what I thought was happening.”

“Lying on my back, I couldn’t put my arm straight up,” Radach said. “My whole arm was full of blood, down to my hand. They said, sure enough, I had torn [my pectoral muscle] from the bone.”

The UFC and International Fight League veteran underwent surgery to repair the muscle two weeks ago, but earlier this week, a new problem surfaced when Radach returned to the gym -- MRSA staph, a drug-resistant bacterial infection.

His doctor bore bad news. A second procedure was required.

“He aspirated it -- cut it about an inch and a half deep and two inches wide and squeezed all this s--t out -- and packed it full of gauze,” Radach said. “It was nasty. We’ll have to keep doing that until it heals. It has to heal from the inside out. Whenever a person has MRSA, it makes them more susceptible to it. I just hope it doesn’t kill me at some point.”

read entire artcle...

2/20/10 1:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jaysonv2277
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*shakes head*
2/20/10 1:40 AM
S0ME0NE_BETTER

I kind of skimmed, but i dont see shit about a snake bite...
2/20/10 1:43 AM
D_S_A

spiders are a kind of snake, everyone knows this
2/20/10 3:10 AM
Pain4Blood2

LOL at this FAIL.
2/20/10 3:19 AM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/20/10 3:34 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope his forearm will recover from the snakebite.
2/20/10 3:47 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the amount of staph infection in the States is crazy
2/20/10 4:20 AM
Crooklyn
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck Support Team
LoganClark - I hope his forearm will recover from the snakebite.

Where did it see he was bitten by a snake?  I must be blind because I'm not seeing it.
2/20/10 4:22 AM
Hocky Balboa
7379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this article tells me, is that Anderson "The Snake" Silva vs. Kendall "Da Snyke" Grove needs to happen...Before it's too late.
2/20/10 6:04 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - 
LoganClark - I hope his forearm will recover from the snakebite.

Where did it see he was bitten by a snake?  I must be blind because I'm not seeing it.

If you click on the link then you will see the title:

Snakebitten Radach Undergoes Surgery, Battles Staph

If he is "snakebitten" then it HAS to mean he suffered a snake bite, right?

*facepalm*
2/20/10 6:19 AM
CindyO

Variant(s): or snake·bit·ten \-?bi-t?n\
Function: adjective
Date: 1957

: having or experiencing failure or bad luck : unlucky

Cindy

2/20/10 6:21 AM
CindyO

snarachnid, IMO.

Cindy
2/20/10 8:04 AM
Chomas
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

S0ME0NE_BETTER - I kind of skimmed, but i dont see shit about a snake bite...

That's the UG news' "translation" of the article title. hehe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.