UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> It's been a long time

2/20/10 10:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willybone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/10 10:26 PM

Started by new tattoo today. It's been almost 20 years since I've gotten a tattoo. We got the lines and some of the shading done.

It's my wife as Kali (with only 8 arms). She's holding a halligan and a firehose (she's a firefighter), a cupcake (she bakes), a wedding ring (she loves me), a paintbrush (an artist), a flower (gardener), a baby bottle (two girls, hopefully more), and holding her breasts (they're fucking fabulous).

In two weeks, lots of color. Whoo Hoo! 
2/20/10 10:23 PM
Willybone
442 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/10 10:25 PM
 Hotness of real wife for comparison.

2/21/10 9:20 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great start!

Great concept!

Cant wait to see it progress.

I just got a pretty big cover up a few months back. Thinking about going in for some work on my right forearm. That's the last bit of real estate Im gonna get done for a while.
2/22/10 3:13 AM
Ze Dano
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice work...and yes your wife does have teh hotness
2/22/10 3:51 AM
PembrokePinesVillain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not a fan of the 8 armed lady but i love your twist on it, cool idea. hope you guys live along and fabulous life, i cant wait to get more ink in honor of my wife, i have so many ideas and not enough time
2/24/10 3:54 PM
KingBodhi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see the finished work. It's a great concept, cool way to make it your own.
3/20/10 7:43 PM
Willybone

Whew.
Second session today. I had a bunch of detail suggestions that he went through before he started using any color.
I still need at least one more session to do the blue of the water and the yellow/orange sunburst behind the figure.

Still, I'm pretty stoked.

3/21/10 12:28 AM
DukeIsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks great, man.
3/21/10 6:23 PM
theBEAToff

NOICE!
4/5/10 4:43 PM
skrump
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, looks fukin awesome man.

very cool concept too.
4/6/10 12:59 PM
BobAsh

Wow, I love it.
4/6/10 1:24 PM
Willybone

On Saturday, I went in to the get the remaining color but he was running late and only got the water finished.

So, it's at least one more time to get the sunburst/orange/yellow disc behind the figure.
After that, there's some fill in I'd like him to do on the shoe, shading on the arms to make them rounder and less flat, a toenail on her foot, more yellow in her eyes... etc. Just tweaks.
But, so far, I am amped with the way this is looking.
4/7/10 12:43 PM
DukeIsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome. It looks really good.
5/8/10 3:04 PM
Willybone

Mrs. Willybone

He put in the sun and a little touchup on her foot.

5/8/10 3:25 PM
DukeIsh

Thanks for the play-by-play. It looks great, wear it proudly!
5/19/10 12:12 AM
T-Ham
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice, it looks great!!

How many hours from start to finish?
5/19/10 8:57 AM
Willybone

Edited: 05/19/10 8:58 AM
T-Ham -  Very nice, it looks great!!
 How many hours from start to finish?
Thanks! The positive feedback here is great because I don't have a lot of pro-tattoo people in my circle of friends and family. They all think I'm nuts.
I'm up to about 8-9 hours now. (and about $1000 *sob*).

I might do yet another session, as he's proposing going over the figure with some more shading and light brown highlights to make it more lifelike.
But, I'm happy enough with it now that I can wait a couple months on that. As sort of a game, I've been paying for this by selling toys I don't use anymore, so I need to find some more eBay fodder to continue.
5/20/10 9:01 AM
BobAsh

Pfft, it's only money. You'll make more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.