UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> When will Pride fighters worship end?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/21/10 11:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Prophecy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is getting ridiculous.

The days leading into UFC 110 and post event reactions by Pride nuthuggers is really laughable. They come to internet forums and act like little school girls when it comes to Wanderlei Silva. "Wandy" worship has become the norm here and the thing for new members to imitate to be accepted as "Hard core fans", a prestige only given to Pride nuthuggers.

We have these same nerdy little fanboys crying over Nog getting KTFO. Reality hits hard even after they denied it when he was stopped by Frank Mir. And don't give me the "Big Nog is a legend man" bull crap. Chuck Liddell is a legend, you didn't cry when he got KOed by Rashad, did you? What about when he was stopped by Shogun? No you thought it was great.

Every time when a Pride fighter loses it's always because of one of two things: 1- Either because this fighter was not healthy during the time of the fight. or 2- He is past his prime, and if the fight was during his Pride days it would have never happened. It's NEVER because the UFC fighter that beat the Pride fighter is better.

Pride is dead. You should have died with it over trying to live a fantasy all your lives. MMA evolves which is why no so called legend can continue to dominate regardless of age. New fighters study the old fighters and they figure them out, then they figure out how to beat them and they do.
2/21/10 11:16 PM
Non N00B
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRAT TROLL
2/21/10 11:17 PM
quidnunc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you're just part of that cycle dude. there only reason you're making a post like this is because youre partial to something else. so yeah this is getting ridiculous, the internet is full of ridiculous tribalism over this and that
2/21/10 11:21 PM
the dazzle

Listen! and listen good bitch.. NEVER, thats when. now fuck off and stop reminding of the good old days.

WAR PRIDE!
2/21/10 11:22 PM
The Prophecy

quidnunc - you're just part of that cycle dude. there only reason you're making a post like this is because youre partial to something else. so yeah this is getting ridiculous, the internet is full of ridiculous tribalism over this and that

I'm sorry but it bothers me that someone is taking credit away from my favorite fighter only because he didn't FIGHTZ IN PRIDEZ
2/21/10 11:23 PM
The Prophecy

Non N00B - FRAT TROLL

Yeah we get it. Anyone who is not a Pride nuthugger and speak out against them is a troll. This is how you guys drive out normal MMA fans and you stay and rule the forums.
2/21/10 11:24 PM
The Prophecy

Monsters Ball - Pride went 2-1 last night so show respect.

Zuffa knew which stars to use to open up a new market. They took 3 of Pride's biggest stars to enter Australia with.

This is irrelevant to anything I said in my post.
2/21/10 11:24 PM
CatastrophicReaction

I don't mind it.  When Pride was still around? I admit that I was a little sick of them acting as if they had all the best fighters in teh world, etc.  When Pride fell? I kinda laughed. But felt bad for the Pride fan-base.  

Now? i dont care. I like to watch good fighters in good fights vs other good fighters I don't care where they come from.

2/21/10 11:26 PM
The Prophecy

the dazzle - Listen! and listen good bitch.. NEVER, thats when. now fuck off and stop reminding of the good old days.

WAR PRIDE!

I really don't know what to say to such a childish post like this. You Pride fanboys are either bunch of little kids or stoners living in your parents basement. No one can be this delusional.

Pride is dead. The sooner you accept it the easier for you to move on.
2/21/10 11:26 PM
Loadin76
1480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell as a self admitting Tuff Noob I can even say that Pride and their fighters are part of the bigger picture... just after watching TUF 1 I was then introduced to Wand vs Cro Cop and was hooked to all things MMA... so Pride will never die...
2/21/10 11:27 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Prophecy - 
quidnunc - you're just part of that cycle dude. there only reason you're making a post like this is because youre partial to something else. so yeah this is getting ridiculous, the internet is full of ridiculous tribalism over this and that

I'm sorry but it bothers me that someone is taking credit away from my favorite fighter only because he didn't FIGHTZ IN PRIDEZ
im sorry but it bothers me that you are taking credit away from my favorite fighter because he fought in pride

2/21/10 11:29 PM
The Prophecy

CatastrophicReaction -  I don't mind it.  When Pride was still around? I admit that I was a little sick of them acting as if they had all the best fighters in teh world, etc.  When Pride fell? I kinda laughed. But felt bad for the Pride fan-base.  

Now? i dont care. I like to watch good fighters in good fights vs other good fighters I don't care where they come from.

I agree that it used to be terrible back in the days when Pride was there. But now the situation is even stranger. The discussion transformed from "Who is the best fighter" to a little school girl crush on "Wandy". It's really not normal. It makes me feel that MMA forums are safe havens to psychos.
2/21/10 11:30 PM
The Prophecy

bongwater7654 - 
The Prophecy - 

im sorry but it bothers me that you are taking credit away from my favorite fighter because he fought in pride

Only when your favorite fighter gets KTFO and you refuse to accept it.

I don't have anything against Pride fighters, I have something against Pride fanatics.
2/21/10 11:33 PM
DomenicVelluso
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Prophecy - 
the dazzle - Listen! and listen good bitch.. NEVER, thats when. now fuck off and stop reminding of the good old days.

WAR PRIDE!

I really don't know what to say to such a childish post like this. You Pride fanboys are either bunch of little kids or stoners living in your parents basement. No one can be this delusional.

nut hug zuffa much? faggot.

chuck vs tito #7 in 2013.....
2/21/10 11:33 PM
The Prophecy

Loadin76 - Hell as a self admitting Tuff Noob I can even say that Pride and their fighters are part of the bigger picture... just after watching TUF 1 I was then introduced to Wand vs Cro Cop and was hooked to all things MMA... so Pride will never die...

Pride is dead. And the reason you were hooked is because someone told you on some internet forum that you are a "TUF Noob" and you will never be elevated to the status of a "Hardcore fan" unless you become a Pride fanboy like them.
2/21/10 11:34 PM
KimuraCrunch
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you can't plainly see that Wand and Nog have been in too many battles and slowed down you simply weren't watching back then. Before TUF most of us loved the balance between Pride and UFC and we had favorites in each org. I actually was bummed to see Chuck fall, just like I'm bummed to see the Pride guys who are on the decline. Would Cain have beat the old Nog? I don't know and I won't assume, but Cain did not fight the old Nog, neither did Mir or Randy. Maybe one day when Cain (who IS a beast) is performing at half his potential you'll believe in wear and tear.

People aren't saying Nog should retire to discredit Cain, they're saying it because they don't wanna see a legend end up like Ali.
2/21/10 11:38 PM
The Prophecy

DomenicVelluso - 
The Prophecy - 

WAR PRIDE!

nut hug zuffa much? faggot.

chuck vs tito #7 in 2013.....

Excuse me but what promotion did you watch CC, "Wandy" and "Big Nog" on last night? Wasn't it Zuffa or am I mistaken here? You know Pride is no longer in business and even if they are they would be run by non other than.... ZUFFA

So what's all that rebel business about Zuffa, you queer Pride fanboy?

I bet you will watch every minute of then next TUFF with Tito and Chuck and then come in the forum and bitch every day how they didn't have a real superstar there.
2/21/10 11:38 PM
tenchu

Poor Nog.
2/21/10 11:40 PM
The Prophecy

gusto - Pride was a spectatcle, had all the best fighters and only hard core fans knew about it.

thus the cult

PRIDE NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn to spell spectacle. Yes I know they had a lot of glitter that mesmerized many nerdy fanboys.

Their fighters never been any better than UFC fighter despite the myth that was debunked many times.
2/21/10 11:40 PM
The Prophecy

Oh and one more thing,

PRIDE IS DEAD!!!
2/21/10 11:41 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Prophecy - 
bongwater7654 - 
The Prophecy - 

I don't have anything against Pride fighters, I have something against Pride fanatics.
i am not a pride nuthugger  nog is nothing compared to what he used to be never said otherwise  

2/21/10 11:43 PM
The Prophecy

KimuraCrunch - If you can't plainly see that Wand and Nog have been in too many battles and slowed down you simply weren't watching back then. Before TUF most of us loved the balance between Pride and UFC and we had favorites in each org. I actually was bummed to see Chuck fall, just like I'm bummed to see the Pride guys who are on the decline. Would Cain have beat the old Nog? I don't know and I won't assume, but Cain did not fight the old Nog, neither did Mir or Randy. Maybe one day when Cain (who IS a beast) is performing at half his potential you'll believe in wear and tear.

People aren't saying Nog should retire to discredit Cain, they're saying it because they don't wanna see a legend end up like Ali.

The funny thing is Cro Cop was declared to be "past his prime" after he got KFTO by Gonzaga even though he was fresh off his OWGP win in Pride.

Nog was the clear favorite by the people I was talking about, non of you geniuses said before the fight that Nog may lose because of so many battles. You were all hard after he beat Couture and thought Cain never had a chance.
2/21/10 11:46 PM
The Prophecy

bongwater7654 - 
The Prophecy - 
bongwater7654 - 
The Prophecy - 

i am not a pride nuthugger  nog is nothing compared to what he used to be never said otherwise  

It was only two years apart between Nog beating Barnett in Pride and him getting finished by Frank Mir, so please stfu.

How come no one said Cain will win because Nog is not as good as he used to be?
2/21/10 11:46 PM
Loadin76
1480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Prophecy - 
Loadin76 - Hell as a self admitting Tuff Noob I can even say that Pride and their fighters are part of the bigger picture... just after watching TUF 1 I was then introduced to Wand vs Cro Cop and was hooked to all things MMA... so Pride will never die...

Pride is dead. And the reason you were hooked is because someone told you on some internet forum that you are a "TUF Noob" and you will never be elevated to the status of a "Hardcore fan" unless you become a Pride fanboy like them.

Actually you're the first to call me TUF Noob... I always knew where I started and figured I would go with i rather than some whiney ass bastard telling me what I should think.... You don't like Pride, I get it so sit down grab your juice box and watch whatever you want and like who ever you like and I will do the same... Just next time a Pride legend gets a victory, instead of coming here and whining about someone being happy why don't you just sit in a corner and smack yourself with a tack hammer, I am sure it wil have the same effect
2/21/10 11:47 PM
The Prophecy

If Nog had beaten Cain: Nog = God
When Nog lost to Cain: Nog is not the same.

It seems like Cain and Mir can never beat Nog because they would never have a chance to fight that fictional character unless they lose to him.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.