UnderGround Forums

Washington Underground >> WA State AM rules?

2/23/10 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Overhand Write
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have or know where to find the WA State amateur MMA rules? Thanks!

3/18/10 10:20 PM
piratepirate
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I know (and I have been to a lot) the state does not regulate ammy MMA in any way.

I have not seen state officials reffing, judging or otherwise watching over any ammy mma events in the state of Washington. So my guess would be that they do not, and each promoter decides what rules he is going to use.

3/19/10 12:34 AM
Overhand Write
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, thanks for the info Pirate
3/19/10 4:56 AM
piratepirate
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh no problem.
What part of Wa are you in?
I know some local ammy promoters that are pretty down to earth and would love to answer any questions. Were you going to compete or put on a show?
3/19/10 8:24 AM
Overhand Write

I'm stationed at Ft Lewis (by Tacoma), but I’m currently in Iraq (for the third time, sigh). When I get back (around the end of the year) I will be looking to fight.   

Check out my thread about training in Iraq

www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm

3/19/10 2:52 PM
piratepirate

Thats a pretty sick setup you've got going considering the circumstances.

I live just a few minutes from Lewis, in Olympia.
But I went to college in Vancouver/Portland,
so I had down there a lot to visit gyms.

Let me know when you get back there are certainly plenty of people needing ammy fighters.
3/20/10 1:53 AM
Overhand Write

Thanks, I spent a good chunk of money and time/effort to get it set up, but it was that or just cry myself to sleep about not getting to train. People on the UG have been super supportive and have sent or are sending gear to help out. Do you train at BBJ of Olympia? I will be sure to get with you when I get back; I’m really looking forward to fighting.

You ever eat at old school pizzeria in downtown Olympia? I could really go for some slices and a pint of organic amber right now…

3/20/10 2:05 PM
piratepirate

Yeah I do and Yeah I do,
I love old school, I used to hangout at the Reef a lot too before it burned down.

We should definitely roll / grab a slice when you're home.
3/27/10 4:21 AM
Overhand Write

Sounds like a good time, count me in.
2/1/11 12:28 AM
thebigthn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was looking for an answer to this question as well. I didn't want to start a new thread as there was already one with this topic. Here goes...

I was also wondering about amateur bouts as well and what rules there were when I stumbled on this:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/athletics/laws.html

As far as amateur mixed martial arts are concerned, this one drew my attention the most:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=36-14-500

My question is: Does an event promoter need to meet every single requirement on the list from the link above? The one that I'm most concerned with is letters n) Medical requirement; and s) Event physician.

Should every amateur event have at least a physician in the house during a fight? I'm just worried to fight if the ambulance is 15-20 minutes away. I'd rather have a doctor or someone who knew what they were doing right there if I ever get dropped on my head or knocked out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.