UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> hiring ghost writers for your screenplay good/bad

2/24/10 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AZ Combat Sports
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone ever use a ghost writer or a company for there screenplay? goods and bads?
thanks
Lally.
6/30/10 3:01 AM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alright i dont know if this thread is dead or not but, i would highly HIGHLY recommend against hiring a ghost writer. it costs ridiculous amounts of money for work that doesn't really even belong to you. not to mention, you do not possess 100% control over what they write. so to further reiterate: you are paying a large amount of money for someone to either potentially steal your idea and credit or for someone to completely wreck your idea.

i am certain someone such as yourself would understand the importance of creating something that can be clearly discerned as a product of your effort and not another person's. as a screenwriter, i would recommend you to hone your writing skills by reading and writing everyday. i am certain that you could find someone who trains at AZC to help you write and improve.

writing is much like fighting, it improves with sheer effort and a sharp mind that is always looking out for new ways to improve.
7/17/10 3:55 PM
Astroninja
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's no such thing as ghost writing  in screenwriting.  It's not like novels, where a publisher can make whatever deal they want.  Because of the WGA and arbitration, you can't hire somebody to write a screenplay under your name.  Best you could do is negotiate a "Story by, Written by" credits.
8/15/10 7:49 PM
Pugilist82
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Astroninja -  There's no such thing as ghost writing  in screenwriting.  It's not like novels, where a publisher can make whatever deal they want.  Because of the WGA and arbitration, you can't hire somebody to write a screenplay under your name.  Best you could do is negotiate a "Story by, Written by" credits.

You're not SUPPOSED to, but it happens.
8/24/10 1:05 PM
AZ Combat Sports
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys, good advice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.