UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> Next lens

2/25/10 6:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rockhopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I shoot with a Nikon D60 and got the kit 18-55 and 55-200 VR lenses. What is my next lens purchase? Camera store guy recommended 18-200mm Nikon lens. I like to shoot jiu jitsu (MMA if I could get ringside), also landscape/city scape and travel pics. What thinks you photography ground? Also what is a good all around photo forum website?
2/25/10 5:19 PM
GregHonda
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyFantasyMMA.com
While the 50mm 1.4 is one of my favorite lenses to shoot MMA with, you need to remember that the D60 does not have a built in focus drive motor. This means that the AF will only work with lenses that have their own AF Motor (AF-S and AF-I lenses).

The new 50mm 1.4 lens that Nikon recently came out with is an AF-S (the older version is not), but I do not believe there is an AF-S version of the 1.8
2/27/10 4:46 PM
rockhopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregHonda - While the 50mm 1.4 is one of my favorite lenses to shoot MMA with, you need to remember that the D60 does not have a built in focus drive motor. This means that the AF will only work with lenses that have their own AF Motor (AF-S and AF-I lenses).

The new 50mm 1.4 lens that Nikon recently came out with is an AF-S (the older version is not), but I do not believe there is an AF-S version of the 1.8

thanks guys!!!!
12/27/10 2:50 AM
AlabamaSmooth
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Correct answer would be 35mm dx lens because the d60 isnt a full frame slr so 35mm will equal 50 on a full frame camera

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.