UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Any ISR schools instructors in Washington DC Area?

2/26/10 8:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
acid jazz
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in ISR training. Any instructors in the Washingto DC/Northern Virginia area?
2/26/10 3:35 PM
slixtr
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the contact email for you regarding general ISR questions. Ray will be able to help you out. info@isrmatrix.org
2/26/10 3:38 PM
acid jazz
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you. I appreciate it.
3/8/10 12:03 PM
Luis Gutierrez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Instructor Trainers in that area.
3/8/10 1:59 PM
acid jazz

Do they have ever have travelling seminars? I would like to learn this system.
3/9/10 11:21 AM
Luis Gutierrez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three distinct sytems with some subsets. One requires you are active LEO (ISR-LE), the other Military/SRT (ISR-AF), and the final one, proffesional security personnel(ISR-PM). The reason being is that though each portion is built on the very same foundation, they very quickly move in different directions due to the nature of their work.

We travel out where and when hosted by agencies, departments and military units /bases. I typically run one large confrence a year.

What we do often though for those wanting to train portions of it like the clinch with cloth, combatives/self-defense aspects etc (valuable to RBSD) is teach them in modules and that's as easy as booking a seminar or finding an Instruct Trainer and taking private classes much like you would for any martial art of your choice.

I hope this helps,

-Luis Gutierrez

www.isrmatrix.org
3/9/10 12:26 PM
acid jazz

Luis Gutierrez - Three distinct sytems with some subsets. One requires you are active LEO (ISR-LE), the other Military/SRT (ISR-AF), and the final one, proffesional security personnel(ISR-PM). The reason being is that though each portion is built on the very same foundation, they very quickly move in different directions due to the nature of their work.

We travel out where and when hosted by agencies, departments and military units /bases. I typically run one large confrence a year.

What we do often though for those wanting to train portions of it like the clinch with cloth, combatives/self-defense aspects etc (valuable to RBSD) is teach them in modules and that's as easy as booking a seminar or finding an Instruct Trainer and taking private classes much like you would for any martial art of your choice.

I hope this helps,

-Luis Gutierrez

www.isrmatrix.org
Thanks for the info. Looks like you put everything together very well, that was the reason I was specifically interested in your system.

I have seen other RBSD systems, but they seem to be lacking in realism and aliveness.
3/10/10 12:49 PM
Luis Gutierrez

Thanks.

We have and continue to move slowly and working very hard to test and retest all we do so its as readily transferable as it is functional and spend most of our time these days refining teaching methods and drills to assure and secure a uniform structure of training from ground zero all the way up.

Been doing it since late 95 and only have a handfull of instructor trainers to assure that field instructors (larger in numbers) stick to specific training protocols wherever they teach and are coached themselves as they continue their own training. The idea being, to really have and maintain an organization that stands on its own with a system that equally does as well. In other words, we have a system that in its parts has nothing unique (techniques are just techniques) but as a whole is truly unique and stands on its own and apart from the rest in our industry.

From day one in the martial arts I have admired Jigaro Kano and fought hard to create and sustain something entirely new and different form the technique heavy, concept loose, and personality driven things in our field. What we have now is what is stated again and again by those who train, interview or obeserve us; a complete approach with its own training methodolgy, curriculum and the highest of measurable and progressive of standards.

If you are not LEO or in the armed forces, I hope you do check out the modules available to everyone looking for RBSD and not for some magic bullet, psycho-babble or technique collection but instead more so for training progression, tactical and conceptual retention, and most importantly just an experience that we think will change much of the way you look at RBSD and training in general.

Thanks again for the inquiry,

-Luis
5/30/10 11:23 AM
OzCombatives
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't say enough great things about the ISR Matrix.

I've trained in Australia, Asia, the UK and the USA with many of the big names in the self-defence game and while they all offer something worthwhile in one way or another, ISR has stood out head and shoulders from the rest. It's a distilled, refined and very functional system with an exceptional instructor cadre.

I would fly out from Australia to train in ISR every chance I get without hesitation.
6/21/10 5:22 PM
Luis Gutierrez

Next courses within Florida are during our yearly conference in October. They have now been scheduled for October 11th through the 15th. The ISR-LE is the only secured one thus far but we will be hosting two civilian sessions as well.

I will post details by this week's end.

-Luis

www.isrmatrix.org
7/28/10 12:23 PM
Luis Gutierrez

Course(s) dates and details:

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=0015rqrTrc4Ajs2xn6QK7oJgThykWeYoVRJVb_I0vWvGfG5w1rjq9wYszSevRkUGlZrKwzFk6uFve8FwRRw5mpGOEj8eJXrAnFj6ew5rT_OXDYxxXUxKtOtNw2qj_2LA-KZKz4oWlU2UfY%3D
7/28/10 12:25 PM
acid jazz

Thanks Luis.
8/5/10 11:03 AM
Luis Gutierrez

Registrations now available on our site. Its 30 slots per course until filled.

www.isrmatrix.org
9/30/10 11:34 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luiz,

Due to work constraints I won't be able to make the October trip, but I'd definately love to attend an ISR course seminar in the future.
10/4/10 10:08 AM
Luis Gutierrez

No worries. Website will list all courses.
10/9/10 9:41 AM
Luis Gutierrez

We will be posting pictures and clips from the summit all week on our facebook wall.

http://www.facebook.com/isrmatrix

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.