UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> need heavyweight opponent for March 26

2/27/10 4:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nicksmiley83
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need a heavyweight pro to fight me on March 26 in Atlanta.. Im 1-0 pro. 6'5 265
2/27/10 8:19 PM
Adam Singer
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am in. 5' 11" , 240 fight weight. No fights. Minimal experience.

Adam
2/28/10 10:40 AM
nicksmiley83

Minimal experience?????   i may be a little to advanced for you then sir, sorry........
2/28/10 11:52 PM
disorderlyconduct
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got 3
Richard White 11-2 Des Moines,IA
Alex Rozman 3-8 Moline,IL
Deon West 1-1 Mansfield,OH
Tell the promoter to hit me up
train@dcmanagement.biz

3/1/10 1:41 AM
Extreme Fight Night
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smiley, Why are you needing to look for your own opponent ?

3/1/10 9:19 AM
nicksmiley83

Rare chance to call someone out.  Im sure you can guess who the original opponent that I wanted was Lane....... Its no big secret who i want to fight.
3/1/10 6:44 PM
Stephen Eakin
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is it you want to fight?
3/2/10 9:47 AM
Extreme Fight Night
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/02/10 9:47 AM
  • I would move on. You obviously have the better shot at actually having a Professional Career. It's called marketability!

3/2/10 12:36 PM
nicksmiley83

Let it be known, that from here on out I will no longer pursue my unicorn..........  He is of the past, Let his name not be spoken in circles of true warriors.........   LMAO>  Eakin  ask around, its well known who Ive been pursuing!!!!
3/2/10 6:21 PM
Extreme Fight Night

Edited: 03/02/10 6:39 PM
 I have seven shows in Chattanooga this year and you may get your wish on the one in July. You and Austin need to check out the one on March 13th at Camp Jordan. It's real MMA with slams, ground and pound, Ect..
3/2/10 6:44 PM
nicksmiley83

Are you hinting that you may do a pro show????      I think Austin and I are gonna come up.....
3/6/10 3:28 PM
Extreme Fight Night

Edited: 03/06/10 3:28 PM
  • Correct. I do them when they benefit my bank account.
  •  
  • All XFN shows are shown on www.gofightlive.tv for free.
  •  
  •  
3/11/10 9:58 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nicksmiley83 -  Minimal experience?????   i may be a little to advanced for you then sir, sorry........

LOL
3/25/10 7:28 PM
ElCid

NCAA92 - 
nicksmiley83 -  Minimal experience?????   i may be a little to advanced for you then sir, sorry........

LOL
Classic.  Obviously didn't read the name.

3/25/10 8:38 PM
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElCid - 
NCAA92 - 

LOL

Wait. What? LOL

3/25/10 10:18 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NCAA92 - 
ElCid - 
NCAA92 - 

LOL

Wait. What? LOL

Huh?

And who does this guy want to fight?
3/25/10 10:41 PM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElCid - 
NCAA92 - 

LOL

i think he fights out of hardcore and they were just joking around
3/25/10 11:02 PM
nicksmiley83

Sober.....  Right you are. Adam is my head coach and friend. I'm sure Paul understood what was going on here.
3/26/10 10:02 AM
Extreme Fight Night

Edited: 03/26/10 10:02 AM
  • Nick Smiley went against Bobby Peavler on my last event in Augusta. Nicks leg got caught in the ring ropes and Bobby pushed him over the top rope. Nick bent over backwards and his leg popped loudly. He fell to the canvas in agony and it ended up being a torn ACL.  I was standing with his brother Justin Smiley (Miami Dolphins offensive starter) and we watched  the entire episode. It was very ugly to say the least.
  •  
  • The ISKA Rep gave a win to Peavler because Nick obviously could not continue. I did everything I could to have them make it a no contest (Should of been), including calling the ISKA President, but they would not overturn the decision. Unfortunate for Nick, because it kept him out of fighting for some time, and the last time I ever used a ring for fights.
  •  
  • So, because of Nick, I now use a cage, and got out of promoting watered down Wrestle-Box Rules. Something I sould have done long before.
  • Eventually, someone (Maybe me) will have these two rematch as Pro's which would be a war!

3/26/10 2:09 PM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extreme Fight Night - 
  • Nick Smiley went against Bobby Peavler on my last event in Augusta. Nicks leg got caught in the ring ropes and Bobby pushed him over the top rope. Nick bent over backwards and his leg popped loudly. He fell to the canvas in agony and it ended up being a torn ACL.  I was standing with his brother Justin Smiley (Miami Dolphins offensive starter) and we watched  the entire episode. It was very ugly to say the least.
  •  
  • The ISKA Rep gave a win to Peavler because Nick obviously could not continue. I did everything I could to have them make it a no contest (Should of been), including calling the ISKA President, but they would not overturn the decision. Unfortunate for Nick, because it kept him out of fighting for some time, and the last time I ever used a ring for fights.
  •  
  • So, because of Nick, I now use a cage, and got out of promoting watered down Wrestle-Box Rules. Something I sould have done long before.
  • Eventually, someone (Maybe me) will have these two rematch as Pro's which would be a war!

That's a bunch of crap. Thanks for the explanation. Hope Nick gets that fight.
3/27/10 9:29 AM
masker

I being the ISKA rep do not recall the events happening as Mr. Lane states them. Nick's legs where not caught in the ropes and he was not pushed over the top rope. Bobby bull rushed Nick and his legs got caught under him and his ACL was torn. Nick's shoulders ended up on the bottom 2 ropes and not over the top ropes. Mr. Lane, you jump so fast at blaming a ring, a ring which you used over 100 times before for the accident. Instead of getting on a public forum and complaining, why don't you watch your professional videos of the fight to see what truly happened. I would love to see a re-match between Bobby and Nick, in a cage or ring.
3/27/10 12:10 PM
Extreme Fight Night

Edited: 03/27/10 12:10 PM
  • Some Facts:
  •  
  • 1) Yes I did use your ring approximately 50-60 times and it is a top notch ring.
  • 2) Many MMA Fights were being restarted over and over because of people going or getting tangled in the ropes. Fans loved it!
  • 3) Lance Dixson fell out of the ring and was knocked out when he hit his head on the judges table in Gainesville.
  • 4) During the Peavler vs Smiley fight the ring support boards broke and the ring had to be fixed, causing a 20 minute delay.
  • 5) The horrible injury that happened in Augusta was the fault of the ring ropes and would not have occured in a cage. That is my belief and is why I moved to a cage.
  • 6) I am not complaining.  I have two very nice cages now which I am very happy with.
  • 7) Rings are best suited to Boxing & Kickboxing Fights, not MMA.
  • 8) The UFC has allways used a cage, and for some reason StrikeForce moved from a ring to a cage only a few years ago.
  • 9) Peavler versus Smiley is going to happen as the contracts are in the works. 
  •  
  • Perhaps Mr. Smiley will enlighten us as to his choice and the fight deal in the works.

3/28/10 12:51 AM
nicksmiley83

Okay first and foremost, as I recall the fight. Bobby shot (big surprise) and backed me up to the ropes. With both of our heavyweight frames pressed against the ropes and me with legs sprawled back, the top rope slipped up my back and the angle at which my legs were caused my leg to buckle and me fall over on it. I dislocated my patella and tore my ACL. Do I blame the ring? I do not believe the injury would have happened in a cage. I do remember being told that during one take down the 2 bys under the mat snapped. I have the video and will post it. I think it should have been called a no contest not because of the injury but because I knew the floor was broke, on the video you can clearly see me step in a hole, tell Adam, and him respond " keep fighting". But that is all in the past. And YES I have received a call about a contract to finally get my rematch. I will update when something is defintite.
3/28/10 1:12 AM
CJJScout

Post vid, please
3/31/10 4:11 PM
Twinkle Toes

Damn this is an interesting thread...nothing worth a damn ever goes on over here. I wanna see the video...Not b/c i doubt..i just wanna see.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.