UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Congrats to Matt Flynn

3/1/10 11:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is how you do it.

Flynn Departs King of the Cage, Takes Position with Heavy-Hitting New Outfit, East West Fighting Championships
2010-02-25 — Eddie Goldman

From East West Fighting Championships:

Flynn Departs King of the Cage
Takes Position with Heavy-Hitting New Outfit

It is with mixed emotions that XCC President and Founder Matt Flynn announces he is leaving the King of the Cage promotion to accept the position of Director of Operations for the brand-new East West Fighting Championships organization.

"I'd like to thank King of the Cage owner, Terry Trebilcock, for all his support and partnership through the years. The time we spent together was a tremendous learning experience and I will continue to do all I can to support Terry and his wonderful organization."

Flynn ran promotions for King of the Cage in Florida, Georgia, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan and many past XCC champions including Eric Moon, Daron Cruickshank, Caleb Grummet, and Ben Lagman are now fighting for King of the Cage. Flynn says his Xtreme Cagefighting Championship will remain a source of fighters for King of the Cage, however, his new position at the EWFC makes it impossible to give 100% to both organizations and continue to run shows for KOTC.

"I will be moving on with nothing but fondness for my time spent with King of the Cage and I wish them tremendous luck in the future. (EWFC President) Mike Jones and I are looking at the tremendous potential of this new organization and I think it's time to move on to new opportunities. The EWFC is looking to make an impact all over the world in MMA and I'm happy to be a part of it.

The EWFC's first event is scheduled for June 5 at the 20,000-seat Rexall Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Shows are also in development for Montreal and Holland later this year.

For more information on the XCC visit: www.xcclive.com.
3/1/10 1:59 PM
StephenL

Another version. Biased much?

http://www.sportssummary.com/MMA/STORIES_current-year/100227_XCC_Loses_KOTC_Affiliation.htm

XCC Loses KOTC Affiliation
Posted: February 27, 2010

King of the Cage (KOTC) owner Terry Trebilcock recently severed his organization’s ties with Michigan MMA group Xtreme Cagefighting Championship (XCC), sources both within and close to the organization said.

“There was a mutual parting of the ways,” Howard Zelener, CEO and General Counsel for KOTC, told Sportssummary on Friday.

“There is absolutely no relationship from this time on,” he said.

Zelener acknowledged that “rumors” of complaints against XCC President Matt Flynn had reached the California-based organization but, he said, the two groups going their separate ways was “not the result of any single incident.” “It’s been in the works for some time,” he said.

Flynn was listed second from the top in a 19 name list of apparent key figures on the KOTC website at kingofthecage.com at the end of last week; His name has since been removed.

Zelener reported that Flynn was never a formal employee of KOTC but rather was one of several “outside promoters” they co-promoted events with.

A press release dated February 15 and emailed to Sportssummary on Wednesday, issued by Flynn publicist Andre Courtemanche, reported that Flynn left King of the Cage after accepting a position with a new MMA organization. It indicated he would continue operating as XCC but was unable to fulfill roles in three groups.

Flynn will serve as Director of Operations for the East West Fighting Championships, according to the release, which contained links to both XCC and KOTC but not to the new organization and a Google search revealed no mention of the group.

The XCC founder thanked Trebilcock for “his support and partnership through the years” and advised that his organization would “remain a source of fighters for King of the Cage.”

KOTC is "always looking for up and coming talent," regardless of where they fought in the past, Zelener said, but he was adamant in dismissing this claim from Flynn.

“This is no affiliation from here on,” he said, “And XCC is no longer an official qualifier for King of the Cage.”

3/1/10 5:31 PM
dom10
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well I'll be damned
3/2/10 1:23 PM
thewood

this is great news for Matt and EWFC. June 5 will be huge, thank you for the opportunities you have given me!!!!

Woodrow

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.