UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official UG Shirt by Tri-Coasta

3/10/10 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PanRoastedJinx
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only on the UG are you a fat gheymoe for not liking slim fit.

fuck you shredded as mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!

*starts P90X*
3/10/10 4:27 PM
the_shrike
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lightning bolt is lame on an otherwise good looking shirt

i'm ok with the slim fit
3/10/10 4:28 PM
Styro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would buy that shirt w/o the lightning bolt
3/10/10 4:33 PM
PanRoastedJinx
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PanRoastedJinx -  please Tri-Coasta dude.  simple and clean.  black shirts only.  none of that slim fit shit.

pretty please???  think it of as a tribute to quik and sixduece who alot of us got our first mma.tv shirts from.  It would be like when Danny Way did a Christ Air at X games as a tribute to Christian Hosoi.  Make it yours. I will buy 2.

I aint down for no lightning bolts neither...
3/10/10 11:20 PM
ViciousCesar
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PanRoastedJinx - 
jkennedy - For all you guys complaining about 'slim fit' I have four words for you:

GET YOUR FAT ASS INTO THE GYM!

I dont wear skinny jeans either and not because I'm fat.  Its because I came of age in a time called the early 90's.  A time when men didnt believe in showing off their tits and asses with painted on clothing.  

ahahaha! you my fren, have been VTFU!
3/10/10 11:27 PM
jdindiana
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/10 11:26 PM
  What about the OG?
3/11/10 12:15 AM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff.
3/11/10 12:49 AM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TriCoasta - So I'm not done with the UG Mob shirt yet, but I converted Option A into a UG shirt:

PS:  For those who have problems with slim-fits, I'll just throw in some boxy-fits during print. 
I love your work  99% of the time man, but I think this shirt is FUG. The lightning bolt doesn't work for me. I thought you were onto something with the first shirt. One thing is for sure, this will not be something I'd buy.  
3/11/10 12:59 AM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are looking pretty sweet. I like the slanted MMA ones'
3/11/10 12:59 AM
TriCoasta
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/10 1:00 AM
Tri-Coasta, Owner
Okay, so first thing I would like to share is that this project is more about showing respect to the UG, rather than me making a profit; although I acknowledge the thread is meant to get *the attention of the forum. I did not ask to make the shirt, I am not getting paid to design the shirt and trust me when I say I don't have too much time on my hands. I'm doing it for the love.

The point of this thread is *to figure out what you guys want, and obviously I'm not going to make a shirt no one wants...what's the point in that? I'll make PBJ's shirt if it gets the most votes in the end. With that said if you want a standard fitted shirt with a logo, I'll print the shirts at cost and hand them over to Kirik and Chris. They can then decide to charge whatever they would like.

Schedule: I should be ready to throw up the vote on the 26th, and I can start printing the shirts on April 5th. Give me a week to print & ship to Chris, and we're done. 

- Ted

Edit: *the, *to

3/11/10 2:00 AM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TriCoasta - Okay, so first thing I would like to share is that this project is more about showing respect to the UG, rather than me making a profit; although I acknowledge the thread is meant to get *the attention of the forum. I did not ask to make the shirt, I am not getting paid to design the shirt and trust me when I say I don't have too much time on my hands. I'm doing it for the love.

The point of this thread is *to figure out what you guys want, and obviously I'm not going to make a shirt no one wants...what's the point in that? I'll make PBJ's shirt if it gets the most votes in the end. With that said if you want a standard fitted shirt with a logo, I'll print the shirts at cost and hand them over to Kirik and Chris. They can then decide to charge whatever they would like.

Schedule: I should be ready to throw up the vote on the 26th, and I can start printing the shirts on April 5th. Give me a week to print & ship to Chris, and we're done. 

- Ted

Ted,

Your effort and your company is much appreciated by certainly me, and I'm sure the rest of the board as well. Doing so much work at cost is highly generous and not really neccessary. Hopefully one of your designs makes it through, the last thing the board needs or deserves is a plain, uninspired t-shirt.

We have an opportunity to wear something created by a company that has a real flair for design and frankly I'm kind of embarassed as a board member that people are willing to throw that aside and essentially just use you to produce a run-of-the-mill shirt that could have been made on www.cafepress.com.

Thanks for doing so much for the board.

3/11/10 2:09 AM
Chris
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm dying to see the UG mob shirt.
3/11/10 2:10 AM
FIGHTCHIX
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love the progress ted---i want one of these shirts!!!

jake
3/11/10 12:50 PM
Shanks V3.1
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBear228 - Ted,

Your effort and your company is much appreciated by certainly me, and I'm sure the rest of the board as well. Doing so much work at cost is highly generous and not really neccessary. Hopefully one of your designs makes it through, the last thing the board needs or deserves is a plain, uninspired t-shirt.

We have an opportunity to wear something created by a company that has a real flair for design and frankly I'm kind of embarassed as a board member that people are willing to throw that aside and essentially just use you to produce a run-of-the-mill shirt that could have been made on <a href="http://www.cafepress.com">www.cafepress.com</a>.

agreed.

wtf...you guys that want a plain black shirt with a couple plain text lines and a logo on it...head your asses on over to cafepress and have at it. that why its there.

this is an opportunity for a unique, stylized UG shirt, and you guys want f'n iron on patches on a fruit of the loom pocket tee. jesus.
3/11/10 1:26 PM
RLL
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shanks V3.1 - 
TheBear228 - Ted,

We have an opportunity to wear something created by a company that has a real flair for design and frankly I'm kind of embarassed as a board member that people are willing to throw that aside and essentially just use you to produce a run-of-the-mill shirt that could have been made on <a href="http://www.cafepress.com">www.cafepress.com</a>.

agreed.

wtf...you guys that want a plain black shirt with a couple plain text lines and a logo on it...head your asses on over to cafepress and have at it. that why its there.

this is an opportunity for a unique, stylized UG shirt, and you guys want f'n iron on patches on a fruit of the loom pocket tee. jesus.

ditto
3/11/10 1:33 PM
PanRoastedJinx

^^^ so you guys dont like the original sixdeuce mma.tv shirt?  big fans of the tapout/UG shirt?  The tri-coasta dude obviously knows his way around graphic design.  I doubt what he comes up with will look like the one I threw together.

diff strokes for diff folks I guess. 
3/11/10 1:42 PM
trampking
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the original six deuce shirt is just a couple of years old...most people still have it. I have three myself, two with All Day on the back. This will be a different shirt hopefully....
3/11/10 2:12 PM
Quik
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
I'm thankful I had the opportunity to print the original shirts. I wanted to keep them basic so the style wouldn't be outdated in a few years...also, the UG hadn't really had an official shirt before, so I thought just getting the logo on there would be sufficient. Sometimes less is more. People who originally bought the shirt weren't so much interested in being super fashionable (I don't think) but wanted to identify themselves as being part of the UG crowd. The old MMA.TV logo was a classic and unique. If you were a visitor to the site, you knew instantly what it was.
3/11/10 2:22 PM
The Pete
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When will these be ready????
3/11/10 2:25 PM
JimmersonzGlove
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Quick's shirt. I still have it :)
3/11/10 2:31 PM
PanRoastedJinx

I have 2 original quik mma.tv shirts with the 62 all day on the back.  I bought one when I first joined the site.  The other I won for best picture of a chicks ass snapped with mobile phone in a contest we had a few years ago.  I wish quik would make some new ones with the new mma man logo for the UG.  LESS IS MORE not sure what the politics are?  Hope tri-coasta dude comes through.
3/11/10 2:45 PM
Dokkalfar
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/11/10 2:53 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TriCoasta -...I'll make PBJ's shirt if it gets the most votes in the end. With that said if you want a standard fitted shirt with a logo, I'll print the shirts at cost and hand them over to Kirik and Chris. They can then decide to charge whatever they would like.

- Ted

many thanks Ted!

3/11/10 3:47 PM
Shanks V3.1
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PanRoastedJinx -  ^^^ so you guys dont like the original sixdeuce mma.tv shirt?  big fans of the tapout/UG shirt?  The tri-coasta dude obviously knows his way around graphic design.  I doubt what he comes up with will look like the one I threw together.

to be honest, I am a minimalist...I believe efficiency is beauty. I like the original mma.tv shirts, and my wardrobe is nearly all solid color blank clothing.

I don't think any of us are saying a minimalist design is bad...just that the "plain logo" some are calling for is kinda silly when you can just go to cafepress or somewhere and do that in about 2 minutes.

I see what you were suggesting and wasn't necessarily directing my sentiment at you.

3/11/10 3:59 PM
PanRoastedJinx

Shanks V3.1 - 
PanRoastedJinx -  ^^^ so you guys dont like the original sixdeuce mma.tv shirt?  big fans of the tapout/UG shirt?  The tri-coasta dude obviously knows his way around graphic design.  I doubt what he comes up with will look like the one I threw together.

to be honest, I am a minimalist...I believe efficiency is beauty. I like the original mma.tv shirts, and my wardrobe is nearly all solid color blank clothing.

I don't think any of us are saying a minimalist design is bad...just that the "plain logo" some are calling for is kinda silly when you can just go to cafepress or somewhere and do that in about 2 minutes.

I see what you were suggesting and wasn't necessarily directing my sentiment at you.

mad props brother.  It was just an idea based on quiks original design.  I didnt expect him to print that shirt.  Only take that simple design and make it his with his own style.  To be honest I wouldnt wear anything he has put up yet.  But I have respect that he asked for opinions.  Cuz I sure as fack dont remember tapout asking for any before they put out that piece of shit shirt they did.  I bet the quik mma.tv shirt still outsells that fucking thing!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.