UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Epiphone Goth LP

3/6/10 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hogwatcher420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Debating whether or not to get one of these. Anyone have any experience or heard anything good/bad about them?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517233
3/8/10 12:32 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice guitar for the price. The construction and fretwork are usually good.The satin finish on the Goth guitars develops shiny spots where your arm rubs it, so don't expect  it to stay uniformly matte looking.
I recommend taking it to a good tech and having it set up. Even new guitars can usually be made to play and sound better by someone who knows what to do.
3/13/10 1:06 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/14/10 6:38 PM
alpo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't played the LP, but I've played a couple of the other Goths.  They do seem quite good for the money.  I think they look pretty cool too, personally.  I almost bought the Goth SG for my first guitar. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.