UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sakara vs. Irvin to main card of UFC on Versus

3/9/10 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18230/alessio-sakara-vs-james-irvin-promoted-completes-ufc-on-versus-1-main-card.mma

MAIN CARD
  • Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera
  • Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
  • Paul Buentello vs. Cheick Kongo
  • James Irvin vs. Alessio Sakara
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Shannon Gugerty vs. Clay Guida
  • Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
  • John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
  • Chase Gormley vs. Brendan Schaub
  • Julio Paulino vs. Mike Pierce
  • Jason Brilz vs. Eric Schafer
  • Darren Elkins vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig
3/9/10 2:00 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decent card.

Little surprised to see Guida went from main card of a PPV to prelims of a fight night card.

Even Nate Diaz lost two in a row and was still main-eventing.
3/9/10 2:00 PM
JDV
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big boys' night. 2 LHW & 2 HW fights for the main card. All look exciting!
3/9/10 2:03 PM
Domingo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/10 2:03 PM
UM???
Of all of those fights on the undercard they've decided we need to see those two? C'mon.

Marshall vs. the Janitor seems like the logical place to go instead. At least let us see guys who are a still a factor in the division or might have a future. 
3/9/10 2:03 PM
Mike Sanders
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A disappointing start to the night...for James Irvin...was that fight! After a knee injury...to James Irvin...called off the fight has been, by our referee...HERB DEAN!!!! My partner as always, Joe Rogan
3/9/10 2:05 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 - Decent card.

Little surprised to see Guida went from main card of a PPV to prelims of a fight night card.

They like to put guys who are high probabilities of a decision on the undercard. Smart managerial move and even smarter programming plan.
3/9/10 2:10 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zedlepln - 

They like to put guys who are high probabilities of a decision on the undercard. Smart managerial move and even smarter programming plan.

I suppose.

Seems odd though considering how much the UFC praises Guida for his relentless style and how his fights are always exciting.

3/9/10 2:11 PM
epwar
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo's letter writing campaign pays off!
3/9/10 2:14 PM
Haulport

I am a fan of neither guy but I am interested in this fight. Neither guy has a good chin and both have a ton of power. As long as no one falls out of the cage and can't continue me thinks someone is getting brutally KTFO!
3/9/10 2:21 PM
orcus

Why isn't Dos Santos vs Gonzaga headlining? Vera hasn't done shit and Jones has zero big wins and is coming off a DQ loss. Neither Vera nor Jones are anywhere near a title shot in a division with Rogerio, Rampage, Rashad, Forrest, Randy, occasionally Anderson, etc.
3/9/10 2:46 PM
rockafella

da Vinci 81 - 
Zedlepln - 

I suppose.

Seems odd though considering how much the UFC praises Guida for his relentless style and how his fights are always exciting.

The only way Guida has an exciting fight is if his opponent makes it that way.

I'm happy to see "the napsack" on the prelims personally. I wouldn't mind if he was fighting someone who would bring it but I don't believe this will be the case.
3/9/10 2:51 PM
HOWtasteMYbigPP
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rockafella - 
da Vinci 81 - 
Zedlepln - 

I suppose.

The only way Guida has an exciting fight is if his opponent makes it that way.

I'm happy to see "the napsack" on the prelims personally. I wouldn't mind if he was fighting someone who would bring it but I don't believe this will be the case.
I would much rather see the Guida fight. His entrances alone are very exciting him jumping around singing to some emo band that 75% of the people there have never heard of. How do you not love that Neanderthal?
3/9/10 3:31 PM
CRBMoney14

This fight should not be on ANY televised Zuffa card.

6 days later Drwal/Palhares is going untelevised and both would rip these two apart.

INB4 Lupo
3/9/10 3:43 PM
Hansumboy

Glass Jaw Sakara cant deal with heavy handed strikers, he´s getting KTFO
3/9/10 5:55 PM
orcus

Irvin should win this easily.
3/9/10 6:04 PM
awilson82
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome card for free TV
3/9/10 6:10 PM
KimuraCrunch

Are one of these prelims a swing fight? Is this event only 2 hours? If so, why? Does versus have anything better to do?
3/9/10 6:12 PM
buvaiser

it will be a nailbiter like kimbo/alexander II.
3/9/10 8:00 PM
timmyfront
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should keep that on the under card because it will be one of 2 things:

a) a quick ko they can replay between main card fights

or

b) a drawn out, tentative, boring fight that noone wants to watch.
3/9/10 8:23 PM
Hansumboy

Bobby Lupo - 
orcus -  Irvin should win this easily.

You guys must be friends or something. He's going to see the real Sakara--The Best Hand in MMA, Sakara.

Sakara will be playing Jack and Irvin will be playing to role of Vicky in UFC on VS Raging Bull

We´re talking about the same Sakara here, right? The one that got knocked out by Chris Leben and Houston Alexander...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.