UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Lobster Plata!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/12/10 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/10 10:07 AM

a new finish to a few different starting positions

what do u think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgIDf03KT_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeKO3HzQOJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHGC5yDNZ_w
3/12/10 11:36 PM
motzok
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant help with embedding. im excited to drill it. doubt it will be viable as a serious part of my game.
3/12/10 11:58 PM
beauregard

Wow, that was silly.
3/13/10 1:13 AM
Lew83
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that stuff looked a little wierd, i just cant imagine someone getting away with it.
3/13/10 4:18 AM
shen
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/10 4:39 AM
"Lobsterplata"...?

--Please.

I learned that at the "Crayfish Lock" YEARS ago!
3/13/10 6:54 AM
Daniel/CGJJ
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what a total fucking shit move.
3/13/10 9:14 AM
Fracture
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, silly white belts
3/13/10 9:48 AM
Daniel/CGJJ
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

er, no.
3/13/10 8:51 PM
Fracture

shen - "Lobsterplata"...?

--Please.

I learned that at the "Crayfish Lock" YEARS ago!

crayfish lock is good but very different!
3/13/10 9:35 PM
JRockwell
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess these are students of Boca? Boca is an incredible teacher and fighter. I've used a "russian 2 on 1" version of the initial move that they showed with success...but never anything where you are flipping over him and finishing with your head on the other side? Cool, but not very practical, IMO.
3/13/10 10:06 PM
molsonman
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see how this set up could work unless your sparring partner was letting you do it.
3/13/10 10:54 PM
FJJ828
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C., Owner
It's a surprise attack on the lapel grip that can seriously hurt your wrist a la nikkyo and sankyo from Aikido. I teach by guys to bail out of their grip if their opponent starts going after them with the gi tail like that.
3/14/10 5:13 AM
Daniel/CGJJ

FJJ828 - It's a surprise attack on the lapel grip that can seriously hurt your wrist a la nikkyo and sankyo from Aikido. I teach by guys to bail out of their grip if their opponent starts going after them with the gi tail like that.

exactly. you're gonna have a hard time finishing the move if the opponent disengages. And the jump overhead does not seem realistic.
3/14/10 5:46 PM
Fracture

daniel if you try the move you will see that he cant pull his hand out, its stuck!

forward rolling is very easy!
3/14/10 8:02 PM
HoldYerGround
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats with gripping your own gi for the drop firemans? Why do you elect to do this instead of taking a sleeve grip at the wrist before you corkscrew through his arm?
3/15/10 2:19 PM
Fracture

theaxemurderer - lobsta plata 2 has some issues tho (without the gi-wrapped hand grip) maintaining the pressure on shoulder while planting your arm to do the roll is problematic

as long as you lock the his arm above the elbow first with your arm then lock his lower arm in your shoulder and neck he cant escape the arm
3/15/10 2:22 PM
Fracture

HoldYerGround - Whats with gripping your own gi for the drop firemans? Why do you elect to do this instead of taking a sleeve grip at the wrist before you corkscrew through his arm?

you grip you gi to help lock his arm. its a tighter grip then just grabing the arm
3/15/10 3:32 PM
demandango
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i haven't even watched the vids, but have any of you who are saying 'it doesn't work' actually tried it?
3/15/10 3:46 PM
molsonman
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not an expert in judo (blue belt) but I don't see anyone being able to do the lobster plata 3 setup. Anyone who knows anything about gripping and throws with gi will not allow it to happen. It might work against a bjj white/blue belt who doesn't have any judo experience.
3/15/10 4:29 PM
BEEF & CHEESE
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniel/CGJJ - what a total fucking shit move.

3/15/10 5:54 PM
Fracture

molsonman - I'm not an expert in judo (blue belt) but I don't see anyone being able to do the lobster plata 3 setup. Anyone who knows anything about gripping and throws with gi will not allow it to happen. It might work against a bjj white/blue belt who doesn't have any judo experience.

wrong molsonman, i got this on a black belt before. maybe you should try the moves first before commenting
3/15/10 6:13 PM
Don Whitefield

I haven't tried the finish but I learned this takedown years ago from Megaton Diaz and it works actually very well.

The hardest part is to time it right in order to actually swing your elbow under your opponents armpit. If he keeps his arm tight against his body the move won't happen.
3/16/10 9:34 AM
Newaza freak
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/10 9:38 AM
Fracture,
Thanks for going over this move in details with me last night.I think what makes this technique credible is the entangled web that your own gi provides once you wrap up your opponents hand/wrist.Once your wrist get's caught in the lobster trap, getting it out then becomes a difficult task. Sure, all techniques have defenses and counters but this one seems to be a good one to have in your bag of tricks ,as your opponent can at times put his hand in the wrong place at the wrong time and bingo,the lobster trap is on.
3/16/10 7:04 PM
Fracture

no prob Newaza freak.

i have a few more sneaky move to follow!
3/17/10 1:50 AM
plasticonoband
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, great reference to "revenge of the nerds"!!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.