UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Michigan open judo tounament at MSU Sunday 3/21

3/14/10 8:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If any michigan grapplers are interested, next Sunday the Michigan open judo tournament is being held at Michgian State University. email me at judoblackbelt@wowway.com for a flier if interested. thanks,
3/21/10 10:05 PM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Our tounament at MSU had excellent blackbelt matches with some ex national players who retired and are back competing masters(over30), Chris Synder, Joe Vandenboomk and Rick Hysil) . The toughest brkt of the day was 81K(161-178)under 30 won by Dusty Moran of Southside. MSU had very strong group of young fighters in the white-green div, the best I have seen in years. We had some BJJ fighters from East-West under their Judo Sensei Ted Tripp who fought some very tough matches in either their first/second judo tournament. A special thanks for showing an interest in judo. Ted took 3rd in his Masters Div. Very competitive day.
3/24/10 7:53 AM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to MSU.

I wanted to compete for the team, but was still recovering from a lung infection. -ken
3/24/10 11:48 AM
judoblackbelt

Ken, I didn't stay for the team competition, I see MSU took 2nd, Southside first. You have a good group of new fighters.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.