UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Advice needed - lawyer problems...

3/15/10 12:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
banjo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the situation - my great aunt died about two years ago, leaving the last of the family farm to four relatives. (my mom, aunt and two cousins) The entire estate was about 50,000.

Nothing complicated about the situation. House was sold, no big legal tangles.

My mother is really upset because the lawyer that is handling the estate keeps putting her off. It's been almost two years since my aunt has died, the relatives still have not received their money, and as of last October, the lawyer had charged almost 10% of the estate.

I can't believe they would charge that much, and also he keeps telling her it will be done, and never is.

Can someone tell me how to proceed? PA Bar association, or what?
3/15/10 7:38 PM
jbapk

Call and tell him you're thinking about going to the Bar Association, and you want to meet to discuss where the estate is/get an accounting of the estates money and his billable hours. If he does follow up, Bar Association.
3/16/10 1:53 PM
Subadie

You'll figure it out eventually, but dont go to the Bar Ass'n: That is a voluntary quasi-political association that is mostly good for arranging trips to Acapulco that can be deducted as business expenses. Go to the State Bar
3/18/10 3:52 PM
banjo

^what's the difference between the Bar Ass'n and the State Bar?

I looked at the website and it's called the Pennsylvania State Bar Association...
3/18/10 4:13 PM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One is an association of people with a common interest. the other is a regulatory body.

You're in a kooky state where the Supreme Court is whom you should be dealing.

Go here. Your questions will probably be answered. 
 http://www.padisciplinaryboard.org/faqs/consumers.php

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.