UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> compact pickup trucks

3/15/10 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
redwhiteandblues
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/15/10 10:30 PM

will be in the market for one, so far i've read that toyota tacoma is top dog, and nissan frontier is second, followed by the rest.<br /><br />i'd really like to buy an american truck, but, from what i've read they are shit compared to tacoma.<br /><br />any suggestions fellas??<br /><br />and, what do you think about the soon to be released, Mahindra compact trucks???????????<br /><br />can a blue help me out?<br /><br />http://www.mahindrana.com/

nvm about the help blues, just go check out the site.
3/16/10 4:50 PM
07BSPXR
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love my tacoma. i have no brand loyalty but my honest opinion is its top dog right now. i have friend with a colorado xtreme its also a nice ride but is more prone to things going wrong at least from what ive seen while he has owned it.  the frontier is also nice and most owners ive met are cool dudes and have good things to say about their truck
3/19/10 3:27 AM
dorf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm on my 3rd Tacoma and happy with each I've had. The resale is great too, at least with the 4x4's. The previous Taco I had, had 140k on it when I sold it, and it still ran great.

My brother had a Frontier a few years ago, I think it was an '02, and was happy with it but only drove it for a year before upgrading to a larger truck.
3/19/10 12:48 PM
White347LX
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tacoma or Ranger, IMO. The Tacoma drivetrain will last forever but the body will rust before a Ranger.
3/19/10 4:35 PM
Crush Crawfish
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've owned three Rangers, loved them all. Ran one up to 199,xxx miles with no major repairs (unless you count a new clutch as a major repair, but that was my own fault.)
4/19/10 4:07 PM
DirkH
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ford Rangers have the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. No lumbar support, they kill your back.

As far as durabiltiy though, mine has been fine, 160K miles so far.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.